Oovee® Games

Why? Simple really.

I was willing to move all downloads over to my site. Got a minimal generic response but never heard back. It has always been that way with this publisher. I guess Mudrunner is where its at. Seems Pavel was correct in his assessment wasn't he...

• Like 1

Consider this game abandoned until we see evidence to the contrary.  Leaving a critical functionality bug like the missing medium and long logs unfixed for over a month is unheard of in the game industry, except in cases where the project was abandoned.

Oovee is not in a good financial situation so that's probably the reason.  This is public information.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Eversman said:

New look of the forum 🤨

what’s going on here?

Forum software update I suppose.  It doesn't mean anything as far as the status of the game goes.

On 9/7/2020 at 6:40 AM, THE_DRIFTER said:

I guess Mudrunner is where its at. Seems Pavel was correct in his assessment wasn't he...

That's uncalled for. Spintires saw a great comeback in the recent time with many updates none of us had to pay extra for, while Mudrunner was abandoned very very quickly and Snowrunner became a new product (with new payment) on Epic (which is a problem).

Yes, not all is well here, but hey, it is 2020, many things aren't exactly optimal. But I really expect that the problems will be addressed, unless everyone decides to move elsewhere and/or drive away the developer.

Edited by ThomasAH
22 hours ago, Unster said:

Forum software update I suppose.  It doesn't mean anything as far as the status of the game goes.

It means that whoever works on or pays for the forum thinks that it Spintires will be around long enough to make such an update worthwhile. You don't put new tires on a car that you will abandon soon.

1 hour ago, ThomasAH said:

It means that whoever works on or pays for the forum thinks that it Spintires will be around long enough to make such an update worthwhile. You don't put new tires on a car that you will abandon soon.

I really wouldn't read too much into the forum software update.  For all we know it could be a free update for already purchased software, or a change in the settings.  That time could have been better spent by posting an informational update to the community.

MR wasn't abandoned.  It's a finished product that saw many updates after release.  The definition of abandoned when it comes to games is leaving the product unfinished or in a poor state, which is the case with ST.  It's been unplayable for over a month now.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

That's uncalled for. Spintires saw a great comeback in the recent time with many updates none of us had to pay extra for, while Mudrunner was abandoned very very quickly and Snowrunner became a new product (with new payment) on Epic (which is a problem).

Yes, not all is well here, but hey, it is 2020, many things aren't exactly optimal. But I really expect that the problems will be addressed, unless everyone decides to move elsewhere and/or drive away the developer.

Lets break this down a bit. A great comeback? Where might that be? Is there a functional and working editor? Is there workshop support? There is an entire laundry list of issues with this game that have driven most of the old players and modders away.

Mudrunner has not been abandoned in any fashion. The forums there stay active. The game moves forward albeit with issues that are addressed even if it takes time. They are like every single game / publisher these days with their dlc's and such. I am not a fan of that model at all but that's today's publishers it seems.

2020, meh, just another year. Been on this rock for a very long time. Things come and go. No point in going on for hours about how the world has changed; even when it is actually business as usual. I am pretty sure no one is driving the developer away. If I or we did not believe and hope for the progression of the game we would not bother being here or posting anything. There was a post, seems you missed that, at the very beginning of this thread. It referenced myself / others that were willing to help out. Willing to try and preserve files and downloads, etc that are not on the workshop and therefore may be lost forever.

Thomas, I don't need your approval to speak my mind. Sometimes I can be wrong but in this case I am not seeing evidence of that. I guess that brings us to the point we each have our opinions however it does seem we both hope for this game to improve and move forward. Have a great day!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, THE_DRIFTER said:

I guess that brings us to the point we each have our opinions however it does seem we both hope for this game to improve and move forward. Have a great day!

I could comment on the other parts of your post, but I just wanted to share my different opinion here (which I already did), so I'll just say that I fully agree with your last sentence :)

Have a great day, too!

17 hours ago, Unster said:

MR wasn't abandoned.  It's a finished product that saw many updates after release.  The definition of abandoned when it comes to games is leaving the product..... without further updating......  It's been unplayable for over a month now. (Not for me (Trackrod_ST) it hasn't)

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Like 1

@Trackrod_STEven if you put aside the traction problem, how do you spawn long and medium logs?  You can't.  And users have reported the game crashes when using the advanced menu, though I haven't tried (I have no reason to play the game further with these issues).  So yeah, I'd call that unplayable.  Sure you can still drive a truck around, but the core functionality is broken.

