Oovee® Games

Happy Halloween! v1.6.2 has now been pushed to Steam, improving the overall stability and addressing many bugs and glitches. We are continuing to resolve any further issues which will be addressed in forthcoming updates. 

Added / New
- Customizable brake strength (<Truck>/<Wheels>/<Wheel>/BrakeTorque in N.m).
This defaults to 3x engine torque/number of wheels.

Improvements
- Mud balance tweaks. It's easier now.
- Russian translation (Thanks Oldman777).
- Torque repartition is now less punitive when the differential is unlocked.
- multiplayer ghost truck visuals.
- Camera manageability on capsized vehicles.
- UI text is now ellipsized if too big.
- Rain happens less often.
- C509 collision boxes optimization.
- On skid steering vehicles (ie: Sherp N) steering brake strength is now dynamically adjusted to match a target steering speed, instead of player input directly controlling brake pressure.
- Tweaks to the Night DayTimeState.
- Gamepad and Steering wheel accelerator and brake responses.

Mud balance tweaks
- Less punishing road tires.
- Less grip for offroad tires.
- Overall less drag.

Fixes
- Logs not spawning at log kiosks or when capsizing.
- Several causes of wheels vibrating or moving by themselves when touching mud.
- Curbed down the advantage of very heavy wheels in mud.
- Garage and fuel station menus were briefly displayed at the wrong position.
- Bug causing jagged movement of remote vehicles and trailers in multiplayer.
- Vehicles spawning inside each other and stuck there in multiplayer.
- K700 and Ark Sherp can now autosteer toward the vehicle that tows them.
- Some crash when removing winch.
- Vehicles flipping forward too easily when braking sharply at medium and high speeds.
- Tire inflation keybinds not always appearing in controls menu.
- Damaged engine spark effect playing too often, increasing with framerate.
- Handbrake could prevent wheels from steering.
- Suspension creaking way too often on the e167.
- In side camera mode, pressing 1 or 2 could switch presets in the wrong order on the first move.
- Distorted rims when deflating c255, b66, or b131 tires.
- Ark Sherp driver's hands now stick to the steering columns when steering.
- B80 tire were not getting muddy.
- "Drop load" button not drop trailer loads.
- Crash when processing empty text.
- Random crash when applying settings from the main menu.
- Incorrect detection of mud height around a wheel.
- Sherp N's right side wheels had different settings as the left side ones.
- Auto gearbox sometimes failing to switch between forward and reverse gears.
- B66 spare wheel was flipped
- Reduced the brightness of the muddy water

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Halloween! v1.6.2 has now been pushed to Steam, improving the overall stability and addressing many bugs and glitches. We are continuing to resolve any further issues which will be addressed in

Trying out version 1.6.2. new mud, using Zil 130, up my favourite test hill, without diff lock. It doesn't have this feature in the real life truck..

Я буду плакать от счастья!

Posted Images

Finally a decent update, though I still don't understand why it took nearly 3 months to fix the log spawning.  It should have a been a quick hotfix while work on other issues continued.

The mud is definitely easier now.  That was clearly accomplished by reducing the tendency of trucks to sink.  It's essentially impossible now to get stuck with AWD & diff lock, especially with deflated tires which are still ugly and somewhat OP in the mud.  I don't really like that.  There doesn't appear to be any downside to having deflated tires.  Even rolling resistance on hard ground hardly changes.  Deflated tires should be flatter, rather than be like soft inflated balloons.

AWD without diff lock still works incorrectly.  All wheels act like they're connected to one open differential.  If one wheel is in the air or has poor traction, only that wheel spins.

But hey, at least the game is now playable, for those who are still into it.

Edited by Unster
typo

That's some great news. Tanks, @Zane (Oovee) and @Localhost (Oovee)! It is smoother gameplay all the way, to be sure. And it is also great to know that there are updates down the pipe. I think this is solid foundation for an upcoming changes and fixes. Personally, I would love to see differential mechanics expanded, but that is somewhat whishful thinking right now. Good to see progress, I am happy with introduced changes and can't wait for next ones. 

