Oovee® Games

13 часов назад Truckwolf сказал:

@ leov37017Здравствуйте! Вы его починили? Объясните, пожалуйста, как вы его исправили?

П.С. Вы можете писать мне по-русски, я Вас отлично понимаю.

Вот вполне играбельный мод, только топлива очень много расходует!

https://yadi.sk/d/WK0inE-62XAxOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS1x1sWvEI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by leov37017
  • Like 1
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spintires Plus v14 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2. Other changes: -OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often b

Spintires Plus v15 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras: -AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

Posted Images

WE ARE BACK ON TRACKed vehicles 😆

@leov37017 wow, thanks man, with your settings i getting the BAT-M also working. 😁

Also the DT-8 is now working with the follwing settings:

<TruckData
        BackSteerSpeed="0.06"
        EngineStartDelay="1.0"
        ExhaustStartTime="1.0"
        FuelCapacity="300"
        DiffLockType="Always"
        SteerResponsiveness="0.9"
        SteerSpeed="0.017" 
    >

<Motor MaxDeltaAngVel="0.017" Torque="99960000">
            <ReverseGear AngVel="5.018" />
            <HighGear AngVel="10.02" />
            <Gear AngVel="5.016" />
            <Gear AngVel="10.022" />
            <Gear AngVel="19.046" />
        </Motor>

Only issue i noted so far. even in High Gear it´s slower then in Low Gear 🤔

Edited by Eversman
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Eversman said:

Only issue i noted so far. even in High Gear it´s slower then in Low Gear 

We haven't changed how the gearing works since this, so with your settings, in high gear you have 125% of your crazy torque at angvel=10, and nothing at angvel=12. In 1st gear, you have top torque at angvel=5, and nothing at angvel=5*2+5=15. But at angvel=14 you still have a fraction (3%) of your 100 million N.m which should be to keep your vehicle going, hence going faster in 1st gear.
Remember that the game without ST+ caps max torque at 1 million N.m, 3% of your DT8's torque is still 3 times the cap.

As for wheels slipping against tracks, try increasing the sprockets' hard surface friction. I have it to 10 on the DT75 I used to test ST+ prior release.

• Thanks 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, an update has just arrived and everything is already back to square one. Only recently Spintires Plus was updated and now nothing works again.
How long does an update take?
I had already considered downloading the new DLC, but without ST+ it's irrelevant. 😔

On 11/23/2020 at 4:20 PM, Zukakis said:

Any chance to see the normalized suspensions from ST+ in the base game?

These have been included in ST v1.7.0 under the names SuspensionStrengthInNewtonsPerMeter and SuspensionDampingInNewtonSecondsPerMeter.

Conversion factors are:

• N/m strength = ST+ normalized strength * 20330
  • N.s/m damping = ST+ normalized damping * 85

ST+ normalized suspension will be deprecated in the next release, but still supported because I need it for the SuspensionTunableInWheelsSets feature... Until I can remove it.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:49 PM, King Leo said:

How long does an update take?

Usually it takes a couple weekends.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:49 PM, King Leo said:

I had already considered downloading the new DLC, but without ST+ it's irrelevant.

Best way to avoid waiting for ST+ at each game update/DLC is to tell @Zane (Oovee)what features are more important to you than the DLC. You know, managers tend to be listen when $$$ is involved.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:00 PM, Truckwolf said:

ST+ v.14 does work with 1.7.0, but the following features must be disabled:

AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators="false"
BatteryPoweredWinch="false"
MapsCanOverrideCloakMesh="false"

I confirm AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators and BatteryPoweredWinch are currently broken.
I ran v14 with all options enabled except these 2 and it worked, or at least I could boot the game and drive around, truck was invincible, cloak meshes were properly replaced, and the dev menu was visible outside proving grounds, but I haven't checked every feature yet.

