Oovee® Games

Summary:- Making roads through soft plains with concrete slabs.
Type:- Gameplay.
Description:- You have to drive over long path with soft soil and to do it faster you put concrete slabs on the mud.
Benefits:- More things to do, you must think where you use your limited reserves on concrete slabs.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-  Must create more models, (slabs, trailer, maybe crane). Need map/terrain saving. 
References:-  My own truck in middle of very soft peat land standing on concrete slabs. http://www.bildites.lv/images/yrk01hxgk3uls93bk99.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary:  Free Driver Mode   Type:  Progression mode.   Description:  In this case all the maps would be joined together via 1 center location or at the edges of each map In this mode you take jo

Summary: Update Type: Gameplay improvement Description: An official update that will improve the game Benefits: People would care about the game again Cons: Pavel has to get off his ass

Off-roaders,   We know that Spintires has been made by the fans - without our backers and everyone who purchased the game, we wouldn't be where we are today. Spintires is an enjoyable g

Posted Images

I watch too much Discovery I guess. Swamp loggers build these log roads. But then they do have these big skidders.

Oh, yes i remember swamp loggers... Okay in swamp maybe it is only the last way. But did you seen the wooden pallets or something? They put them on the truck roads... Making some on these would be cool.

Summary: Server filter

Type: Ui improvement

Description: Optional filter for Difficulty, map type, ping etc.

Benefits: Gives people a chance to select the right type of server before having to join anything. Less server hopping to find what yer looking for.

Drawbacks: None

• Like 2

Summary: MODS

Type: Easy instalation of mods

Description: I am veteran arma player and developers gave us easy instalation of mods for example,i see mod that i want to instal when i download it(guys who make mods they would already win rar that in file) witch name would be @mod_name now only thing i need to do is put that folder in game files and go to steam settup launch options and type in -mod=@mod_name and when u start game you have mods loaded ofc if u are not using game launcher or updater then that is automaticly done

Benefits: Easy to instal mods easy to manage around files because all @mod_name will be on top of evrything when u enter game files ect

Drawbacks: No idea what to write here XD

• Like 4

Posted this a while back but may as well re-post in the MEGA THREAD ;)

Summary:Truck trials

Type: Mod/add on

Description: Hoping they can add a truck trials section to the game.Basically you take a section of the vanilla maps (or make new modders Im looking at you) and set up a kinda course with cones etc.Hopefully we could have some kind of leaderboard on steam to compare times and faliures,kinda like the way trials evolution do it.

watch the video,its not quite a time trial more a survival.

Benefits: Will add much needed longevity too the game,and lets be honest ya cant beat knocking seconds/minutes off a mates time.

Drawbacks: bad language when you dont knock seconds/minutes of mates time or if you on a good time and ya get stuck or roll it.

Edited by hooliganuk
  • Like 3

Posted this a while back but may as well re-post in the MEGA THREAD ;)

Summary:Truck trials

Type: Mod/add on

Description: Hoping they can add a truck trials section to the game.Basically you take a section of the vanilla maps (or make new modders Im looking at you) and set up a kinda course with cones etc.Hopefully we could have some kind of leaderboard on steam to compare times and faliures,kinda like the way trials evolution do it.

watch the video,its not quite a time trial more a survival.

Benefits: Will add much needed longevity too the game,and lets be honest ya cant beat knocking seconds/minutes off a mates time.

Drawbacks: bad language when you dont knock seconds/minutes of mates time or if you on a good time and ya get stuck or roll it.

Need a in-game chronometer and +XX seconds for hitting a cone or etc. Then we can screen it and put the pics here in forum to see, which driver is the best.

• Like 1

Summary:- Racing, autocross.
Type:-  Gameplay, game type.
Description:- You have a closed track with corners, muddy sections, potholes, jumps, hills. You have to race against time (and show your time here in forums or in steam) or against your friends in MP. Okay, you can't race with a truck, but you can race with mod cars or with Uaz 
Benefits:- More MP players, getting some fun after compleating all maps.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Physics at this moment isn't good for fast riding.
References:- 

''Baja race'' in MotorM4x. 

at first: short hello to the communitiy and oovee: What a Game!

now my suggestion:

Realistic/different Diff Locks

Summary:-   depending on the trucks real configuration there should be different differential locks to choose from

Type:-    Vehicle mechanics

Description: I've not done that much Off-road driving in my life, but i am familiar to Mercedes G (Wolf), Lada Niva/Taiga and some VW syncros (T3/T4). What i know is that there are several combinations of different lock types. The Niva/Taiga e.g. just has a middle differential lock to lock front and rear drive shaft to each other, but no diff locks at the front- or rear-axle. so if the niva stucks in mud with one wheel on front and rear it is lost, even thoug there are two wheels touching solid ground. The syncros have, depending on configuration 0 to 3 locks (starting from the rear: if just 1 lock: it is the rear, 2: rear and middle, 3 all each.) I don't remember exact combination in the G-Class, but you are able to lock all diff seperatly.. i think you got my point. I am not asking for different lock combinations in one vehicle of course, but if there is the possibility to choose wich locks to close, it should be implemented in the game

Benefits: 

-more realistic behaviour and feeling of the vehicles. 

