Oovee® Games

Wait-whaa ?!... Oh, okay.

Well I have always posted my mod on mediafire (okay maybe I forgot one release) in addition of putting it in the download manager, so I guess I'll solely be relying on MF from now on.

As for the forum discussion, it has been moved to the modding discussion subforum, so normally it should not vanish next September.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

@Localhost (Oovee) Thanks for still working on ST+   @Sebastian2137 can we help you in any way???  

Thank you! You're the best thing that ever happened to Spintires. I also have a question to ask you:  How do you determine the exact values for normalised suspension and damping? I start by

Posted Images

@Localhost (Oovee) Could you spare some time for some questions?

Since we'll no longer be able to adjust
MaxDeformationPressure - then what value does the game default to? A "100e6"?

You said that the game now has a better version of MudSinkingFix - could you please elaborate, what changed in 1.6.0?

Is the wheelmass bug still present in the game? Do trucks with superheavy wheels still weight less than trucks with light wheels?

Edited by Truckwolf
On 8/19/2020 at 8:39 PM, Truckwolf said:

Since we'll no longer be able to adjust MaxDeformationPressure - then what value does the game default to? A "100e6"?

The game now uses a system that's different from ST+'s patch. There isn't a single max deformation pressure, but a ground yield strength which varies between 50kPa and 400kPa depending on how muddy the area is. Apply more pressure than the yield strength and you break the surface.
If you want to compare with ST+, assume that the old max deformation pressure was 255*ground yield strength.

Is the wheelmass bug still present in the game? Do trucks with superheavy wheels still weight less than trucks with light wheels?

Trucks with superheavies did not "weight less", they weighted more but in a nutshell the old system divided the sinking effect by wheel mass. This is not the case with the new system.
However as I said earlier the wheelmass bug isn't entirely fixed: suspension stiffness still depends on wheel mass, and I now have new bugs to fix that are tied to wheel mass and mud.

You said that the game now has a better version of MudSinkingFix - could you please elaborate, what changed in 1.6.0?

On top of what's been said above, to calculate ground pressure, you obviously need to know how much of the truck's weight rests on a wheel. Previously, this was simply the trucks total weight (including addons), divided by the number of wheels.
The new system computes the center of mass and deduces weight distribution.
Basically, if a truck had 6 identical wheels and most of its weight on the rear, with the old MudSinkingFix either all wheels would break the surface or none. Now, it is possible to have the front wheels go fine while the rear wheels dig trenches.
Lastly, MudSinkingFix was created before CTIS implementation so it wouldn't properly calculate the contact surface when changing pressure.

• Thanks 1

Wow, ok, thank you, you've certainly given me a lot to think about.

Just yesterday I repeated the test you did back when you first diagnosed the wheelmass bug. Spawned c255 in the bog with light wheels and then with superheavy wheels. With light wheels c255's suspension is crushed down and it sank in the mud like a rock. WIth superheavy wheels it doesn't sink and it climbed out of the mud hole it sank into without the slightest effort.
Why is this happening?  Is this a bug or is that how it's supposed to be?
Does c255 with it's default heavy wheels weight, sit, sink and perform exactly as it's supposed to?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

The new system computes the center of mass and deduces weight distribution.

That's a great improvement.  Now to properly account for mud depth and how it changes the traction.  Shallow mud now tends to be too slippery while deep mud doesn't really get you stuck.  That and the missing logs are the biggest current issues with ST.  I'm just saying it here in case you didn't check the other posts, but yes I know this discussion belongs elsewhere.

Edited by Unster

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinning fast = excavating.

@Unster: Oovee is aware of those, and if Oovee said nothing it means Oovee has nothing to say about it, no matter how many times you post about it.
However, do not purposely post off-topic content in an attempt to grab the staff's attention no matter what.
Consider this a friendly warning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

@Unster: Oovee is aware of those, and if Oovee said nothing it means Oovee has nothing to say about it, no matter how many times you post about it.
However, do not purposely post off-topic content in an attempt to grab the staff's attention no matter what.
Consider this a friendly warning.

OK, I will refrain from doing that.  But what's with the tone?  This is not how customer interaction is done.  Maybe just stick to programming.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my first time trying to use spintires plus. When ever i try and used a thing that uses this mod the game crashes it also crashes on startup unless i run it in administrator. Is this mod just to old or did i do something wrong

@GTMV Please read through the last two pages of this thread for a list of ST+ features that are currently incompatible with the game. You'll have to disable those features to get ST+ v.13 to run with 1.6.0+. 

I would advise you to wait for game version 1.6.2 and ST+ v.14 where all of the outstanding issues will be fixed.