Oovee® Games

[v1.6.2] Truck Winching Bug

When two trucks are winched together, the tires, truck body, and trailer (if one is attached) begin spinning through themselves. They will continue to do so until the trucks are completely damaged and will pass through trees, destroying them and causing them to also do the same spinning through themselves.

Video: https://youtu.be/_naBmrCrPOs

I could not force this bug to happen after several attempts of winching two trucks together. It might be random, but it did happen twice in a single play session, causing me to have to restart the map. Exiting the game does not make it stop, nor does exiting to the menu. In the background of the video, you can see the other truck (a B-131) with its flipped over trailer that was also doing the same as the C-6520 until it stopped. This video was recorded on the river map in hardcore mode in singleplayer. 

Feel free to reach out to me for any more information.

Wow, that's messed up!  I haven't seen this before.  To those that it happens to, it would be useful to describe to Oovee on how to reproduce this.  I winch trucks a lot and I haven't seen this, though I've seen other issues (fps drop and winched truck pulling away instead of going toward the player vehicle if it's facing the other way).

Hello.

I found out that I can reliably reproduce this bug when I change the wheels on the vehicle I want to tow with the winch. If I change the wheels on the vehicle that does the towing, the issue doesn't occur. However, if I do that, I can't tow that vehicle either.

The bug also appears when the wheels are changed back to standard.

Oh, and when I quit the game with the bug still 'happening' and then resumed the game, something else happened. The weird movement of the vehicles stopped, I spawned another vehicle and attached the winch to one of the 'bugged' vehicles (it stuck partially in the ground). The game freezed after that with the sound still going (I had to exit the game via Task Manager).