Oovee® Games

However It was a stupid succession ... forget it (its a game and not a rendering software)

:D

Honestly I really hope I can finish my pathtracer some day. Still tinkering with file support as well... I might do .x just for ST, but maybe I've got to look into the 'meshcache format' as well. Or just plain .obj which is extremely easy to parse.

Anyway, back to topic ;)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spintires Plus v14 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2. Other changes: -OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often b

Spintires Plus v15 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras: -AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

Posted Images

SpintiresPlus v4 is finally out.

This time we have:
SelectStartupAddons: requested by mackboss. I already posted about that one, it's a new menu that allows to choose what addons you start with.
A seach bar has been added since the test version.

HideHUD_SteamInfo and HideHUD_3dUI. Not really new but >Forces< requested that I split HideHUD.

AlternateDifflockDamage: own volition. Probably needs to be reworked.
Basically it calculates difflock stress based on the difference in speed of your wheels. I know I should use torque there, but this information isn't available, so just think
   speed difference * time between frames = twist angle
   sum all twist angles at every frame (hence the "heat" build up)
   total twist angle * half shaft torsional rigidity / half shaft length = twisting torque
And thus twisting torque becomes proportional to the sum of speed differences. Just pretend my balance inspired constant matches time between frames*half shaft torsional rigidity/(half shaft length*locker breakout torque).
Anyway with the alt diff you can at least go forward on flat surfaces without taking difflock damage, but steering or taking a bump will "heat up" your diff.
If only 0 or 1 wheel is outside the mud I assume the other wheels slip to adjust, so you don't take difflock "heat".
When the locker is under stress, it "heats up" a lot faster than in the base game, and instantly relaxes when you unlock.
Damage is a fixed 500pts per breakout.

SupportSkidSteering: originally requested by freeman, still experimental but basically allows tank-like steering.
It has a lot of caveats so drivers AND modders should read the documentation carefully. For example the angvel parameter when defining the gearbox should now hold gear ratios. Wrong values will likely lead to havoksplosions, and who knows, maybe some correct ones too (it isn't experimental for nothing).
Props to freeman and woodingot for the time they spent testing this one, handling would have been a lot worse without them.

CabinCameraMaxAngle: requested by woodingot, allows changing the angle at which you can look left/right when using the cabin(hood) camera.

Bugfix: when you delete features from the config file ST+ uses default values that should disable the feature, it wasn't the case for RenderDistanceIncrease and WinchRange.

Now mind you the addon menu and the skid steering were tough nails (about 3000 lines of code, we went from 2229 to 5131, not counting comments), so...

untitled-1112.jpg?crop=1&h=204&w=370

Imma take is easy for the next version, easy preys only.

• Like 9

Thanks for the update LocalHost I didn't send you the DumpFiles because It stoped crashing my Freezing as soon I started using a window mode fullscreen and not a 800x600 (I like to see your debug screen when playing)

I tried st+ to remove the hud but it also removes the advanced menu ,is it posible to access the advanced on it`s own or bind a key to the hud to turn it on and off in the game .

thank`s for any help

Wouldn't you think it might be a good feature to specify what was the friction between the tyres and the contact ground they are (meaning of rocks, mud, dirt with water and so on)

Just an ideia, once so many of us like to use spintires for rock crawling and trial ;)

are you multiple persons?

At times I consider myself a one man army.

I didn't send you the DumpFiles because It stoped crashing my Freezing as soon I started using a window mode fullscreen and not a 800x600 (I like to see your debug screen when playing)

Well, at least now I can stop waiting for them...or not. I wasn't able to reproduce your freezes in 800x600 windowed (with debug mode) so it looks random, thus it'll probably ice someone else's face.

I tried st+ to remove the hud but it also removes the advanced menu ,is it posible to access the advanced on it`s own or bind a key to the hud to turn it on and off in the game .

No.

Seriously I don't understand why people want to play with the the HUD hidden when it's a key gameplay element. It's not as if we had working dashboards.

And the second thing that eludes me is people hiding the HUD and then complaining they don't see it.

Wouldn't you think it might be a good feature to specify what was the friction between the tyres and the contact ground they are (meaning of rocks, mud, dirt with water and so on)

This has been in the base game for a couple years as the Friction and SubstanceFriction parameters for wheels and afaik all physic bodies. Atm for the wheels Pavel grouped them into Friction preset, and all versions of ST+ since v1 allow you to set numerical values for those 2 through the UnpresetWheels feature.

Aside that the map menu will be scrollable in ST+ V5, incase you have more than 16 maps. There is no scrollbar but the menu responds to mouse wheel and prev/next page keys.

Moving on to right-side camera.

Speaking of right-side camera, I've noticed if you keep zooming in (this was on the xbox 360 controller with the 360 unlimited zoom option, by the way) the camera will zoom into the vehicle and emerge back out on the opposite side. Really threw me off until I realized what happened.

Speaking of right-side camera, I've noticed if you keep zooming in (this was on the xbox 360 controller with the 360 unlimited zoom option, by the way) the camera will zoom into the vehicle and emerge back out on the opposite side. Really threw me off until I realized what happened.

i have had this happen too and it was kinda weird 

also a feature that will be helpful and used by everyone is a 1 time tutorial i don't need to know how to play spintires if i have over 300 hrs

lights works on addons like they do on trucks

Edited by richieXtheXboss

Yeah, to disable the startup text permanently would be awesome. I thought there was a line in the config.xml that was something like firstrun="false" or something like that but I want to say it didn't work and I still get the startup text constantly. 

Ah ok, you meant that ST+ wasn't fit for your purpose and were looking for another solution.

Well, the closest thing I can think of is:

-hiding the compass and gearbox by replacing their textures by empty ones.

-hiding only the steam info with ST+.

-replacing all the status pane's text by empty text in media.zip/strings/[your language]/game.txt . If it doesn't crash your game it should only leave the damage bar on the status pane.

Hi Loaclhost sorry to anoy you for some reason my post was moved here .i was not not complaining about your great mod .

Yes I moved it here, since it's related to "Spintires plus" and not to "game support" ;). You can already use V to toggle the advanced menu, and ST+ specifically is the one hiding the entire hud.

sadly the editor clamps the angvel value to 0.10, which is 10times to fast for my sherp (for workshop upload) it would be great if you could either change the range or add a tag for a angvel multiplier or something

talking about skidsteering here

Edited by hoanns

Hi localhost  thanks for your reply and I will try the things you said

ps made the hud less intrusive by abbreviating  words  ,removed compass ,use g27 so no need to remove gearbox.

Edited by trackergb