Oovee® Games

Summary:- Earthquake/Flood Relief Work

Type:- Game Mode

Description:- There has been a severe earthquake in a nearby town, roads have subsided/flooded making the area inaccessible for normal vehicles, huge high rises and tower blocks have been reduced to mountains of loose rubble and twisted metal.

You and your team are tasked with delivering water/fuel/supplies/relief workers to the affected areas, traversing the catastrophically ruined urban landscape.

Once supplies are delivered to those in need and a base of operations (aka garage) is set up in the relief zone Trucks are outfitted with various tools to assist in relief tasks. such as placing pumps and deploying sandbags to overcome flooding and using grabbing attachments to remove layers of rubble and heavy debris.

Once equipment is in place a "worker" could find a survivor, starting a timer and a mad scramble to use vehicle attachments to remove enough rubble from a designated area in time before the timer runs out and the survivor is no more

Benefits:- exciting and dynamic options for gameplay, option for an element of timed pressure, potential mini0games that could be played separately from the main game mode. Most importantly, people have been asking about "Urban" maps, I feel this is Urban... spintires style and a completely fresh face to work with.
Map could also be modified and used with other completely different gamemodes

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- New attachments and vehicles, could minimize workload by using existing crane arm with different head as someone once suggested.
New map would certainly be required, maybe some work on the rocks and how they have a tendency to bounce and also the road surface as loose gravel/dust is a different surface to what is currently in game.

References:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCSe5QHEoU
trucks.jpg
article-2531060-1A5722E400000578-986_964

• Like 6
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary:  Free Driver Mode   Type:  Progression mode.   Description:  In this case all the maps would be joined together via 1 center location or at the edges of each map In this mode you take jo

Summary: Update Type: Gameplay improvement Description: An official update that will improve the game Benefits: People would care about the game again Cons: Pavel has to get off his ass

Off-roaders,   We know that Spintires has been made by the fans - without our backers and everyone who purchased the game, we wouldn't be where we are today. Spintires is an enjoyable g

Posted Images

Summary:-    Added Economics
Type:-  Game Mode
Description:- Add money to the game. Give log delivery and other missions a money value. Instead of just unlocking added vehicles or garages you need to find and then purchase them. Repairs, rescues and fuel cost money.
Benefits:- Gives added intent for game making levels potentially endless, especially in MP if game progress could be saved.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Will require start vehicles to have available missions to make money. Start with only the UAZ and a small bank account. Give uncloaking a money value. As you uncloak a map and unlock vehicles you earn enough to purchase the ZIL with carriage and move up from there.
References:- Real life and most other games

• Like 3

Summary: Dynamic objectives

Type:- Objective modification

Description: When I saw that boat in objective location on The Volcano map I got this idea. Make more objective locations for boat and make active one in which the boat is currently. Make countdown for staying and for reaching next objective.

Or second variation would be boats coming to and off their own harbors, so you would have time windows for completing objectives.

Both variations would be even better with only option to manualy unload directly on boat using crane.

Benefits:- Better use of the whole map since the objective is moving.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:Easy way would be to just wait in one location. So some scoring system would have to be implemented to keep motivation for trying to catch the boat.

References:- real life - some locations have very low traffic with long way to reach it or they are accessible only in summer or winter. So transportations have to scheduled.

Edited by Rhosta
  • Like 3

Summary:-   Bigger maps

Type:-    Map expansion

Description:-   I think that game ability to handle bigger maps than just 1000x1000 metres is a "must have" if we want to talk about more different mission types. Also current maps don't have too much diversity in them. There should be some more asphalt routes, narrow roads in a densely wooded area with trees which fall almost on the road etc. etc.

Benefits: Maps which require bigger amount of time than 2 hours to pass them would be a good reason for players to say on one of maps even longer than now.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  I don't know what to write here.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Seymour_Logging_Road.JPG

http://donsmaps.com/images19/poissonIMG_0505.jpg

http://gallery2.wildwalks.com/364575.jpg

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/two-track-narrow-dirt-road-13331458.jpg

Edited by Kacper Tomczewski
  • Like 8

Summary:-  Extra lights 
Type:-  Vehicle add-ons
Description:- Ability to install additional lights on vehicles that would actually lit up more terrain. 