-if you just close the rear, or middle diff you might still be able to steer proper (or near by that) and the damage to the trucks steering system is less (wasn't thougt about adding damage to vehicle by using diff locks on solid ground?)            

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  

need some kind of interface to choose between the locks, or just choose it by pressing "Q" more often..

References:

http://www.hehlhans.de/bilder/autos/g240/sperre/hebelx.jpg

http://www.hehlhans.de/bilder/autos/g240/sperre/taster.jpg

• Like 1

at first: short hello to the communitiy and oovee: What a Game!

now my suggestion:

Realistic/different Diff Locks

Summary:-   depending on the trucks real configuration there should be different differential locks to choose from

Type:-    Vehicle mechanics

Description: I've not done that much Off-road driving in my life, but i am familiar to Mercedes G (Wolf), Lada Niva/Taiga and some VW syncros (T3/T4). What i know is that there are several combinations of different lock types. The Niva/Taiga e.g. just has a middle differential lock to lock front and rear drive shaft to each other, but no diff locks at the front- or rear-axle. so if the niva stucks in mud with one wheel on front and rear it is lost, even thoug there are two wheels touching solid ground. The syncros have, depending on configuration 0 to 3 locks (starting from the rear: if just 1 lock: it is the rear, 2: rear and middle, 3 all each.) I don't remember exact combination in the G-Class, but you are able to lock all diff seperatly.. i think you got my point. I am not asking for different lock combinations in one vehicle of course, but if there is the possibility to choose wich locks to close, it should be implemented in the game

Benefits:

-more realistic behaviour and feeling of the vehicles. 

-if you just close the rear, or middle diff you might still be able to steer proper (or near by that) and the damage to the trucks steering system is less (wasn't thougt about adding damage to vehicle by using diff locks on solid ground?)            

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  

need some kind of interface to choose between the locks, or just choose it by pressing "Q" more often..

References:

http://www.hehlhans.de/bilder/autos/g240/sperre/hebelx.jpg

http://www.hehlhans.de/bilder/autos/g240/sperre/taster.jpg

Uaz/Zil has no diff locks at all, and Kraz/Kamaz/Ural has only diff lock between rear axles. And about your benefits - in this game driving with a diff lock isn't very realistic, and about damage while in diff lock on hard surface there was even a thread... Locked now. 

I know what are you talking about, but only vehicles with 3 diff locks i know is G-class Merc, old quattros, maybe old synchros, Scania SBAT, umm maybe unimog/zetros. In game called MotorM4x there was 2 diff locks (front and rear) and as you turned on awd ''it locked a middle diff too'' They were very realistic, but doesn't gave any damage when on asphalt... But if you got powerful engine you could make very good drifts on pavement huh. 

I wish that game got terrain deformation... That would be real game, not this scratch for money...

I know when we go Off roading here in B.C we air down from 36 PSI to 15 or 13 for better traction , is this a feature that could bee implemented ? Keep up the good work Oovee and the public mod teams your are making the great game better everyday :) 

Summary:- Truck trials

Type:- New game mode
Description:- Based on real-life offroad truck meets where people take their customized offroad trucks and compete in what are basically obstacle courses, some are artifically constructed like ramps and purposefully dug mud pits, others are natural such as an already existing trail. Points are awarded for various measures, but for a simulation game such as SpinTires, the most obvious metrics would be time and damage points.
Benefits:-  Some of the trucks which are modelled as mods for SpinTires would not look out of place in such a truck meet, and it is a refreshing break from the constant mud hell doing mundane logging transport jobs that is currently in SpinTires. An obstace course already existed in an earlier pre-release version of SpinTires to demonstrate the suspension and tire physics, real-life truck meets are held to demonstrate the performance of these exact same vehicle systems.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-New maps would have to be made, which would include a significant complement of art assets, such as textures and models to give the map a fair-like atmosphere. New programming and game rules which mirror the safety restrictions of real-life events, such as not being able to drive your vehicle to certain areas. And new vehicles, with the variety of user-made material but with the quality of an official release. Oovee may be able to outsource the creation of new assets to the community, and take on the role of quality control, giving the seal of approval to a list of the best vehicles and maps, while implementing the required programming to make the game mode function.

