Oovee® Games

Alright, those 3 are done: time freezer, disabling the HUD and listing locked trucks in the startup truck list.

If you can do it I'd (obviously) make my life easier.

It's probably too hard for me to even figure out how to include locked trucks as well. So I already thought about making an external application to edit a map.

My bad, when I said "do it" I meant "provide the feature by ay means you see fit", not "hack through the exe for me".

Interestingly I just had to force the result of an "if (sqrt(SomeFloat)<32.0)" to get all the trucks in the startup list, but if I make a map with 2 trucks way apart, both unlocked and active, then only one shows up in the startup truck list. So the condition to appear in the list might just be based on distance to the first/last unlocked active truck.

• Like 1
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spintires Plus v14 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2. Other changes: -OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often b

Spintires Plus v15 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras: -AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

Posted Images

Thanks allot localHost sunset driving yeah and maybe some night Fpv trailing

Also thanks for the list of locked trucks at startup that a awesome feature and about the the Hud that a cool one too I make it go away changing the .dds transparency but that's a cool one I won't have to change my Tcache.zip files no more

@marijn

That will be a really nice app tool

My bad, when I said "do it" I meant "provide the feature by ay means you see fit", not "hack through the exe for me".

Interestingly I just had to force the result of an "if (sqrt(SomeFloat)<32.0)" to get all the trucks in the startup list, but if I make a map with 2 trucks way apart, both unlocked and active, then only one shows up in the startup truck list. So the condition to appear in the list might just be based on distance to the first/last unlocked active truck.

Nah my bad, I should've put a :lol: in there - I did know you meant to say that I could do it any way I'd like :D

And yeah I totally forgot about the distance, there was a topic about this recently :wacko:

Spintires Plus v3 is up.

This time we have:

AddonsCanOverrideDamageSensation: requested by freeman, allows addons to override a truck's DamageSensation volume.

In a nutshell that means you can now make snorkel addons that really improve your fording abilities. Beware that is you install multiple snorkel addons on a single vehicle, only the first one is taken in account, so modders, please make your snorkels mutually exclusive.

NoVisualDamage: requested by richieXtheXboss, you can bang up your truck as hard as you want, its body will stay in pristine condition. Not even a scratch on the paint. Special effects like flames out of the exhaust or oil leak still trigger when your damage bar is filled enough.

HideHUD: requested by Vugar Ismailov & voto1979, hides compass, truck status, gearbox, and steam info. Can be either used for vehicle showcasing (and machinimas?) or for additional immersion if you have a steering wheel & shifter.

NoCabinCameraReset: requested by kingpinn. They say "look in front of you when you drive", the game enforces that, some people didn't like it...

FreezeTimeOfDayAt: requested by >Forces<. Locks time of day at a specific hour, for people who particularly like the visuals of a specific time of day.

Beware that 7h30 AM is written 7.5 in the config file, not 7.3.

ShowLockedTrucksAtSelectionScreen: requested by mackboss. Locked trucks are listed in the startup truck list, allowing you to customize them. They stay locked nonetheless.When looking at the list there is no way to know if a truck is locked or not, so know your map.

The ability to change startup addons has been requested at the same time, it's a tough nut so I pushed it back to v4. Whether the feature is actually doable or not is still unclear.

As for the bugfix, it turns out that suspension softness still varied with wheel & parent frame mass even when  SuspensionFix was used.
The effect is only visible with ridiculously heavy wheels, like 5+ tons, that's why I didn't notice earlier.
I posted here an extract from Havok's manual that says spring stiffness has to be divided by mass before feeding it to havok, but they didn't say that you also have to add distance²/inertia to the 1/mass factor. (the distance, actually distances are the ones between body barycenter and where the spring is attached, projected on each 3 axis)
That's been fixed but since stiffness calculation formula changed, you might have to re-tweak your suspensions. Sorry guys. I hardcoded a corrective factor that should coarsely maintain compatibility with existing values (unless your wheels weighted tons), but fine-tuners will want to check their Suspension***_Normalized values.

• Like 3

Spintires Plus v3 is up.

NoVisualDamage: requested by richieXtheXboss, you can bang up your truck as hard as you want, its body will stay in pristine condition. Not even a scratch on the paint. Special effects like flames out of the exhaust or oil leak still trigger when your damage bar is filled enough.

FreezeTimeOfDayAt: requested by >Forces<. Locks time of day at a specific hour, for people who particularly like the visuals of a specific time of day.

Beware that 7h30 AM is written 7.5 in the config file, not 7.3.

you made the game better in 1 update than oovee has in 1 month (wait thats a joke like oovee updates the game once a month)

Edited by richieXtheXboss

IT IS ALIVEEEEEE!!!

(I mean the startup addon selection menu)

It takes the form of a new menu that appears during the load screen, loading is paused until you validate your choices. It lists all addons instead of just those which apply to a specific truck because the extra mile to filter the addons is way too much work (imagine an extra mile of swamp with a fully loaded zil130 on highway tires).