Could be divided to 2 add-ons, roof bar and grill bar. Each set would add extra light source and power (roof ones working as long-range, mid bar working as wide-angle, for example).
Benefits:- Night driving would be much better and more exciting
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Each car would have to have individually designed bars/mounting points to suit it. Also more light sources and light coverage would have to be implemented/coded (dont know how hart it actually is). Would probably affect less powerful computers as more lighting objects would have to be rendered.

If I was hauling timber trough any wilderness in the middle of the night I would certainly made sure my trucks have extra lights, even scavenged from other wrecks. Just like they did in Sorcerer movie, just comes in mind

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Sorcerer-truck.jpg

games:

Euro Truck Simulator 2, (mid bar and roof bar can be switched on and off and it affects the range of visibility)

real life:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5069/5645608137_b173e05e0d_z.jpg

or maybe a bit more extreme  :D

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/291/e/5/kamaz__rally_dakar_2013__by_nehuencs14-d6qz8hi.jpg

http://www.unusuallocomotion.com/medias/images/kraz-255-b1.jpg?fx=r_250_250

Edited by Lizard Of Bodom
  • Like 4

Summary Rocks have little traction

Type Environment

Description Large rocks have little to no traction in game.  You can see an easy route but its impossible because you cannot gain traction, even with clean tires.  So you end up just... spinning tires, until you maybe make it after a few minutes if you don't give up.

Benefits Being able to do technical routes with small vehicles on large rocks

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions This may make larger vehicles climb when they should slide around an obstacle.  If rocks were set to the traction equivalent of pavement I would think this would be simpler to implement and have the appropriate traction. But I know little of such things.

References The best I can think of is a recent video of my club off road.  My truck (black, too many headlights) is a Toyota, locked and has an extra transfer case for extra low speeds.  The other black Toyota is all stock with larger tires, and the green Datsun is locked without transfer case upgrades.  

Essentially in game our settings would be:

Me:  1, All wheels, Diff lock

Sir Ben Rules: Auto, All wheels 

]2edeye: +1 (or maybe auto: gear 2+) All wheels, Diff lock

@ 1:43 there is a section that climbs a very steep rock incline. If this was in game it would be impossible to drive like i do up it, or even struggle up like the other 2. 

Edited by ShoNuff
  • Like 3

Summary: LAN multiplayer option

Type: Gameplay/UI

Description: The ability to have in house games, for those with internet connections too slow for gaming. (LAN parties freakin' rocked!)

Benefits: Local multiplayer in a single dwelling without using internet connection

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: Increased power bills and alcohol consumption. Solution: Have fun with it

References: Any multiplayer game with LAN option

• Like 2

Summary: Dynamic height of water surface

Type: environment

Description: One of dynamic weather effects could be changing water levels accross the map, then the river could change its way, calm down or dry up at some places and thus providing different routes depending on weather.

Benefits: Better map use and need to better plan yout route.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions: It could look unrealistic if only river mechanics would be implemented and not other water surfaces.

References:

Edited by Rhosta
  • Like 5

Summary:-   Lock vehicles into a convoy in SP

Type:-   Vehicles-single player

Description:-   The ability to create a convoy in single player.  Simplest implementation for example might be having a fuel truck follow you.

Benefits: To be able to have a MP like experience in SP. Some people, like me, may live where fast  internet connections  aren't available. (rural)

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-   I guess it would require some degree of AI, not sure how hard that is.
References:-   -

Summary:-  replay of the last 30 seconds viewable from multiple angles

Type:-    camera

Description:-   pretty self-explanatory 

Benefits: I've pulled off some pretty slick moves here and there, I'm sure you have too.  Wouldn't it be great to get a second and perhaps better look at it?.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-   probably difficult to implement, but I'm no programmer.