• Like 2

Summary:- Hardcore+ Mode
Type:-  Difficulty Option/Setting

Description:- I would love to see a mode that forces you to endure the most realistic simulation possible.  Allow me to explain.  I am fully aware that this will be a "well into the future" mode if it ever comes out in the way I have in mind, but here are several things I'd like to see make up this mode:

1) Highly Customizable Loadouts - I would like to see, especially for the early game scouting, the ability to pick and choose what sort of repair items you'd like to take with you.  Maybe one, or two spare tires for your vehicle.  Perhaps a complete engine or other mechanical parts that could go bust out in the bush.  Fuel canisters that you can attach to the side of your vehicle (obviously wouldn't hold much fuel), things like this.  The idea is that spare tires for your vehicle would only work for YOUR vehicle.  I find it strange that some vehicles can load spares that count as X # of repair points.  I like the simplicity, but I'd like to see that tire on the roof only usable for replacing flat or broken tires on that truck (or any other truck using that kind of tire) only.  It opens up a lot of interesting prospects where vehicle A is stuck out in the woods with a broken down engine, so you need to perhaps load an engine onto vehicle B (which happens to be a lot smaller, so is having to haul said engine out there with a trailer).  Things like this, I think, would lead to very interesting outcomes, especially in an improved multiplayer setting, and with the other aspects mentioned below.

2) Highly Realistic Damage - I would love to see my vehicle fall off a ledge and slam into the side of a tree, perhaps breaking the front axel or bending the wheel heavily to the point where it would be immobilized until I brought a new axel/wheel out there to fix it with a different vehicle.  Maybe I swamped my vehicle so deep that I completely destroyed the engine?  Now I'd need to load up an engine compatible with that truck, onto another truck, and haul it out there, pull my truck out of the water, then set to work fixing it.  Or simply tow it back to the garage for an engine.  I could see this leading to even more strategy and thinking to decide what is the best (or most fun/challenging) path to take.  Flat tires, bent frames, gears slipping on the transmission, etc, are all things I'd love to see.

3) All Vehicles Remain On Map (Multiplayer) - I don't like the idea of my friends' vehicles disappearing when they're not using them.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'd love to have the option to turn this off.

4) More Realistic Winching - I'd love to be able to winch a vehicle to a vehicle to a vehicle, as many times as I'd like to, to create literal road trains.  I'd also like more winch points and the ability to run slack in the winch line, etc.  Anything to this nature that'd make SP and MP winching more fun and thought provoking is a huge plus in my book.
Benefits:- It would add an even more interesting and challenging dynamic, that, especially couple with multiplayer, would lead to a lot of very fun team work and exciting game play, only making the game even more engaging than it already is :)
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- This would require a lot of development time and testing to implement.  It might not be a feature used by all players, but from what I've seen Hardcore mode isn't used by a whole lot of players already as it is (if you go by Youtube videos that is).  I personally only play Hardcore mode, but I am left wanting more challenge and would welcome the hightened difficulty and realism of a more challenging mode.  I think many other players would too.
References:-  My gameplay experience thus far and my 25 years of gaming/coding experience.

• Like 3

Summary:  Randomized trucks

Type:  Map modification/Game mechanic change
Description:  Have numerous locations on each map (10+?) where various trucks might be hidden, and possibly have the types/numbers of trucks vary as well.

Benefits:  This would make exploring the map very important every time that you play, because you would have to find out what trucks are going to be available, encouraging people to attempt multiple different play-styles.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  Would have to make sure that there was an adequate selection of trucks to complete the map every time. In theory it should be possible to complete them with a minimum of two C-class trucks, but the usual selection of 5-8 trucks should be sufficient.

