Oovee® Games

lot of very good ideas here guys . hope that tread will go on . here are mine

Summary:- snowny environment 

Type:- environment/graphics

Description:- more snowy areas on maps   

Benefits:- would give game a graphical change and thus make it even more attractive

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- snow material has to be made

References:

-

-

Summary:- new objectives    

Type:- Objective

Description:- it could be bringing truck parts to damaged industrial vehicles spread all over the map , or it could be bringing rocks to repair a dike or planks to repair a bridge or even passengers that you have to drive around    

Benefits:- creates diversity in objectives . makes the game even more attractive . could be interesting for implementing in game the mythical UAZ-452 minibus

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- damaged dikes or bridges when repaired could open easier and faster routes . but damaged routes would need to be scripted

References:-

Snow was one of the first ideas I had for this game. Either winter / arctic maps or mountain map which has snow near the summit.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary:  Free Driver Mode   Type:  Progression mode.   Description:  In this case all the maps would be joined together via 1 center location or at the edges of each map In this mode you take jo

Summary: Update Type: Gameplay improvement Description: An official update that will improve the game Benefits: People would care about the game again Cons: Pavel has to get off his ass

Off-roaders,   We know that Spintires has been made by the fans - without our backers and everyone who purchased the game, we wouldn't be where we are today. Spintires is an enjoyable g

Posted Images

Summary:- military themed missions
Type:- objective, scenario, vehicles, map
Description:- Spin Tires, with all its soviet vehicles reminds me a lot of Arma 2, except with actual physics, more mud and less shooting, and the current stock of maps remind me a lot of the difficult, muddy forest terrain soldiers encountered in the Chechen wars, enhancements can be made to add to the already military feel of the game, for example missions involving retrieving wounded soldiers, reinforcing or delivering troops, supply, reconnaissance for tanks, specific routes could be blocked due to threat of landmines or enemy presence, or even these could be modelled and players would be advised to avoid them. Environments can be altered to have distant gunfire and artillery during these missions, or new maps specifically replicating existing warzones can be made, radio chatter can add a lot of atmosphere. To be really demanding even new vehicles could be added like BRDMs and BMPs as an example. 
Benefits:atmospherics and a whole new angle to gameplay, capitalises on the already militaristic soviet feel of the game, would add crap loads of Russian customers
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Maps would have to be carefully monitored to ensure levels of realism, however in games like Arma 2 terrains have been made following real world areas to the dot and they always give spectacular gameplay, more complex objectives such as scouting and reconnaissance imply danger of death and this may change ratings 
References:- Arma 2 environments, while the scale may not be possible it gives a sort of picture of what I'm trying to describe, battlefield logistics and the difficulty of moving vehicles through rough terrain

Summary:- Realistic engine RPM sound behavior and more realistic throttle respond (and possible tachometer with them)

Type:- Vehicle, sound

Description:- Sound is vital information source for engine power usage. Now, when Spintires got a wheel support, i immediately noticed than engine sound was like before, and it feels too unreal, when before update with arcade gears in game had only few different sound, accelerating, hi-load, hi-rpm and idle-rpm. Now when you can use variable RPM, those are not enough.
Many of you who has really driven large diesel engine, knows than big diesel engines respond pretty quickly in small gears and slowly during heavy load, this is all ready done nicely, bit it felt like there might to be more for that.

Benefits:- More realistic game and better driving feeling with wheel.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Modification of sound engine, development of game engine.
References:- ETS 2 has a great modelling for throttle responding, when comparing to real world and engine sounds are nearly perfect, but we have to remember than ETS 2 environment is different, but engine sound behavior is done extremely realistic.

• Like 1

Summary:- Realistic engine RPM sound behavior and more realistic throttle respond (and possible tachometer with them)

See here:

We also want to look into implementing an RPM system, which would in turn allow for a proper sound engine to be used - but that is in early planning and will be looked into after the next few updates, so I will update on that as and when we have anymore information.

Hi everyone!

First I would like to say that this game is awsome! :) A big thumbs up for the developers and their hard work! Keep it up guys!

I've read all the suggestions and would give my +1 to:

- Icons of vehicles in Navigation mode and Darker nights with moon cycles as suggested by Gorasahib

- Server filter as suggested by Monkeh

- Fog of War style map uncovering (instead of cloaking) & Limited truck types in MP as suggested by Qchronod

- Partial refueling & repairing and adding extra lights to vehicles as suggested by Lizard of Bodom.