• Thanks 3

@Localhost (Oovee)Hello! Indeed, the game launches normally and you can drive around on proving without crashes when only AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators and BatteryPoweredWinch are disabled. But when you try to start the new Chinese Village map you get "Oops, Spintires crashed!" until MapsCanOverrideCloaksMesh is also disabled.

Got a moment for some questions, please?

If the suspension fix is now also part of the game - does that mean that the wheelmass bug is now finally and truly squashed?

What's the equation to convert non-normalised suspension to the new N/m N.s/m values?

How do you get TWOW readings and GetMudDeformationFactor? Like you did (HERE) back in the day,

Could you share your copy of Havok programmer's manual with me? For the love of me, I can't find a copy anywhere. I have all physics sdk's and content tools, anarchy, but none of them have a programmer's manual.

Edited by Truckwolf

@Thecrazyninja Hmmm...that is most strange, I've never seen such a thing.
I have three questions to ask you:
1) Those three features above (SpawnLocators, BatteryWinch,etc), what happens when you set them to "true", do you get "Oops, Spintires crashed!"?

2) Are you absolutely certain that you downloaded v.14 and installed it properly?  (LINK to v.14)
(all files go in installdir, where SpinTires.exe is)

3) Are you using Windows 10? This is a bit of a long shot, but if those three features aren't crashing your game and you're certain that everything is installed properly, then perhaps your OS can't access d3d9.dll properly.

Oh, and drop me your config file, just to check, I suppose. Take your SpintiresPlus_config.xml file and drag and drop it here while typing your post.

Edited by Truckwolf
On 12/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, Truckwolf said:

when you try to start the new Chinese Village map you get "Oops, Spintires crashed!" until MapsCanOverrideCloaksMesh is also disabled.

Ah, crap, it didn't occur to me there could be a map-specific issue there. You're right MapsCanOverrideCloaksMesh is also broken, thanks for reporting it.

If the suspension fix is now also part of the game - does that mean that the wheelmass bug is now finally and truly squashed?

AFAIK, yes.

What's the equation to convert non-normalised suspension to the new N/m N.s/m values?

An absolute horror that would be of little use to you unless you fancy manually calculating the inertia matrix of your wheel's parent frame. Doable for boxes & cylinders, but not for arbitrary shapes (like a truck's cabin).
In Strunk_Oliver_Stop_My_Constraints_From_Blowing_Up.pdf (obtainable for example here ) you can see the concept of "effective mass" being introduced at slide 21.

Turns out the conversion factors you are requesting are something like: a constant / [ (1/wheel_effective_mass) + (1/chassis_effective_mass) ]
Both effective masses being calculated where the suspension is attached to the wheel.

Modders are better off using this: if my chassis weights X kg, and weight is evenly distributed on all wheels, then the suspension will compress by X * 9.8 / suspension_strength_in_N/m meters at rest.
Or suspension_strength_in_N/m = X * 9.8 / compression_at_rest. Then tune for desired offroad behavior.

How do you get TWOW readings and GetMudDeformationFactor? Like you did (HERE) back in the day,

This is no longer possible. They used to be displayed in debug mode by the function responsible for MudSinkingFix, which has been removed.

Could you share your copy of Havok programmer's manual with me?

Sorry, that's confidential stuff.

• Thanks 2

@Localhost (Oovee)

I have noticed another problem. I don't know if it is reproducible, but after a very short time I have massive graphics problems and ultimately a blue screen crash. This happens when AlwaysShowDevMenu="true" is set. According to the analysis text, the problem lies with the graphics driver (AMD), but it is due to this setting. With AlwaysShowDevMenu="false" the game is functional. Only the fuel consumption values give completely nonsensical figures. But that doesn't matter in the end.

@King LeoHello! I know that you're not asking me, but perhaps I can offer a solution for the weird fuel consumption. I also had this problem - fuel consumption would change between negative 2 million, 10 million, negative 15 mililion. And it was caused by outdated strings, specifically "/display_fuel" in game.txt .  There's a new "1f" addition there.
It should look like this:

/display_fuel
Fuel  %d / %d L
%.1f L / Min

If this sounds familiar, then that is how to fix it, update strings>game.