References:-   The racing simulator 'Live for Speed" has this and other nice camera/replay options.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_for_Speed

• Like 3

Summary:-   Lock vehicles into a convoy in SP

Type:-   Vehicles-single player

Description:-   The ability to create a convoy in single player.  Simplest implementation for example might be having a fuel truck follow you.

Benefits: To be able to have a MP like experience in SP. Some people, like me, may live where fast  internet connections  aren't available. (rural)

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-   I guess it would require some degree of AI, not sure how hard that is.

References:-   -

Summary:-  replay of the last 30 seconds viewable from multiple angles

Type:-    camera

Description:-   pretty self-explanatory 

Benefits: I've pulled off some pretty slick moves here and there, I'm sure you have too.  Wouldn't it be great to get a second and perhaps better look at it?.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-   probably difficult to implement, but I'm no programmer.

References:-   The racing simulator 'Live for Speed" has this and other nice camera/replay options.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_for_Speed

Have you tried to winch the second truck to yours and set the winch option (F) from "pull" to "accelerate"? its not really a convoy, but helps to do two jobs by one...  B)

Have you tried to winch the second truck to yours and set the winch option (F) from "pull" to "accelerate"? its not really a convoy, but helps to do two jobs by one...  B)

Yes, that works very well for 2 trucks, I do use that. But of course I want more! :D   Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Summary:

I think the addition of some new maps with snow cover would be great. Spin Tires indeed is heavily based on navigating treacherous terrain, but I think an addition of a few snow maps will add a few challenging aspects and a whole new look to your vehicles and your surroundings. Frozen creeks and lakes that can crack, to black ice on pavement, to spinning your tires in the deeper snow, new attachments like chains not limited to a B-130, etc.

I was also thinking of changing fog levels and different weather from freezing rain, clouds, clear days, and of course snow. Also, I am not like everyone else. I kind of want to keep Spin Tires with its vehicles already existing, like the Jeep, B-130, the three type C's, and the two MAZ's, as I kinda like to see this group of unique vehicles with their ups and downs take on several different challenges together throughout the levels, like how they have always been together for the five maps we know right now. I get sentimental about the weirdest things, don't I?

Type: Graphics, Gameplay

Benefits: New, fresh environments to beat alone or with friends. Hours more of fun.

Drawbacks: These levels could be more demanding on a system.

References: My trips to ski requires a lot of snowy driving and varying weather.

• Like 5

Summary:

I think the addition of some new maps with snow cover would be great. Spin Tires indeed is heavily based on navigating treacherous terrain, but I think an addition of a few snow maps will add a few challenging aspects and a whole new look to your vehicles and your surroundings. Frozen creeks and lakes that can crack, to black ice on pavement, to spinning your tires in the deeper snow, new attachments like chains not limited to a B-130, etc.

I was also thinking of changing fog levels and different weather from freezing rain, clouds, clear days, and of course snow. Also, I am not like everyone else. I kind of want to keep Spin Tires with its vehicles already existing, like the Jeep, B-130, the three type C's, and the two MAZ's, as I kinda like to see this group of unique vehicles with their ups and downs take on several different challenges together throughout the levels, like how they have always been together for the five maps we know right now. I get sentimental about the weirdest things, don't I?

Type: Graphics, Gameplay

Benefits: New, fresh environments to beat alone or with friends. Hours more of fun.

Drawbacks: These levels could be more demanding on a system.

References: My trips to ski requires a lot of snowy driving and varying weather.

This will certainly interest you

I must apologise if I dont get the chance to update the op as quickly as usual chaps. Development of the Spintires Camel Trophy is really taking up a lot of my time these days.

Rest assured all your ideas will be looked after and more importantly looked at by the people you most want to see them.

I've read good suggestions about the economy, and support them.

My suggestion is related to economy and mp, and it is - allow players to build own company.

New players could drive, perform tasks ... etc etc ... for these players, until they earn enough money to build up their own company.