My suggestions:

Summary: Spotlight
Type: Vehicles
Description: Adding a spotlight on the vehicles roof (or by the mirror) so that you can look around in 360 degrees. It could be selected as an add on like the spare tire. You would control it like a crane when the vehicle is not moving (advanced mode) and when selected the camera would position itself right behind the spotlight.
Benefits: Better navigation in the night.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: ?
References: http://classicunimogs.com/images/404_ft_camper24.jpg

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_231990798_00-1.0x0/55w-360-rotating-hid-xenon-spotlight-searchlight.jpg

Summary: Custom POI (Points of Interest) in Navigation mode
Type: Map
Description: Ability to add POI on map in Navigation mode for marking different spots.  POIs would only be visible in navigation mode and you'd have the option to chose their color.
Benefits: You can mark logs you find or a path that is no longer drivable (I got stuck in a field yesterday because I drove in the same tire rut the 3rd time and the mud got very deep and soft).

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: None
References: http://www.gemscottage.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Treasure-Map.jpg

• Like 2

Summary:- Missions

Type:- Maps
Description:-  A plane crashes in the forest. A team of different vehicles go to the crash site. Emergency and fire trucks (clearing fire with water also) for example. the mission is over when all people (or bodies) rescued, fire cleared and the big parts of the crashed plane are transported away. things like siren and rotating lights make it more realistic. the team have limited funds and starts with old crappy vehicles - earning money to buy newer trucks. rapairing costs money. 
Benefits :-  Coop, MP
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-  /
References:-  Reality simulation

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Spin Tires is a cool game and I know they are working on some new stuff, and they're a small studio. Here's another one of my thoughts, more simple this time, I apologize for not following any format we have on this page:

I would like to see an expansion of attachments for the B-130. Currently, the B-130 is the awkward mix between the jeep and the type C's, taking the negative from the jeep of being a weaker vehicle, more prone to mud when carrying loads, yet it is larger like the type C's so it's not really a scouting vehicle like the jeep, to go around uncloaking areas. Usually people use it to find other vehicles say it is River or Coast, or for any immediate assistance if something that can be done (IE stuck vehicle, logging station adjacent) is close by that it would be a waste of time and fuel to switch vehicles. BUT, I find using the vehicle is a fun challenge and I will willingly drive it with short logs or to explore/find vehicles.

However, the vehicle has a small set of attachments. Chains are obvious, for you will need all the traction you can get, and use that in combination with Gear 1+. Now, while driving with a carriage with short logs, or no trailer at all is manageable, driving with the Utility Trailer is difficult (As it is with any vehicle) because both the trailer and the type B are low to the ground. And of course, when one day when I had too much curiosity I decided to try driving the B-130 with a fully loaded fuel cistern on Hill. Okay, driving the fuel cistern empty was no big deal, it was raised off the ground and didn't weigh much. But as soon as I loaded it, I turned around, and could not get very far out of Hill's fuel station, and for those of you who have played Hill we all can agree it's a pretty easy going road, no mud, just dirt tracks back to the garage and abandoned apartments, where there is pavement. (I have yet to try 2,000 liters, and since that's half the weight and the trailer is raised up unlike the Utility Trailer, maybe I should give that a go)

Anyway, back to my point. While I know the type B is no muscular truck, and that job belongs to the type C's and type D, I would like to give this truck more of a sense of purpose versus the typical find another vehicle and park the type B, or drive it for the challenge. As stated earlier, the type A has the scouting abilities, and the ones above the type B have the muscle, and the type B is not really much of each. I would like to see an expansion of attachments on the type B, be it a raised frame, larger wheels, etc., so it can EVEN AT LEAST DRIVE SOME SORT OF TRAILER AND BE ABLE TO SUPPORT OTHER TRUCKS ASIDE FROM LOGS. Or, at least make it be able to carry the smaller Fuel Trailer and Utility Trailer, since those are smaller, loaded on the truck versus towed and obviously lighter.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. In future maps, I would like to see a reduction in garages. River has one in every corner, and Coast has three spread out in the three different primary areas you would be in. There are a bunch of attachments meant for the conservation of the truck being driven and other trucks, and I rarely need to use them due to the amount of garages. Yes, Volcano is a huge map with two garages one on an eastern island and one on the southwestern tip, but the garage layout is still easy. The eastern island one is within close proximity to the logging station, and the southwestern garage is near easy roads that travel along the south side of the island and west side of the island, with a fuel station at the northwestern area. Hill probably feels like the only map where I really need vehicle conservation. Yes, Hardcore does have a considerable fuel consumption increase, but I still only worry about using vehicle conservation attachments on Hill and Volcano for that matter on Hardcore, the rest of the maps fuel is far from a worry.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Anyway, back to my point. While I know the type B is no muscular truck, and that job belongs to the type C's and type D, I would like to give this truck more of a sense of purpose versus the typical find another vehicle and park the type B, or drive it for the challenge. As stated earlier, the type A has the scouting abilities, and the ones above the type B have the muscle, and the type B is not really much of each. I would like to see an expansion of attachments on the type B, be it a raised frame, larger wheels, etc., so it can EVEN AT LEAST DRIVE SOME SORT OF TRAILER AND BE ABLE TO SUPPORT OTHER TRUCKS ASIDE FROM LOGS. Or, at least make it be able to carry the smaller Fuel Trailer and Utility Trailer, since those are smaller, loaded on the truck versus towed and obviously lighter.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. In future maps, I would like to see a reduction in garages.