Summary:  Limit number of each trucks able to be spawned

Type:  Option for server settings
Description:  Limit the ability for everyone to be in the same type of truck if the single player only has one of that type. Allowing everyone to drive around in a D-537 makes most of the maps very simple to complete since 4 people can just convoy a load of short logs and complete an objective in one trip with no real risk of getting stuck.
Benefits:  Would allow for greater challenge on the same maps without requiring the full jump to hardcore mode for more casual groups. Encourages everyone to plan out strategies ahead of time and play more defined roles to complete the map.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  Not as many trucks on some maps, so allow more of the trucks for lower classes (i.e. Everyone can have their own 'jeep', but only one or two D-class trucks)

Summary:  RTS-style Fog-of-War

Type:  Game mechanic change
Description:  Rather than having just 8 cloaks scattered over the map, the entire map should start completely blacked out and only be revealed as you drive around. It would reveal the area of the map equal to what you can see before it would normally be obscured by the fog in daylight.
Benefits:  Encourages more natural exploration of the map and requires people to be more thorough than just driving to 8 pre-determined points. If you wouldn't have seen it from the truck, you shouldn't be able to see it on the map.  Possibly have an option in multiplayer Hardcore mode that would require you to either return to a garage or stop next to another player to share your map data.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  No more cloak points, means you can't get the "No Cloak Removed" achievement. 

• Like 8

Summary:  Randomized trucks

Type:  Map modification/Game mechanic change

Description:  Have numerous locations on each map (10+?) where various trucks might be hidden, and possibly have the types/numbers of trucks vary as well.

Benefits:  This would make exploring the map very important every time that you play, because you would have to find out what trucks are going to be available, encouraging people to attempt multiple different play-styles.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  Would have to make sure that there was an adequate selection of trucks to complete the map every time. In theory it should be possible to complete them with a minimum of two C-class trucks, but the usual selection of 5-8 trucks should be sufficient.

Summary:  Limit number of each trucks able to be spawned

Type:  Option for server settings

Description:  Limit the ability for everyone to be in the same type of truck if the single player only has one of that type. Allowing everyone to drive around in a D-537 makes most of the maps very simple to complete since 4 people can just convoy a load of short logs and complete an objective in one trip with no real risk of getting stuck.

Benefits:  Would allow for greater challenge on the same maps without requiring the full jump to hardcore mode for more casual groups. Encourages everyone to plan out strategies ahead of time and play more defined roles to complete the map.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  Not as many trucks on some maps, so allow more of the trucks for lower classes (i.e. Everyone can have their own 'jeep', but only one or two D-class trucks)

Summary:  RTS-style Fog-of-War

Type:  Game mechanic change

Description:  Rather than having just 8 cloaks scattered over the map, the entire map should start completely blacked out and only be revealed as you drive around. It would reveal the area of the map equal to what you can see before it would normally be obscured by the fog in daylight.

Benefits:  Encourages more natural exploration of the map and requires people to be more thorough than just driving to 8 pre-determined points. If you wouldn't have seen it from the truck, you shouldn't be able to see it on the map.  Possibly have an option in multiplayer Hardcore mode that would require you to either return to a garage or stop next to another player to share your map data.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:  No more cloak points, means you can't get the "No Cloak Removed" achievement. 

I like the first two suggestions, but don't really agree on third. I think the cloak system is quite good, it needs only more small cloakings, not few big ones huh.

• Like 1

Nice work here folks.

Just to make life a little bit easier I've listed each suggestion by author in alphabetical order in the op with links to the posts you've made for each of your suggestions.
Give me a shout if anything is broken or not listed correctly.

This should hopefully make on topic conversation within the thread a lot easier without losing your original posts.

Should soon have a poll of sorts up to see what kind of what kind of features and improvements the community would like to see.

Hopefully that'll result in more awareness in what the community is focused on within the game, help the devs to see this also and aid you guys in tailoring your suggestions to more fit what is feasible given the direction the players and developers want this game to head towards.

Thanks for your input peoples.

There is a lot of great ideas, I would love the fire map.

Summary : Lively environment

Type : Maps

Description : Add some animation on the maps, like small animals running in the forest, blocking the way or arise from the sides. Birds in the trees / sky.

Dead trees blocking the way. And why not some animation near the houses, standard vehicles of the residents, light the night, smoke out the chimney. Cars broked down on the way or abandoned in trouble.

Wind, rain, storm that stirs the trees and fall, floods.

Benefits : The environment would be more pleasant and surprising to visit.

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions : Animals would be difficult to implement.

References :

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/20mn/2013-01/2013-01-28/article_sanglier.jpg

http://instantsphoto.blogspirit.com/images/cerf1-2.jpg

http://auto.img.v4.skyrock.net/5884/35365884/pics/3204046721_1_2_LAWU7fqZ.jpg

http://s-www.lalsace.fr/images/C46B9BD3-6D95-4A79-8968-56DB7D90ADBD/ALS_03/un-arbre-en-travers-de-la-route-a-pont-l-abbe-photo-afp-damien-meyer.jpg

• Like 3

Summary:- Improved achievements
Type:- Goals
Description:- Removal or tweaks of achievements, which are unobtainable once you easily mess something up and have to restart the whole level because of it.