6 hours ago, Maxtron220 said:

Honestly I was testing the new update!, But it is a fiasco, the performance is now very bad!, Low a lot, what have they done?, The Fps dropped relatively!

I like it!

It is no doubt easier, but I think it will appeal to a wider audience, especially those that couldn't manage to get off the fourcourt in 1.6.1.

@Truckwolf

I tried your lake route with a Ural medium and managed to get across for the first time, with hard tyres, then back again with reduced air, which I think made it easier.

Frame rates on Coast were about 80 to 105. River 100/120. Chernobyl 70/120.

I've only put in about 30 min, so I'll try some more of my Update go too's.

Looking good so far.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
Added info.
  • Like 1
By God ...!, If I improve!?, With me he got frustrated ... I'm bad, I don't know, Delete any cache folder that the game has, Layers is solved, Not even lowering the graph to the maximum speed up

Edited by Maxtron220
12 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

The Hill has become more difficult.

That's strange because overall the mud is easier in 1.6.2.  The problem is mostly with the map itself (and other legacy maps).  These maps have too much mud.  I don't mean too deep but in too many places.  There's very little solid ground.  The newer DLC maps are better in terrain variety.

I'm actually starting to like this build, particularly because the mud is now tweak-able in a way that it can be made close to realistic with a simple change in media.xml.  I find 1.3 for substance friction to be close to reality.  Of course that makes maps like the Hill even more of a PITA (not necessarily in a bad way) but it's not easy with the default value either.  Some added pavement & hard ground, not easier mud, would make these legacy maps more playable.  But I wouldn't consider that a high priority.  I'd rather play new maps.

AWD still needs fixing and tire deflation is ugly, but I just don't use them (I only use AWD with diff lock where it works fine).

I've also noticed that with the latest patch the trailers seem to slow down the trucks more than expected. Some, like the medium log cart even have wheels skipping across the mud (on dry mud and pavement it's fine) as if they had brakes on just enough to stop the wheels unless they have full traction. It's a subtle effect and it's not always there, but I definitely didn't notice this before.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Unster said:

That's strange because overall the mud is easier in 1.6.2.  The problem is mostly with the map itself (and other legacy maps).  These maps have too much mud.  I don't mean too deep but in too many places.  There's very little solid ground.  The newer DLC maps are better in terrain variety.

I'm actually starting to like this build, particularly because the mud is now tweak-able in a way that it can be made close to realistic with a simple change in media.xml.  I find 1.3 for substance friction to be close to reality.  Of course that makes maps like the Hill even more of a PITA (not necessarily in a bad way) but it's not easy with the default value either.  Some added pavement & hard ground, not easier mud, would make these legacy maps more playable.  But I wouldn't consider that a high priority.  I'd rather play new maps.

AWD still needs fixing and tire deflation is ugly, but I just don't use them (I only use AWD with diff lock where it works fine).

The mud, as stated in the update, is undoubtedly easier, which should please a lot of people.

The Hill was a bit of a surprise, but it's not a problem

Non diff lock drive and tyre deflation are now more useful.

Everything is running smoothly at about 90 - 120 frames.

No probs so far, but then I had none in 1.6.1, which I also enjoyed.

2 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Non diff lock drive and tyre deflation are now more useful.

I didn't play 1.6.1 much but I've noticed in 1.6.2 the diffs are more open when not locked, compared to older versions.  I actually like that as it's more realistic, but that certainly wouldn't be more useful as far as difficulty goes.

5 hours ago, XenoRad said:

Some, like the medium log cart even have wheels skipping across the mud (on dry mud and pavement it's fine) as if they had brakes on just enough to stop the wheels unless they have full traction

That's an old issue and it may be visual only.  I see it in SR & MR as well where the non-driven wheels rotate slower in mud.

Edited by Unster
1 hour ago, oldman777 said:

This is better than it was, still very slow moving through the mud. I mean casual mode.

I agree but it's not because the mud is too difficult (I don't think it is), but because there's too much of it.  The old maps are basically one big mud pit.  Some more hard dirt trails and paved roads would fix that and add some variety.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Unster said:

I agree but it's not because the mud is too difficult (I don't think it is), but because there's too much of it.  The old maps are basically one big mud pit.  Some more hard dirt trails and paved roads would fix that and add some variety.