Edited by Truckwolf
  • 2 weeks later...

@Localhost (Oovee) Hello!  Can I bother you yet again with some questions, please?

Every mod ever released has the old suspension values - should we update them to the new values?

Can a truck have both old and new suspension values in it’s xml file?
And if both values are present, will the new values take priority over the old ones?
(just like normalised suspension tokens had priority over the default values)

Spintires Plus v15 has been released.

This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras:
-AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1.7.0. Feature is thus temporarily removed in ST+ v15, but will come back once the bug is fixed.

-BatteryPoweredWinch: in game v1.70, winching costs fuel, however battery-powered winches will not increase fuel consumption.

-ExternalMinimap:

• now uses the same icons as the F1 minimap.
  • now shows all trucks (red=current truck, blue=all others)
  • now shows camera position in white when free camera mode is used.

-AlternateDifflockDamage:

• triggers more often now.
  • bugfix: vehicles with powered wheels of heterogeneous diameter would get difflock damage when driving straight on flat grounds.

-LoadPointsPerObjective: replaced by LoadPointsPerObjectiveMultiplier. Since v1.7.0 the game no longer forces all objectives of a map to require the same amount of points, but LoadPointsPerObjective would have forced them back to a common value, so now have a multiplier instead. Call that a game length multiplier if you wish.

-EnginesCantChoke: new feature. It always annoyed me when trucks clicked and lost power when I accelerate. So there, finally found the time to nick it off.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, King Leo said:

I have noticed another problem. I don't know if it is reproducible, but after a very short time I have massive graphics problems and ultimately a blue screen crash. This happens when AlwaysShowDevMenu="true" is set. According to the analysis text, the problem lies with the graphics driver (AMD), but it is due to this setting. With AlwaysShowDevMenu="false" the game is functional.

I doubt it's this feature that causes your problem. ST+'s code for that feature has not changed since 2016, and neither has the game's code that it patches, so if there was something wrong there somebody should have noticed over the last 4.5 years.
One thing you could try is to disable the feature in ST+, and play in proving ground for a while. Normally you should BSOD there too. If you don't get a BSOD there, see if you can play in safe mode with the feature on. Hopefully it will just crash and generate a crash dump I could look at.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, Truckwolf said:

Every mod ever released has the old suspension values - should we update them to the new values?

If you are a mod author, the ideal would be that you use the new suspension settings (strength in N/m, damping in N.s/m) in the mods you create(d).
However if you are lazy and/or certain that the mass of your wheels won't change, you can keep your suspension settings.

Can a truck have both old and new suspension values in it’s xml file?

Yes.

And if both values are present, will the new values take priority over the old ones?

The old SuspensionStrength is read first (if present), then overridden by SuspensionStrength_Normalized (if any), then overridden by SuspensionStrengthInNewtonsPerMeter (if any).
Same idea with damping.

• Thanks 4
  • 1 month later...

@Localhost Dear Localhost,
I want to ask you about AlternateDifflockDamage, please.

I am driving on a hard road, the padlock icons appear and are still white, I hit the handbrake - and I instantly get 500 points of damage? Happens without fail, as soon as I hit the handbrake the damage gets delivered instantly.

The effect is more pronounced and AlternateDifflockDamage is terribly brutal on user made maps where the user has made hard surfaces REALLY hard. As soon as I get out of mud the red padlocks appear and even before I can turn difflock off it delivers the damage. It happens in a split second. I can’t even move my finger fast enough from W to Q!  Also, at that hardness pulling the handbrake even at absolutely minimal speed instantly damages the truck.

I haven’t noticed anything like that in any of the previous versions, so I decided to ask you, is this the way it’s supposed to work?

• Like 1