This feature also comes at the expense of an extra 500kb dll: AntTweakBar.dll which is the window managed I use to draw the menus. No, "bar" doesn't always mean "browser toolbar".

Those who want to try out the feature asap can find a test build here. Spintires v4 will probably not come out this week, considering the other features I wanna put in there might also put up a fight, the next of which being: diff lock damage.

post-219087-0-96703100-1460529813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Localhost
  • Like 6

I do like the diff damage it makes me pay attention

Hey Localhost thanks for the new updates I wanted to ask if there's one way to edit the hide hud? I like to play with it but I'll like to be able to choose what options of it I can take out

Edited: autocorrect hates me

Edited by >Forces<

I don't plan on removing difflock damage (you can play in casual to do that), to goal is to make it more realistic.

HideHUD can easily be split into hide steam pic+name and hide compass+shifter+truck status, otherwise I've got to remake the part that disables the 3d UI.

Being the local pessimist here... I have to mention the possiblity that Pavel is scrambling to re-write half the game to defeat / prevent alteration of all of this.

That said; you're doing an amazing job Localhost. I don't want you to burn yourself out if it turns out all in vain come next update... but... then again if you look at the current pace of game updates; you don't have to worry about it for another 5 to 6 months or so. :P

I've been thinking those exact same things for a while, so I guess that makes two pessimists.

For now my stance is "wait and see". Some things will break with the next update, this is normal, then I'll see if I find thwarting intent in the code and how to deal with it if present.

Half-jokingly, in worst case scenario you can weight what you gain with the new update vs what you lose without ST+. Given the teasers, I'm pretty sure I win there :D. That should give me another 6 months to fix ST+.

• Like 1

I don't plan on removing difflock damage (you can play in casual to do that), to goal is to make it more realistic.

HideHUD can easily be split into hide steam pic+name and hide compass+shifter+truck status, otherwise I've got to remake the part that disables the 3d UI.

mmm ok, that will be great

What do I need to split the option? I've HxD, NotePad++ and patience to get things to work

I've been thinking those exact same things for a while, so I guess that makes two pessimists.

For now my stance is "wait and see". Some things will break with the next update, this is normal, then I'll see if I find thwarting intent in the code and how to deal with it if present.

Half-jokingly, in worst case scenario you can weight what you gain with the new update vs what you lose without ST+. Given the teasers, I'm pretty sure I win there :D. That should give me another 6 months to fix ST+.

can you be optimistic after being let down time after time 

also do you plan on doing any work on the editor because if you could make a random generation mode that would be great (where you make the terrain and it puts roads) because roads are a pain 

Edited by richieXtheXboss

What do I need to split the option? I've HxD, NotePad++ and patience to get things to work

Sorry, when I said "easily" I meant easily for me. For you it'd be more complicated, so to keep things simple I've updated the startup addon test version posted above. Look for HideHUD_SteamInfo and HideHUD_3dUI there.

also do you plan on doing any work on the editor because if you could make a random generation mode that would be great (where you make the terrain and it puts roads) because roads are a pain 

For now, I don't plan to work on the editor outside hypothetical crashfixes and truck editor compatibility to get the truck to look the same way in the editor and ingame.

Still, what is the problem exactly? I tried adding an "overlay" dirt road and didn't see anything particularly wrong (You're talking to someone who never made a map).

Edited by Localhost

Thanks hahah

I tested the addon section screen on coast but I couldn't select any option the game froze it didn't crash just froze I had to close it with the task manager

I'll be testing later the new hide hud

Thanks Localhost

Edited by >Forces<

Sorry, when I said "easily" I meant easily for me. For you it'd be more complicated, so to keep things simple I've updated the startup addon test version posted above. Look for HideHUD_SteamInfo and HideHUD_3dUI there.

For now, I don't plan to work on the editor outside hypothetical crashfixes and truck editor compatibility to get the truck to look the same way in the editor and ingame.

Still, what is the problem exactly? I tried adding an "overlay" dirt road and didn't see anything particularly wrong (You're talking to someone who never made a map).

the problem i am having with the HideHUD is the fact it hides the shifter as well, making it almost impossible to tell what gear you are in.

I tested the addon section screen on coast but I couldn't select any option the game froze it didn't crash just froze I had to close it with the task manager

Crap, can't reproduce it on my end.

0-When did the game freeze exactly? Did you see the new menu, even for an instant?

1-Does the game still freeze if you use a unmodified config file (ie: the one in the .zip) ?

2-Does it also happen if you remove ALL your workshop mods (just temporarily rename your steamapps\workshop\content\263280 folder) ?

3-Does it also happen if you run the game in windowed mode ?

4-Are you using overlays or graphical enhancers like reshade / sweetfx ? (If yes try without them)

5-Next time it freezes, can you use procdump and PM me a dump file (use the command "procdump.exe Spintires.exe -ma") ?

@SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH: I guess you'll just have to do without HideHUD. Remember it was meant for video recording, not regular play unless you have a steering wheel with shifter plugged to your computer.