Players would strive to develop business, to have as much forest, truck ... whatever, could pay players ... the possibilities are as endless.

I do not know to explain it nicely, but i hope you understand the point :)

• Like 2

Summary:- A dedicated logging economy mode

Type: Game mechanic modification

Description:- Create scripts to hook already referenced material. calculating costs such as. 

Fuel = Two versions, Retail & Wholesale. purchased & placed in a container you carry from a fuel depot = .50c per liter. Purchased by driving into a garage : $1/ liter. 

Maintenance = Each vehicle would use it's mileage for maintenance costs. (Basic NON damage upkeep.) at the rate of  SUV = $1/60m. traveled.  2-1/2 ton = $1/35m   6X =$1/20m. & the 8X =  $1/10m. 

Damage = per point, with Garage repairs listed, (Any repairs done by your crew with addons attached to vehicles are HALVED)   SUV type = $6/point  2-1/2 ton = $10/point  6X = $14/point  8x = $20/point of damage done & repaired. (Again these are garage costs, they are halved if performed by your mechanic crew! i.e. trucks with repair addons.)  

These items are all more or less kept track of internally by the game as it is, there is simply (ha...'simply') no script hooking the information, & calculating it with the $ numbers. (pen & paper at this point) 

Money would be made by log deliveries. With a bonus paid for loading yourself rather than using the mills' resources in the field to do so: For a load of short logs (pulp quality) delivered: $500 if auto loaded; $800 if manually loaded. For medium sized lumber & veneer timber $800, or $1200 if loaded yourself.   Long Timber commands the highest price, at $1000 or $1800 per load delivered.  

At this point, changes in tree physics (the spawning of a tree that's downed into a usable log) could be used to simulate logging tracts of land until we have Feller/harvesters. with bonuses given for completely harvested acreage. 

Benefits:-  A continuous challenge, against not only yourself & your last best efforts on a map, but against the community with "stats" posted on a forum. It is also not such a difficult theme to implement depending on the depth of interface & intricacies the majority of the community sees worthy. (unlockable trucks needing to be purchased, or upgrades needing to be purchased, from chassis changes to wheel changes)

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- maps would have to have accessible, but difficult to harvest lumber tracts, "Cutting anywhere" & hauling those logs to the mill 20 feet away wouldn't do, so "legally-harvestable"  tracts would need to be outlined where a downed tree, or series of trees, ( spawned a "log" of the appropriate type rather than a downed tree. ( say on the third tree or such..)

As it is it is nearly impossible to make money on some maps because the "objective" set is so low, the map is over before you could do so. (a simple change to objectives numbers could solve that. It would even be nice to have certain mills only accept certain types of logs )

References:-  Swamp Loggers "Goodsons All Terrain Logging" a three season series from the Discovery channel a few years back. 

Mods I use to come as close as possible to this (in the order they appear on this mod site, NOT load order...As some things need altering to work well together.)  :

Add extra winch points to crane  by Dappzor

Easy Modding   by Chrius

Beautified Winch  by Kocur909

Tree Physics by Bezzie

Scouting UAZ by Einhinder1

Upgraded trailers by Templar

Wheel packages for all trucks by 0rum

Zil130 with all trailers & addons by Anders 0rum

New textrue for C-255 wheels by Alex Ryskal

Gear labeling for manual by Dexadrinne

The MAZ 7310 trailer addon apparently by Anders Orum, but reposted here by Basic 123

That's about it, except for clear cache!   

As it is, my pencil & paper version has me doing fair to average. I wouldn't grow rich..& then there are maps like "The Hill" where my losses would have bankrupted me.

Edited by Jim McMaster
  • Like 2

This one will have two in the think tank. Sorry if this violates any rules.

~1~

Summary:- A refillable garage fuel reserve

Type:- Gameplay Addition/Modification

Description:- The garages in each map have a seemingly infinite fuel supply. There are tanks around the garages, so underground piping cannot be an explanation. With that said, what if we had to regularly refill this tank to avoid running out of fuel completely?

