Oovee® Games

Spintires Sound Throttle Error

I find another sound problem! Is for users gamepads a and steering wheels with pedals, read down below.

Hello.

Since I can not open or respond to the topic. I write here.

I want to report a bug. I write it here. (I have already contacted the admin and he replied: Anti spam meassure. Search for a relevant topic. Post your message there. It wil be approced and if need be split of into a seperate topic.) I repeat! I can not create or reply.

Problem is that I play xbox gamepad. The driver has a multi-position lower buttons.
This Means That when the throttle slowly, truck reacts as if I was really drove through the pedals, Which is perfect! But the problem lies in the fact That when i throttle slowly, it takes the sound of a truck like I added using the keys, so when I press immediately added to the fullest. It's like buggy and previous versions works good.
I tried restarting, reinstalling the game, and the controller. Nothing.

I download a recording program and made a small video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhPR4LfJmI&index=1&list=UUHRRcgdv-ETOpp_jRkv5y8g

(Whenever you try to control the torque in the car, you'll hear from the top half of this strange sound bugged. It's very annoying. (on every truck) (ilike this patche, but in previous pathce sounds work normal)

Im using Wireless Gamepad F710 - Logitech. (Xbox) game default setting.)

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Okay, so i figured out what those sounds are. In the Media.zip\sounds\engine\

The "uaz rev 1" through "uaz rev 4" are being spammed like crazy at about 50% throttle on game pads. This started in one of the beta builds a few months ago. It may also affect steering wheels and pedals as well.

Edited by Pravus_Obzen

This is what's causing it:

if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate > 0.4 and truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate) then 
    if (not truck.wasEngineRev) then 
        C_SoundPlay(truck.soundEngineRev, false, true) 
        C_SoundSetVolumeMultiplier(truck.soundEngineRev, 0.8 + truckInput.pedalAccelerate * 0.8)
        truck.wasEngineRev = true
    end
else 
    truck.wasEngineRev = false 
end
truck.prevPedalAccelerate = truckInput.pedalAccelerate

If anyone has an older version of ST I'd like to see what the code was before.

You can change the code to this, it will only start playing the sound when the previous one finished (might still sound weird, I don't have a wheel close to test it ;)):

if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate > 0.4 and truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate) then 
        if(not C_IsSoundPlaying(truck.soundEngineRev)) then
            C_SoundPlay(truck.soundEngineRev, false, true)
        end
        C_SoundSetVolumeMultiplier(truck.soundEngineRev, 0.8 + truckInput.pedalAccelerate * 0.8)
    end
else 
end

This goes into Media.zip/scrips/truck.lua, at line 126. Probably the best is to copy the whole file to the media folder: Media/scrips/truck.lua; and edit it there.

• Like 1

You're welcome :)

Another guess, what if you change the truck.prevPedalAccelerate on the top-most if to truck.prevPedalAccelerate*1.2, or some other value between 1 and 2? This would mean that the sound will only be triggered if you push the pedal down faster (depending on the ammount of multiplier, more means needing a faster push).

Thanks for the reply.

So! I took your previous values MarijnS95 and I combined them with what you wrote last. I think that the works.

It looks like this:

if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate> 0.4 and truckInput.pedalAccelerate> truck.prevPedalAccelerate * 0.8) then
         if (not C_IsSoundPlaying (truck.soundEngineRev)) then
             C_SoundPlay (truck.soundEngineRev, false, true)
         end
         C_SoundSetVolumeMultiplier (truck.soundEngineRev, truckInput.pedalAccelerate * 0.8 + 0.8)
     end
else
end

leftCTRL+F and insert: truckInput.pedalAccelerate (it should be found on C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Spintires\Media.zip\scripts\truck.lua (edit with notepad)

I'm not sure if it works 100%, but it sounds very good. Should Pravus_Obzen could test? :-)

Thanks again.

Good solution.

I'm unsure ( :P) about a value lower than one, as this gives an even bigger chance of truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate being true (and thus having a higher chance of producing the sound), although on the other side this won't necessarily start more sounds (where: if (not truck.wasEngineRev) then is for), but just have more calculations on the volumeMultiplier. So if more people can test this would be amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

When using a Playstation 3 controller on Motioninjoy, whenever using anything other than full or no throttle. I get a weird engine sound glitch, making the audio sound choppy as depicted in this video. Hopefully you guys will hear what I'm talking about. Pay special attention to the engine noise.

Video Here ---> 

However I am not happy about the sound issue. I am glad I have fellow players that can relate to my problem. Its not game breaking. Its just less immersive. And yes I can confirm it worked fine before one of the beta_next builds.

When using a Playstation 3 controller on Motioninjoy, whenever using anything other than full or no throttle. I get a weird engine sound glitch, making the audio sound choppy as depicted in this video. Hopefully you guys will hear what I'm talking about. Pay special attention to the engine noise.

We already 'fixed' that manually, by changing some code. Not multiplayer compayitible though. Link here.

So it'll be gone in the next update?

With 'we' I actually meant Lorindes and me. I'll flag this post as a bug, so it'll be easier for Pavel to find and fix. No promises there, but I'll see what I can do :)

Edit: I merged the two topics as they are about the same bug.

AUTOMATED MESSAGE: Possible bug reported, we will endeavour to provide a fix as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please provide as much detail about the bug you have reported.

Thread moved to the BUG / ISSUES section.

• 1 month later...