Oovee® Games

China Village Completion Question ..

In this very nice map, there is a New Dongfeng EQ 2081 with crane, for medium logs.

Loaded It's a difficult, slow slog, through soft sand and is unstable and easy to tip over, especially from the SW log camp.

Interesting to use and perfectly doable and I completed the map with a load to the market.

But.

You don't actually need it for completion. You can complete the map purely with self loading rice cargos and don't need the EQ 2081 at all.

This makes the map a very easy simple, 6 cargo drive.

Is his intended? Why is the Dongfeng there? Why are logs not required at the market?

Edited by Trackrod_ST

@Trackrod_STHeya! When I first saw the new menu I figured that the village wants one of each item - 2 pts of rice, 2 pts of shorts logs and 1 load of medium logs. But it actually just needs 8 points in total - you need to bring 8 points and it's up to you to decide which required cargo to bring. You can finish the map by delivering any combination of the accepted cargoes:
2 x 4 medium logs
4 x 2 bags of rice
4 x 2 short logs
2 x 2 rice + 2 x 2 short logs

The DongFeng is there to allow you to finish the map with two loads of medium logs. And another 2 x 2 bags of rice for Chen Export and you're done.
Right? No?

Yes, but in Hardcore you should have to use the crane at some point, or what's the point of it?

You can complete this map with 3 round trips of Rice, making most of it unused.

It would be better if you had to supply the market with the individual requirements, making this beautiful map better utilised.

I don't like this idea, players always had freedom to deliver whatever they wanted - 4x2 short logs, 2x4 medium logs, or 6 + 2 long and short logs. The player would make that decision based on the trucks that they chose to start the mission with and the difficulty of the terrain. For example after attempting twice to deliver medium logs with the DongFend and having it sink exactly like the Ural in the lake in 1.6.1 I gave up. (it sank all the way to the logs and even the trailer sank!).  After this nonsence I installed the flatbed and took a load of short logs which made the truck more maneuverable and I skirted around the mud and sucessfully got to the village.
If this nonsence was forced upon me - having to make a delivery with a heavy truck without CTIS through super soft and super deep mud - I would rage!

I am against any limitations placed upon the player. This game's motto is "find your own way" - if you want you can finish the map by just delivering rice, or if you want a challenge you can try delivering two loads of medium logs. I say, this is freedom, not poor level design. There's an easier way and there's a harder way. Player's choice.

Fair enough. That would be OK in Casual, but for Hardcore I need to have to work to enjoy it.

I only ever play Hardcore and this is the first map ever that can be completed in Hardcore using auto loading.

Med delivered from both camps. Difficult, but not too difficult.

20201216094101_1.jpg

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Like 1

The SW camp is hard, so try the NW one which is much easier.

Keep the power very low to prevent break through, but if you do then low power will keep you going.

Read the road ahead, but if you start going over, then make an early decision to use the crane for balance.

Take it slowly and don't loose it when it goes to Rat turd.

20201216093146_1.jpg

20201216092649_1.jpg

20201216170700_1.jpg

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Fair enough. That would be OK in Casual, but for Hardcore I need to have to work to enjoy it.

I only ever play Hardcore and this is the first map ever that can be completed in Hardcore using auto loading.

Med delivered from both camps. Difficult, but not too difficult.

I guess there wasn't a good way to handle manual rice bag loading, but I agree hardcore (which I also play exclusively) should require manual loading.  I think the rice bags could also play a different role than be just another form of log points.  Oovee should do more with this, where specific cargo is required to complete specific objectives (like what SR has).

I'm still exploring this map but so far I like it a lot.  It's very hardcore with my mud settings, almost too much.  But I wouldn't want easier mud/sand.  Just maybe more places with firm ground to drive on.

AARGH! That's it! I'm done!  I've made 10 attemps to deliver medium logs from the SW camp and I can't even get through the first puddle. I'm going at minimal speed keeping the truck perfectly level and the rear of the truck just sinks through the mud and gets stuck. I'm pretty sure that there is some collision problem there at the end of the arm. Did you guys see what I reported on Discord today? The trailer comes with a duplicate hitch and part of the chassis. My guess is that those parts have collisions - as soon as the rear sinks it drives the arm into the ground and that's it - the collision prevents you from going forward.

I don't know how you did it Trackrod, but I'm leaving this hunk of junk here and I'm walking back to the village. I need a shot of baijiu after this nonsence, maybe two.
Just look at this....it's sunk all the way to the logs...no CTIS, minimal yield strength, super deep mud and probably some collision thing.....I'm done. (angrily kicks the truck's front wheel)
screenshot6.thumb.png.e5e96784c107e46f00361b1660bdb7d2.png

@Truckwolf

I ran the NW (moderate) and SW (hard), routes again, this time in daylight to get pictures, just to make sure I wasn't talking out my hole and both times were successful.

Quite a bit of winching is required, mostly from the trailer, which is particularly unstable.

I've got about 25 hrs in these 2 maps and I havn't lost one so far, but the SW route is a close thing. 😬

20201221194859_1.jpg

20201221200125_1.jpg

20201221200204_1.jpg

20201221200217_1.jpg

20201221200227_1.jpg

20201221200249_1.jpg

20201221200332_1.jpg

20201221200422_1.jpg

20201221200510_1.jpg

20201221183120_1.jpg

Edited by Trackrod_ST

Sigh*....I did it first try this morning. Yes difflock, no winching. The trick is to keep your left wheels just on the edge of the water, if you let them fall in the water the truck tilts and the pressure becomes too much - the front wheels turn into a blade that punches through the mud. As for the rear wheels it's the same thing as the lake - if you lose speed and stop in the water - you sink.

Oh, pheeew! Well I actually really like it now, it was quite the frustrating challenge, but very satisfying once you do it. I also took the DongFeng to the lake on Coast - it took 260 points of damage and almost sank, but it managed to pull itself out and reach the other side of the lake. A proof that a heavy truck with medium logs and without CTIS can cross the lake.  Nice! I have to try the Ural again without deflating the tires.

I took the screenshot just as the truck was climbing out of the hole:
screenshot7.thumb.png.f43d0cf1e2b7259e81cefcae6f0bf956.png

• Like 1