Benefits:- It would add a layer of difficulty to the game, and could possibly be turned off in casual mode. It would be a fun addition that will encourage planning ahead. It could also add a layer to multiplayer, being that one person could stock the fuel and run around the map towing/refuelling anyone in need.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- If there is no fuel in the tanks to begin with, it may make the game impossible. If the garage starts with a small amount in the tank, any kind of situation can be avoided.

References:- http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/9079-repairrefuel-from-a-trailer-without-truck/?p=37271

~2~

Summary:- Logging camp reserves

Type:- Gameplay Addition/Modification

Description:- No logging camp has an infinite supply of lumber. Maybe if the logs loaded onto our truck depreciate from the pile, multiplayer can be an improved experience by needing a person or group to go and grab logs to bring to the camp.

Benefits:- Adds a level of difficulty and realism to the game. Better team experience.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- May make the game too hard for a single person to do in one sitting. This can be fixed by adding saves, and having it optional on hardmode.

References:- Realism.

Summary:- Capture the log

Type:- Competitive gameplay

Description:- Two teams in MP starts at opposite ends of the map. You have to reach the other camp and capture their log(s) and race back to your logging site and deposit the captured log. This can be made harder if we were able to set the number of captured logs needed to win the game.

Benefits:- It wil bring a more competitive gameplay into the game.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- I am no coder so i don't see why this could not work / be implemented into the game :)

References:- Real life (yes we actually did this once with my old scouting group

• Like 2

Summary:-

In-game clutch & better engine mechanics

Type:-

gameplay/gameplay mechanics modification

Description:-

In real life, everyone knows what to expect in a car. A throttle, a brake pedal, and mostly a clutch. For those that don't know, pushing the clutch in a real car or truck will suspend the gears enough to change the ratio you drive at. This helps gain speed, add power and therefore traction, and can provide a sticky situation if you are stuck in mud. In a situation like being stuck in mud, if you aren't on the clutch or in neutral, you have to be on the throttle so it doesn't stall.

As for the engine mechanics, in a river crossing, a diesel motor doesn't shut off immediately, in fact you could pretty much crawl across the bottom of a lake with one if the exhaust and air intake was out of the water. In raging rivers, it may be a bit harder but it still won't turn off the moment it hits the water, it might get pushed off track before that happens. Petrol engines run off spark plugs that need to be dry, so the little Type A vehicle could fall under this category, thus giving it less chance in mud/river crossing situations.

Benefits:-

Will add an interesting angle to controls, especially on xBox controllers, where the throttle range is needed. Also will get rid of some fear in water (ever noticed how big YouTubers like TomCat would never touch the water in their Beta playthrough?)

Drawbacks:-

I'm no coder here, but it know this will require a lot of effort on the devs part, and may take a long time because of their small team. Not to say it won't pay off, of course. :D

mfunker02, page 2 of this thread. (http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/7614-suggestions-think-tank-mega-thread/?p=35165)

With his realistic diff lock system, the idea that a clutch is needed to change ranges/axle configuration (4x4, 4x2) and sometimes diff locks came to mind.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Summary: Truck Trials simplified
Type: Objective
Description:- see posts "Truck Trials" from hooliganuk and carmatic frua

Benefits:- (of truck trial) additional challenge - (benefits of my solution) easy to implement, no new maps needed
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Truck Trial tracks need a start point, an end point and some waypoints in between. Spintires map already offers the functionality to set waypoints. It also seems as if spintires would detect if a single waypoint was reached (similar to truck unlocks of cloaking - detection by distance).

Track creation:

Load a map then go to map function and enable "truck trial track create" to either load precreated tracks or create your own.

When creating your own track you set waypoints - the first is the start marker and the last is the finish marker - another idea would be to use something similar to the cloaking for start and finish markers.

To create a better understanding those truck trial waypoints are numbered, so even in simulation mode the user understands in which order to drive through the gates when looking at the map.