18 hours ago, Unster said:

@Trackrod_STEven if you put aside the traction problem, how do you spawn long and medium logs?  You can't.  And users have reported the game crashes when using the advanced menu, though I haven't tried (I have no reason to play the game further with these issues).  So yeah, I'd call that unplayable.  Sure you can still drive a truck around, but the core functionality is broken.

To spawn logs, you have to do something about it. I know you shouldn't have to, but buy SHERP and they will appear.

For the people with game crashes, I would say it's probably un playable, but my game is completely stable and therefore perfectly playable. I never get crashes.

As for the mud, I have no problem with it, but I can see, new players might be miffed, when slowed down by it, especially if they are use to using Snudrunner previously.

I might have already posted this vid, but does it look un-playable?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
20 hours ago, Eversman said:

Too expensive for a broken game

My thoughts exactly.  I wouldn't get this game even if it was free in this condition (well I might, but then uninstall it).  I'd much rather pay more for a quality product than little to nothing for a broken product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/13/2020 at 4:49 AM, Trackrod_ST said:

As for the mud, I have no problem with it, but I can see, new players might be miffed, when slowed down by it, especially if they are use to using Snudrunner previously.

SR is much closer to reality when it comes to mud traction.  As I've said before, even if you disregard the inability to spawn medium and long logs without the Sherp DLC (what kind of business practice is this anyway, it now seems intentional), ST mud traction in its current form is pretty much broken, where shallow & deep mud behave almost the same, which means shallow mud is too treacherous while deep mud is unrealistically easy, at least with an AWD & diff lock.  SR & MR don't have this problem at all.  Mud depth there actually produces the result one would expect, more or less.

13 hours ago, Unster said:

SR is much closer to reality when it comes to mud traction.  As I've said before, even if you disregard the inability to spawn medium and long logs without the Sherp DLC (what kind of business practice is this anyway, it now seems intentional), ST mud traction in its current form is pretty much broken, where shallow & deep mud behave almost the same, which means shallow mud is too treacherous while deep mud is unrealistically easy, at least with an AWD & diff lock.  SR & MR don't have this problem at all.  Mud depth there actually produces the result one would expect, more or less.

Mud reality in ST, is a matter of opinion, as mud doesn't follow a standard convention. Shallow hard mud can be impossible to cross, but deep soft mud can be easy if it's got a hard base. If you've ever driven a heavy vehicle off road you will know you can get stuck on mud 10mm deep, diiff locks or not.

There are many variations on the theme, but it's largely irrelevant, as apart from the very fine vehicle models, there's nothing I can think of that is actually realistic in any part of this game and make no mistake, it is a game. It's all adjustable to give varying levels of difficulty, which has been altered many times over its lifetime.

You continue to not play it and I will continue to play and enjoy it. It's our choice.

P.S. I don't get the logs thing. Surely you wouldn't deliberately wreck the base game, just to flog a 3 quid map. If it's not a bug, then it's a poor decision.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
10 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Shallow hard mud can be impossible to cross, but deep soft mud can be easy if it's got a hard base. If you've ever driven a heavy vehicle off road you will know you can get stuck on mud 10mm deep, diiff locks or not.

That's true regarding shallow mud.  It can be very slippery if it's a wet, clay type on a hard base, like driving on packed snow.  But that's not the case in this game, where the mud looks relatively dry and loose.  What's certainly wrong and not a matter of opinion is how you can plow (slowly) through bumper-deep mud with an AWD and diff lock vehicle like the C-255.  That's just physically impossible.

On the missing log thing, I suspect LocalHost has left the job and the game is dead.  By all means enjoy the game if you still like it, but I'm done with it.  SR & MR, while not perfect, are much better offroad quasi-simulators.

14 hours ago, Alex Cameron said:

Even after I sent in a video with obvious problems, are you asking me this question?

You put "confused" on my post".

The game problems are well documented. How we deal with them is where we differ.

I play the game as well as I can, to avoid getting stuck.

You play the game as badly as you can, in order to get stuck.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Haha 1