I have used the B-130 in hardcore mode on River to fuel the D-537 with 1000L and 2000L (for two players), and while the latter involved a bit more winching on the track through the woods, the hardest part was finding the spot on the island to make landfall, because if you get stopped, the current will sweep the empty trailer away, and the truck with it if you're not quick to detach it. I have also successfully navigated the B-130 with the utility trailer to the closer objective in River, because my UAZ got destroyed there in the course of the after-delivery festivities. Honestly, I have no idea where the vodka came from.

Generally, I consider delivering logs with the Zil to be the "expert mode" of the game, and I am generally content with what is available for it.

Having the garages allows us a choice. It has proven easy in a game with acquaintances to consent before the start of the game to not unlock any garages. This makes River, Coast and Hill slightly more challenging; presumably more so the less expert your team of drivers is, since if you don't need repairs, there is little challenge.

To make these maps more challenging, the well-placed fuel stations on these maps would also need to be turned off, to be replaced with a fuel station near the starting point, because even expert drivers need to refuel - and getting unexpectedly stuck (yourself, or helping someone else) can completely destroy your fuel budget.

Edited by mendel
  • 2 weeks later...

Summary: Transfer fuel to another nearby truck with a siphon

Type: gameplay mechanics

Description: Use the fuel tank of your truck like a cistern

Benefits: more realistic, can help a truck that is close to a fuel tank, more gameplay options

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: currently, cisterns don't allow to set the amount of fuel transferred, so a transfer may leave the fuel donor dry. While unrealistic, this would add to the gameplay: you would not be able to just rescue any stranded vehicle that way, because every rescue could (probably) leave another truck stranded. Having one truck mobile and all others dry (and being able to tranfer driver and fuel to another truck) would make for interesting games.

Another solution would be for a siphon to only transfer half of the fuel in the tank (or less if the receiving vehicle has less capacity).

References: https://www.google.com/images?q=fuel+siphon

Edited by mendel
  • Like 3

Just in addition I'll quite happily keep updating the index of suggestions in the OP of this thread with all relevant links etc. to keep stuff easy to read through. Quickly becomes a mess of pages otherwise and I think the list of all of them together gives a good impression of what the community is leaning towards at a glance

Would you chaps rather I grouped the index by catagory or keep suggestions grouped by Author

Edited by Sadist_Cain
  • Like 1

I closed the thead Reece had posted on collecting ideas etc. This thread is now the main thread to post your ideas for making Spin Tires better. 

@Sadist_Cain. If you would be so kind then please continue your good work here as sheperd of this thread. Please if possible collect and arrange the suggestions per category.

If you need anything then let me know and i will see what i can do.

• Like 1

I like your categories, but the formatting is a bit loose and takes up much space. Maybe try a comma-separated list?

I feel that the list would look better with the author's name in parentheses after each suggestion (not linked, so it's black and not blue), but if I was organizing it, I might be too lazy to do the work of adding these. :P

I like your categories, but the formatting is a bit loose and takes up much space. Maybe try a comma-separated list?

I feel that the list would look better with the author's name in parentheses after each suggestion (not linked, so it's black and not blue), but if I was organizing it, I might be too lazy to do the work of adding these. :P

I hear ya on the spacing good buddy. Initially I wanted to organise them into 3 columns or a table, its the empty space to the sides that makes it all unpleasant to the eye. I've tried every bit of bbcode, ipboard stuff and html to try and make this happen but no luck :( any ideas? or... Suggestions? *badum Tish* :P

Summary:-   Single set of trucks in MP

Type:-    Gameplay Mechanics

Description:-  
Additional mode in MP must be implemented, where all players would share single set of trucks (same as in SP).
If there are more players then accessible trucks, players with no trucks may spectate or help with winching. We've played like this with my friend on a single PC: one player with a steering wheel, and another with keyboard and mouse.
When a player wants to take your truck or exchage trucks with you, there must be an "Accept"/"Decline" dialog.
Autosteering and acceleraion of a winched truck may be unavailable for this mode.

