Oovee® Games

Game protection issues - no rocks, no logs and maybe something is not yet, 1.6.1

I have already written repeatedly that who does not have paid DLС, then the rocks are not on the Canyons map. Now I very rarely start the game and only use the casual mode, so I don’t know how many more issues associated with protection. Found also that the kiosk cannot to create medium and long logs. I think these two issues have existed for about a year, since the advent of paid DLC. I tested it all on the pirated, cracked game version and it all works with no issues.

It turns out that the protection works only for honest people who paid for the game.

Edited by oldman777
  • Thanks 1

Hello again! You've said that copy-pasting all of the dlc_rock files fixes the missing rocks.  Could you try copy-pasting all of the ural_longlog and ural_logmedium files and see if that gets them to appear? The class files obviously don't require them, but maybe Steam does. There's also models_urallogkiosk_1.  It's a long shot.

I am sorry, I didn't quite understand that. Could you repeat it again in russian, please? I'll translate it later in english for other people. Did you manage to get the long and medium logs to spawn?  What do you mean meshes in the old format - separated .x and .xml files? (некэшированные?)

Edited by Truckwolf
9 hours ago, oldman777 said:

Found also that the kiosk cannot to create medium and long logs. I think these two issues have existed for about a year, since the advent of paid DLC.

Wow, really?  I thought the log spawn issue started with the Sherp DLC, for those who don't have it.  I remember you complaining about the missing rocks, but not the logs.

9 minutes ago, Truckwolf said:

The mesh files "models_ural_longlog" and "models_ural_logmedium", right?
Not the default "models_log_long_a" and "models_log_medium_a"?

Could you please tell me how did you seperate the mesh file into .x and .xml?

I don't know how to seperate the mesh file. I had an old The Pit DLC and I took meshes from there.

9 minutes ago, Unster said:

Wow, really?  I thought the log spawn issue started with the Sherp DLC, for those who don't have it.  I remember you complaining about the missing rocks, but not the logs.

I already wrote that I almost don't play now and don't follow various threads. There are probably a dozen more protection related bugs.

37 minutes ago, oldman777 said:

I already wrote that I almost don't play now and don't follow various threads. There are probably a dozen more protection related bugs.

Well, they finally put in your Russian translation, if that helps.

So you took the dlc_rock_01,02,03 as separated mesh files from «The Pit» and that fixed the missing rocks in Canyons. 
Your're an absolute genius!

But what about the missing logs?  So just pasting the files from the Sherp DLC won't work.  We'll have to find long and medium logs with separated mesh files, rename them, and we're good?

Edited by Truckwolf

It's ridiculous that any user has to figure out how to fix the missing logs.  If this game isn't dead, why isn't it fixed after months of being broken?  And if the game is dead, then I don't see the point of even playing it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

Well, they finally put in your Russian translation, if that helps.

Where does this information come from?

In version 1.6.1, the Russian translation from December last year, although the last time I updated it after the release of SHERP.

2 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

So you took the dlc_rock_01,02,03 as separated mesh files from «The Pit» and that fixed the missing rocks in Canyons. 
Your're an absolute genious!

But what about the missing logs?  So just pasting the files from the Sherp DLC won't work.  We'll have to find long and medium logs with separated mesh files, rename them, and we're good?

I do not know what to do the missing logs.

• oldman777 changed the title to Game protection issues - no rocks, no logs and maybe something is not yet, 1.6.1

Zane said that he will add your strings to 1.6.2 (LINK)

Do you know where we can find separated mesh files for the logs? I looked at 16.01.2015 - it's has .xml files, but not .x. files and it didn't work.
What comes before 16.01.2015? I don't have any 2014 versions.

13 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

Your're an absolute genius!

By the way, I forgot to warn you that the textures of the rocks on the default maps of Canyons and Chernobyl are reduced 5 times and of disgusting quality. It is necessary to copy these textures to the appropriate archives, with the replacement of files.
If they have already been copied from you in a different format and normal resolution to the Media folder for the reason described above, they will still be rendered in low quality from the Canyons archive.
In general, I advise everyone who has not done this yet, and then compare, before and after, at close range.

Сopy these textures to CanyonsDLC.zip and ChernobylDLC.zip archives, with the replacement of files.

https://sharemods.com/yhpyz9nf4xx4/models_dlc_rocks.7z.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help, Oldman! Now people will know how to fix those issues.  In theory, the same solution should fix the missing logs issue.
But hopefully 1.6.2. won't be long now and this dreadful thing will be fixed in it.