I agree. However, I think I know the anwser for it. Older maps usually are following circular layout with a lot of mud to conceal fact, that they are actually pretty small. Some even have very dubious design, when some architecture is included. Some blocks and oval road around. While driving, it doesn't feel too bad, but on map it isn't really looking great. "Coast" and "The River" are best examples, although circular pattern is clearly visible in "The Bog" or "The Hill" also. I guess only way to extend the playtime was put road around this 1x1 km square and put a lot of mud to slow down progress and to give some challenge. It may be not a bad decision, considering map size limitation, but latest DLC maps are certainly more varied and interesting, even if also somewhat compressed. I guess real solution here would be just to be able to create much bigger maps, with more true-to-life villages and towns, and of course improved roadmap - as roads usually connect settlements and points of interest in most logical way. On bigger maps there would be more room for variation, log-paved roads, tarmac, dirt roads, shortcuts and difficult bits as well. And more use for road tyres to be sure! I don't know how hard is to implement bigger maps in this engine though. For sure, map size, as well as draw distance or skyboxes were somewhat limited due to performance of computers years back. Nowadays I think though bigger maps could be beneficial, as our computers are faster and more capable. I hope, if engine permits it, we will see some improvements here as well.

These are not old map. I tried to drive ZIL 131 (keybord, casual) to the Canyons and it moves like a turtle.

About the old maps. I have a collection of converted awesome old maps. Fifty pieces and most are better in the game of the default ones and I'm not ready to give them up. If you want to fundamentally change something in the game, then do it with backward compatibility with all DLС. If this is not possible, leave the game alone and release Spintires® 2.

I also play Railworks and since game release, all DLS are compatible for 10 years and continue to come out. But for two years now, along with this there is a new game with improved graphics and the rest of the TSW.

Edited by oldman777

In this version, another brighter headlight appeared - "HeadLightRayModern" for C-4310. I tried applying a new, brighter light to the rest of the trucks by editing the "_templates/trucks" and it didn't work. Can someone suggest a solution for minimal changes?

@oldman777Hello, friend!  So, you want to give the modern headlight and headlightray to every truck?  Well, you can't exactly do it just by editing templates, you'll still have to adjust every truck's xml file to give them the modern light ray.

Here's the simple and short overview of what you have to do:
1. Open the truck's xml file
2. Change "HeadlightRay" to "
HeadLightRayModern"
3. Change
HeadLight _template="Default"  to "Modern"
4. Save and you're done!

If you want to globally change every Default headlight to Modern headlight - open templates trucks and swap 
<HeadLight>   <Default  and <Modern
However you can't do the same with the headlight ray as it's has a unique mesh.  Well, you could rename the mesh files if you must, or edit them and point them to the different env textures.

Here's a couple of pictures that go into greater detail.

Screenshot#1: Edit the truck's xml file like so:
58599839_editingheadlight1.png.f477ebec486d4af5de4c746077492ff0.png

Screenshot#2: You can also swap these if you just want the modern headlights on all trucks.
Capture1.png.a2c4d9d18b15c095f0abbc458f9fba70.png

Screenshot#3: Modern headlight rays with default headlight.
headlighraymodern.thumb.png.979c79b136ee94e8698a22f88b82c76c.png

Screenshot#4: Modern headlight rays + modern headlights.

modern+modern.png

Edited by Truckwolf
Replaced screenshot#2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Truckwolf said:

Screenshot#2: You can also swap these if you just want the modern headlights on all trucks.
Capture1.png.a2c4d9d18b15c095f0abbc458f9fba70.png

headlighraymodern.thumb.png.979c79b136ee94e8698a22f88b82c76c.png

Screenshot#4: Modern headlight rays + modern headlights.

modern+modern.png

This option changes the color of the headlights only, but not the brightness. In previous versions in _templates file it was possible to change both brightness and color for all trucks. Now there is no such solution, need to change both _templates and truck files. As I expected.