1)Blind Navigation - you accidentally uncloak one piece of map (some cloak points are on the narrow road and when you are trying to dodge, you are risking rolling on rooftop and unloading logs).

2)Forester - you accidentaly hit map button (on xbox controller it is right next to accelerate button and you are not able to change button assignment for it).

Benefits:- Reducing frustration and improved game feel.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- It would obviously prevent some type of achievements from being present in game. Solution would probably be ability to save/quicksave game on normal difficulty.

Posted below but it sounds almost exactly like "qchronod" posting.  Either way, leaving it so others can see that we want the game harder!

Summary  New MP mode where there is only one truck of each type.

Type General Game Play Challenge

Description  Create a Cooperative HC mode where only one of each truck is allowed.  MP is simply too easy and it isn't always necessary for players to be working cooperatively.  Limiting the trucks on the map would help increase the challenge and give everyone a specific purpose.  Cooperative Achievements could be added as well to reward people for working together.

Benefits More difficult.  Additional achievements.  Could work with existing maps and vehicles (minimal development).

Drawbacks MP games already have allot of people dropping out (especially in HC mode).  The only way this will work is if people are committed to getting the achievement and commit to the overall game at hand.

References - none 

Edited by WizzBang
  • Like 1

Summary:-  Winch owner only person allowed to operate the winch (besides disconnecting)

Type:- Winch

Description:-  I think they should remove the ability of the towed vehicle to control the winch pull.   it is so un-realisitic.  the vehicle being towed has in no way the ability to pull the winch in real life... plus the fact that the vehicle doing the towing usually ends up getting screwed over with this feature.  either that or it is just the public people that i have had the unfortunate luck to play with ,  usually they end up stranding us both by pulling the winch while im trying to drive and pull them out.  either way i love the winch and use it often.  would love to see it strech a little farther like most do in the real world. but as long as they could remove the towed vehicle from being able to control it. (they should still be able to remove winch at their will , just not pull).

Benefits:-  makes it easier to pull people out when they are not messing you up in the proccess

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:- Not sure there is a Draw back.... it would make it more realistic.

References:-    The Real World.

• Like 2

Summary:-Maps with road links to the edges .
Type:- Maps
Description:- You can join more than 1 map together to make a bigger map .
Benefits :-  Larger maps
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-  No drawbacks that I can see  .

Edited by therealsober
  • Like 3

Summary:-   Camel Trophy / Expedenture Type Mode

Type:-    The Camel Trophy was a vehicle oriented competition that was held between 1980 and 2000, and it was best known for its use of Land Rover vehicles over challenging terrain.

Description:-   They were all about adventure and exploration. These grueling tests of human endurance brought together teams from around the world in the hope of triumphing in some of the most treacherous off-road conditions imaginable. Team work and camaraderie were crucial. The competitive element came in a series of "Special Tasks," such as winching and timed driving routes, in which the national teams competed against each other.

Benefits: Teamwork, each vehicle can carry the supplies needed for the entire team to reach there destination. Truck A has Fuel, Truck B has repairs...so on and so on...

Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-   Providing long distance trails , which means bigger maps...or just longer? maps

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/9019-spintires-camel-trophy-2014/?hl=%2Bcamel+%2Btrophy

Edited by Blackwater_CA
  • Like 10

Summary:-Partial refuelling and repairs

Type:-  Vehicle 
Description:- Ability to choose how much fuel/repair points are to be used on certain vehicle. 
Benefits :-  Improvement for realism, ability to better plan your fuelling/repair schedule
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-  May be harder to implement weight physic for various load settings. Maybe to implement it in 100ltrs increments or so?
References:-  Real life

Summary:-  Smal trailer for UAZ (A-truck)

Type:-  Vehicle add-ons
Description:-  Small trailer for UAZ to have small amount of repair points and/or few canisters with gas.
Benefits :-  Would make A-truck bit more usefull as opose to just have it for world exploring.
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:-  will take some time to create & implement, as it should work properly in SP and MP
References:-  real life

Summary:- Weather-dependand mud

Type:-  Terrain physics
Description:- Mud and terrain dependant on weather conditions. F.e. drying up after a draught and less driveable after downpour
Benefits :-  improve gameplay, gives any map a different perspective (roads normally accessible are no longer possible to use or extremer mud is dry enough to drive on with heavier truck)
Drawbacks & Potential Solutions:will take some time to implement, as it should work properly in SP and MP
References:-  real life :)

Edited by Lizard Of Bodom
  • Like 7
  • Zane (Oovee) changed the title to Suggestions Mega Thread