Oovee® Games

9 hours ago, Bazileka said:

Разработчики обновляют игру не так, как хочется игрокам. Прислушайтесь к игрокам. 

Игроки сами не знают, чего они хотят. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Halloween! v1.6.2 has now been pushed to Steam, improving the overall stability and addressing many bugs and glitches. We are continuing to resolve any further issues which will be addressed in

Trying out version 1.6.2. new mud, using Zil 130, up my favourite test hill, without diff lock. It doesn't have this feature in the real life truck..

Я буду плакать от счастья!

Posted Images

13 часов назад Алекс Кэмерон сказал:

Игроки сами не знают, чего они хотят. 

Ну почему же?) Вот мне не нравится, как стали ездить машины. По дороге камаз летит в гору, как будто с горы, слышен визг резины на грунте на поворотах, в грязи вообще стало ездить как-то утомительно (то есть скучно, можно уснуть) Как-то раньше (в предыдущих версиях) было интереснее. Ну это лично мне. Цепляешь лебёдкой другую машину - и случается вообще жёсткий баг с разбором рамы / кузова и переворотами с провалами в текстуры. Что за фигня ?? Столько лет игре такого не было. Хотелось бы новых текстур, более современной графики и эффектов, достойный вид из кабины, новых объектов на картах и в редакторе, новых режимов и грузов, более реалистичной модели повреждений (до сих пор бревна трещинами покрываются при ударе), пробитие колеса ( если подкачку внедрили, то почему бы не сделать пробитие?), исчезновение запасных частей и колёс после использования, например, как в MR. И ещё в этом роде. Зачем портить то, что было хорошо? Играть стало легче, и это не есть хорошо. Ну вот, как-то так ... 

Edited by Bazileka

Hello!

Adjusting Tyre deflation:  I take back what I said about RimRadius - it still works, I was trying it on Kraz-255's tyres and they just need a slightly higher value now to make them deform less. Currently I've set it to "0.48" for kraz_front.

Blipping the throttle:  Is that the proper term for the trick with the shifter stick? And this is realistic? Because I just right-clicked my Zil-157KD up a muddy hill it otherwise had no hope of climbing.  I like it a lot, but I wonder how realistic it is.

Uncapped wheel spin speed: I was driving my Zil-157 that has no difflocks. Everytime a wheel loses traction and starts spinning it reaches a very high speed and start splashing mud all the way to the roof. Even at minimal speed (shifter stick maybe 2 pixels into 1st gear) And I am seeing the 'hot' effect playing much more often.  So for the higher gears it's okay, but 1st is a little too fast?

PushRessistance and trailers: I too lowered the value down to "0.36" and SubstanceFriction to "1.0". Unster's "0.4" is a little too much for my diffless 157's (KD and b157).  I towed a trailer slowly and steady from one corner of  <Новая Земля>* to the other - it only took an hour.... but otherwise wasn't unusually difficult to pull.  (*Novaya Zemlya is a map that is entirely mud)
So what's the verdict on cart trailers? They're supposed to be difficult to pull through mud, but maybe not that much as "1.0" PushRessistance?

Nigh daystate: I also tweaked it some time ago. I brought the Moon back and painted the orange sky dark greenish-blue. And I rebalanced the highlights, midtones and shadows in the <Ambient string.  Parts of the truck that had to be the darkest were actually the brightest, and parts which should shine under the moonlight were dark. (also the ground was brightly lit, but the truck was dark)   So I changed it like so:

<Ambient NegY="g(115; 115; 115) x 0.6" MidY="g(78; 84; 111) x 0.7" PosY="g(111; 126; 159) x 0.4" />

It's darker, but not as dark as PL's RealMod. I actually think I might increase it a little, it's a bit straining on the old eyes.

NightToDay daystate: The changelog states that there are changes in it, but I can't see any. I even compared screenshots...I just can't see any difference. Has anyone noticed any changes?

Legacy maps:  After seeing Trackrod's video I decided to also try his favourite hill. Maan, how the heck did you do it....and with the old zil-130 at that. I have the new one, bigger tires, better SurfaceFriction, normalised suspension and I still couldn't go up that hill. Had to skirt over to the side on the right through the grass.
But there's something else about the original maps. That road up the hill is super choppy. Like there're small invisible bumps on the ground. And then I followed the road behind the garage and attempted to cross the river to reach the kraz-255.  As soon as my Uaz reached the mud it tilted and rolled over in the flat mud.  I moved the free camera underneath and what do I see? More than a meter depth to the bottom!  Then I tried with gaz-66 and it almost sank to the doors!   The old maps could use some polishing indeed.

Winch bug confirmed:  On Discord Zane has confirmed the winch bug. Apparently it's not isolated to the winch, it's related to the "default state resetting" (as PL put it). The same bug is causing trucks to explode, log carts to unfold themselves and medium logs to jump off log carts  (or the log cart to spazz under the logs and detach) upon loading the game.
Nasty stuff.