Each of these waypoints consists of 2 poles and the next step would be to adjust these poles for each waypoint in 3D view - maybe with the help of rulers to ensure the gate is wide enough for the trucks that are to drive through it.

The gate poles should be clearly visible as (maybe) red and white poles. They should be planted like small trees with a similar or even higher chance to break.

Save your trial track when ready, share it with the community if it has proven to be challenging.

Next step - Setup race conditions:

The users should negotiate the race and finishing conditions like

-start time

-warp player prerace to start

-other player as ghosts (if enabled you can drive at the same time without hindering eachother)

and

-finishing time (like in real truck trial)

-punishment for touching the pole (like in real truck trial)

-punishment for breaking the pole (like in real truck trial)

-punishment for missing the waypoint (like in real truck trial)

-punishment for changing direction (like in real truck trial)

-used fuel

-damage (kudos again to carmatic frua for that idea)

Conclusion:

Almost everything truck trial needs is already there - just a little tweaking with already implemented functions would make it real - I can almost smell it...

Truck trial would enrich the gameplay experience by adding a competitive factor to a so far majorly cooperative game.

Maybe add some official premade truck trial tracks that report to hiscores on the homepage to have worldwide competitions for all users.

hooliganuk's thread

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/7614-suggestions-think-tank-mega-thread/page-2?do=findComment&comment=34732

carmatic frua's thread

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/7614-suggestions-think-tank-mega-thread/page-2?do=findComment&comment=35956

Summary:- Map navigation with gamepad.

Type:- Interface controls.

Description:- Right now, when you use gamepad, you have to use mouse for choosing trucks and garrages on map. I suggest to change controlls to this: right thumbstick unchanged (flying around the map), left thumbstick change to moving crosshair/cursor, and some other two buttons for zooming in/out. OR the second option would be to just put cursor hard to the center.

Personaly I would remove the option to rotate the map, but if needed, I would just choose one button, or combination of zoom buttons, for changing views to north, east, south, west.

Benefits:- It will remove the need to use the mouse when changing trucks and recovering to garrage.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Drawback would be consistency of controls throughout the game.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of great ideas, I would love the fire map.

Summary : Lively environment

Type : Maps

Description : Add some animation on the maps, like small animals running in the forest, blocking the way or arise from the sides. Birds in the trees / sky.

Dead trees blocking the way. And why not some animation near the houses, standard vehicles of the residents, light the night, smoke out the chimney. Cars broked down on the way or abandoned in trouble.

Wind, rain, storm that stirs the trees and fall, floods.

Benefits : The environment would be more pleasant and surprising to visit.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions : Animals would be difficult to implement.

References :

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/20mn/2013-01/2013-01-28/article_sanglier.jpg

http://instantsphoto.blogspirit.com/images/cerf1-2.jpg

http://auto.img.v4.skyrock.net/5884/35365884/pics/3204046721_1_2_LAWU7fqZ.jpg

http://s-www.lalsace.fr/images/C46B9BD3-6D95-4A79-8968-56DB7D90ADBD/ALS_03/un-arbre-en-travers-de-la-route-a-pont-l-abbe-photo-afp-damien-meyer.jpg

Would love to see some animals. It is the wilderness after all. If at some point there is a player model which can get out of the vehicle and walk around.. then maybe some danger from predators? More depth..

Summary:- Capture the log

Type:- Competitive gameplay

Description:- Two teams in MP starts at opposite ends of the map. You have to reach the other camp and capture their log(s) and race back to your logging site and deposit the captured log. This can be made harder if we were able to set the number of captured logs needed to win the game.

Benefits:- It wil bring a more competitive gameplay into the game.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- I am no coder so i don't see why this could not work / be implemented into the game :)

References:- Real life (yes we actually did this once with my old scouting group

This might be interesting and should be fairly easy to implement I imagine. It's not really changing any physics or adding any huge thing to the game. Would be great if you could set traps for the other team before the match. Of course that would be more difficult to add... but worth it IMO.

• Zane (Oovee) changed the title to Suggestions Mega Thread