Benefits:-

-More realistic and more challenging MP

-no overlapping trucks on start
  -no "ghost" trucks
  -more responsibility for each player

-one usually won't be able to complete a level "alone", without any cooperation

-Same level "balance" as in SP
-More "cooperative" and "parallelized" gameplay: if one player unlocked a truck, anybody can use it

-Suits best for 2- or maybe 3-player teams (not for random players)

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-

-Not suitable for "random" players from the internet

-voice communication recommended

-the whole result depends on each player: one player's actions may easily render a level uncomplitable

-people with no trucks at the begining may be bored spectating an unknown person
-Suits best for 2- or maybe 3-player teams

The solution is to make this mode as an option for small cohesive teams.

-Truck transition between game instances may be difficult to implement, but I have not seen your code.

Guest freeman

Summary:- Functional vehicle snorkel accessories for limited deep fording capability
Type:- gameplay mechanics
Description:- detachable vehicle snorkels and supporting game code that actually raises the air intake in game
Benefits:- Deep fording capability for all vehicles that have snorkels, new gameplay mechanic,
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Requires supporting code and takes time to add that functionality. Currently, the UAZ has a cosmetic snorkel on the trunk accessory in game but functionally does nothing. Functional snorkels would allow trucks to ford river crossings without engine water damage.
References:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_snorkel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_wading

• Like 1

Summary:-   Saves in MP

My three-hour-long game with a friend was interrupted by router overheating. It'd be good to have a saved state on server-side (game creator's PC). Disconnected player should be able to connect again and proceed from his last location.

Disconnected game creator should be able to restore the game and wait for other players to connect.
Creator should have an ability to "suspend" a game and resume it later

No frustration and time waste.
Ability to split a cooperative playthrough into shorter time intervals.

Don't see any except development time.

References:- Many cooperative multiplayer games like Borderlands, for example.

• Like 8

I hear ya on the spacing good buddy. Initially I wanted to organise them into 3 columns or a table, its the empty space to the sides that makes it all unpleasant to the eye. I've tried every bit of bbcode, ipboard stuff and html to try and make this happen but no luck :( any ideas? or... Suggestions? *badum Tish* :P

If the forum supports this, you should see a table below.

[table][tr][td]Column one[/td][td]column2[/td][/tr][/table]

EDIT: nevermind, it doesn't. Although a quick google search popped up a table plugin for IP.Board

Edited by MarijnS95

Summary: Winch Portable Anchor

Type: Vehicle feature

Description: Some locations, do not have a tree near by in single player. In practical real life, what is available is a portable anchor that you basically depending on the ground anchor, dig a hole with a spade to drive the ground anchor in. This gives you the ability to winch of the anchor as long as the ground is solid enough. Eg... you can not install one effectively into the same bog you are stuck in!!. It has to be installed in harder ground.

This option should be only available for the smaller trucks, perhaps as the utility rack for the UAZ. Bigger trucks would break the anchor!

Benefits: Enhanced single player, You have an opportunity to self rescue where solid ground is within winch reach with an anchor. Thus providing authenticity and options to the game. 

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: It could remove the requirement for having to get another truck from the garage to pair rescue

References:-

http://shoptruckin.com/images/F63242836.jpg

I would suggest also that this was only available for the small

• Like 2

Summary: Map Creator/Editor

Type: Game/ Mod Feature

Description: Abitlity to design and edit own Maps with own Missions, Objectives and Trucks. A completely free and easy to use map editor with everything you need to create a own Map from the shape of the map up to single details like rocks or flowers. The size of the Map shouldn´t be restricted to give total freedom in creating a map.

Benefits: Creative Offroaders can create their own maps and challange other players in singleplayer or multiplayer. Created maps can be uploaded in Mod Pools for everyone to see and download if needed or wanted.

The game will get close unlimited ammount of different maps after times. People maybe can automatically add new contents to the game while uploading the new maps.

• Like 2

Summary:-   Saves in MP

My three-hour-long game with a friend was interrupted by router overheating. It'd be good to have a saved state on server-side (game creator's PC). Disconnected player should be able to connect again and proceed from his last location.

Disconnected game creator should be able to restore the game and wait for other players to connect.

Creator should have an ability to "suspend" a game and resume it later

No frustration and time waste.

Ability to split a cooperative playthrough into shorter time intervals.

Don't see any except development time.

References:- Many cooperative multiplayer games like Borderlands, for example.

This is my #1 wish! An alternative that would partially solve the same problem is dedicated servers.

• Zane (Oovee) changed the title to Suggestions Mega Thread