DifflockDamage sensitivity: Is it just me or has the difflock damage sensitivity been decreased?
I just barelled down a dry hill with C-6522 with locked difflocks and not even the white padlock icons appeared.  The road was hard, no mud, the speed was rather fast (stick was in 1st gear) - yet there was no stress on the difflocks.

Another point about Gaz-69A's wheels: Some time ago in the 'Working on the fixes' thread I reported that three of Gaz-69A's wheelsets broke. They are very old wheels from Spintires LevelUp and now in 1.6.x they completely mess the hardpoints, lift the truck up and down when you turn them left and right, and the game doesn't even recognise them as attached - hence the negative 2 million fuel consumption.
I've since removed them and replaced them with other wheelsets from other Gaz-69 mods. And everything worked okay in 1.6.1, but now in 1.6.2 another two wheelsets started acting strange. Upon swtching to them the truck sank in the mud instantly. I examined the xml files
One of them "BFG_wheel" - had old friction_numeric values. I removed them, but that didn't help.
The other one are tractor wheels "m9mdejb" and "m9mde37" - they were set to Mass="Light". I've changed it to Medium, but that didn't help either. (nor heavy, nor adjusting friction, nothing)
I'll search through my collection for other wheelsets that have either become broken or unusable.
(click to enlarge)
gaz-69_wheels.thumb.png.b31b4110cb0106f74e8e8abceb56953c.png

Edited by Truckwolf
18 minutes ago, Trackrod_ST said:

I've got some answers for you, but I'm not ready yet.

Oh! Please! Take your time!  I'm always happy to hear from you! I've learned so much from you! Thank you for all the help with B-80!  We should research more stuff together...like do Kamaz-6520 and 6522 have CTIS?

Edited by Truckwolf
On 11/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, Truckwolf said:

Hello!

Uncapped wheel spin speed: I was driving my Zil-157 that has no difflocks. Everytime a wheel loses traction and starts spinning it reaches a very high speed and start splashing mud all the way to the roof. Even at minimal speed (shifter stick maybe 2 pixels into 1st gear) And I am seeing the 'hot' effect playing much more often.  So for the higher gears it's okay, but 1st is a little too fast?

Legacy maps:  After seeing Trackrod's video I decided to also try his favourite hill. Maan, how the heck did you do it....and with the old zil-130 at that. I have the new one, bigger tires, better SurfaceFriction, normalised suspension and I still couldn't go up that hill. Had to skirt over to the side on the right through the grass.
But there's something else about the original maps. That road up the hill is super choppy. Like there're small invisible bumps on the ground. And then I followed the road behind the garage and attempted to cross the river to reach the kraz-255.  As soon as my Uaz reached the mud it tilted and rolled over in the flat mud.  I moved the free camera underneath and what do I see? More than a meter depth to the bottom!  Then I tried with gaz-66 and it almost sank to the doors!   The old maps could use some polishing indeed.

DifflockDamage sensitivity: Is it just me or has the difflock damage sensitivity been decreased?
I just barelled down a dry hill with C-6522 with locked difflocks and not even the white padlock icons appeared.  The road was hard, no mud, the speed was rather fast (stick was in 1st gear) - yet there was no stress on the difflocks.

Real life.

The 157 has no DL, but it does have locked axles when in 6 WD. The diffs will all revolve at the same speed.

This means that if one wheel is spinning, there must be at least 1 wheel spinning on each axle, when the vehicle is stationary. All wheels can be revolving  at different speeds to each other, when either stationary or moving, from zero revs, to a maximum of 2 times the rev of the diff. In 1st gear, with the diff revolving at 30 rpm, the max a wheel can revolve is 60 rpm with the opposite wheel stationary.

None of this is modelled in game, where one wheel can spin up as if the truck has diffs between the axles. (as Pavel intended), for game play reasons.

The B 130 is the only truck in game that has a realistic diff action,(no lock of course), so it's satisfying to use.

I ran, The hill, garage to camp and back to objective, without lock or winching, so you should be able to do it, (no alterations to game or truck, of course). This was not possible back in Pavel days.

TBC.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Thanks 1
On 11/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, Trackrod_ST said:

None of this is modelled in game, where one wheel can spin up as if the truck has diffs between the axles. (as Pavel intended), for game play reasons.

The B 130 is the only truck in game that has a realistic diff action,(no lock of course), so it's satisfying to use.

Actually it's the other way with AWD.  It works incorrectly starting in 1.6.x where one wheel can spin up.  Previously, including in Pavel's versions, at least one wheel would be spinning on each driven axle.

As to diff behavior, I haven't observed any difference between different trucks.  In 1.6.x the diffs are more open than before.  I like that as it's more realistic, except perhaps the high speed of the one wheel spinning.