Oovee® Games

Wait-whaa ?!... Oh, okay.

Well I have always posted my mod on mediafire (okay maybe I forgot one release) in addition of putting it in the download manager, so I guess I'll solely be relying on MF from now on.

As for the forum discussion, it has been moved to the modding discussion subforum, so normally it should not vanish next September.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spintires Plus v14 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2. Other changes: -OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often b

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

Spintires Plus v15 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras: -AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1

Posted Images

@Localhost (Oovee) Could you spare some time for some questions?

Since we'll no longer be able to adjust
MaxDeformationPressure - then what value does the game default to? A "100e6"?

You said that the game now has a better version of MudSinkingFix - could you please elaborate, what changed in 1.6.0?

Is the wheelmass bug still present in the game? Do trucks with superheavy wheels still weight less than trucks with light wheels?

Edited by Truckwolf
On 8/19/2020 at 8:39 PM, Truckwolf said:

Since we'll no longer be able to adjust MaxDeformationPressure - then what value does the game default to? A "100e6"?

The game now uses a system that's different from ST+'s patch. There isn't a single max deformation pressure, but a ground yield strength which varies between 50kPa and 400kPa depending on how muddy the area is. Apply more pressure than the yield strength and you break the surface.
If you want to compare with ST+, assume that the old max deformation pressure was 255*ground yield strength.

Is the wheelmass bug still present in the game? Do trucks with superheavy wheels still weight less than trucks with light wheels?

Trucks with superheavies did not "weight less", they weighted more but in a nutshell the old system divided the sinking effect by wheel mass. This is not the case with the new system.
However as I said earlier the wheelmass bug isn't entirely fixed: suspension stiffness still depends on wheel mass, and I now have new bugs to fix that are tied to wheel mass and mud.

You said that the game now has a better version of MudSinkingFix - could you please elaborate, what changed in 1.6.0?

On top of what's been said above, to calculate ground pressure, you obviously need to know how much of the truck's weight rests on a wheel. Previously, this was simply the trucks total weight (including addons), divided by the number of wheels.
The new system computes the center of mass and deduces weight distribution.
Basically, if a truck had 6 identical wheels and most of its weight on the rear, with the old MudSinkingFix either all wheels would break the surface or none. Now, it is possible to have the front wheels go fine while the rear wheels dig trenches.
Lastly, MudSinkingFix was created before CTIS implementation so it wouldn't properly calculate the contact surface when changing pressure.

• Thanks 1

Wow, ok, thank you, you've certainly given me a lot to think about.

Just yesterday I repeated the test you did back when you first diagnosed the wheelmass bug. Spawned c255 in the bog with light wheels and then with superheavy wheels. With light wheels c255's suspension is crushed down and it sank in the mud like a rock. WIth superheavy wheels it doesn't sink and it climbed out of the mud hole it sank into without the slightest effort.
Why is this happening?  Is this a bug or is that how it's supposed to be?
Does c255 with it's default heavy wheels weight, sit, sink and perform exactly as it's supposed to?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

The new system computes the center of mass and deduces weight distribution.

That's a great improvement.  Now to properly account for mud depth and how it changes the traction.  Shallow mud now tends to be too slippery while deep mud doesn't really get you stuck.  That and the missing logs are the biggest current issues with ST.  I'm just saying it here in case you didn't check the other posts, but yes I know this discussion belongs elsewhere.

Edited by Unster

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinning fast = excavating.

@Unster: Oovee is aware of those, and if Oovee said nothing it means Oovee has nothing to say about it, no matter how many times you post about it.
However, do not purposely post off-topic content in an attempt to grab the staff's attention no matter what.
Consider this a friendly warning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

@Unster: Oovee is aware of those, and if Oovee said nothing it means Oovee has nothing to say about it, no matter how many times you post about it.
However, do not purposely post off-topic content in an attempt to grab the staff's attention no matter what.
Consider this a friendly warning.

OK, I will refrain from doing that.  But what's with the tone?  This is not how customer interaction is done.  Maybe just stick to programming.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@GTMV Please read through the last two pages of this thread for a list of ST+ features that are currently incompatible with the game. You'll have to disable those features to get ST+ v.13 to run with 1.6.0+. 

I would advise you to wait for game version 1.6.2 and ST+ v.14 where all of the outstanding issues will be fixed.

• Like 1

Spintires Plus v14 has been released.
This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2.

Other changes:
-OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often being oriented along truck Z. This bug was probably there since game v25.03.19.

-HideHUD_3dUI: removed. I don't see why I haven't done this it earlier, after all 3d UI can be hidden by pressing F3 since august 2019.

-DisableSuspensionDamage: removed. Initially this was meant to address the "speed damage" issue whereby vehicles would start getting tons of damage out of nowhere when going fast. This has now been addressed game-side, so ST+ doesn't need this anymore.

• Thanks 5

For a while now I've been trying to fix Woodingot's DT-75, but without success.  I got it to move forwards and backwards, but I can't get it to turn.

I removed SkidSteeringMode="ForwardBrake" from under <Wheels and replaced it with SteeringMode="ForwardBrake" under <Truckdata.

Then I replaced it's old motor values with Sherp's motor  (torque, angvel and three gears)

This got It to move, but it refuses to turn. When you try to steer it both tracks stop moving. The leading wheels are spinning but the tracks won't skid.  I tried giving it more torque, less friction, more friction - nothing helps.  The wheels within the tracks are spinning, but the track that's supposed to skid doesn't move at all.

I am at a loss.  And that's not the end of it's woes - it's tracks now excavate even the hardest dirt carving ruts throught it better than any trench digging machine.

It has Point2Path tracks, but also Woodingot fitted invisible cdt boxes to push against the wheels to get them to forwardbrake. He also says that there are 16 invisible wheels and that the...um...drive wheels are actually under the mud. I don't know if that's true, but the boxes are still there. 
So it'll need a complete rework. I'd ask Localhost for help, since he helped Woodingot make it, but that's the least of his concerns right now.

I welcome any suggestions. I'll try to find another mod with ST+ tracks. Perhaps a simpler mod might provide some clues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

For a while now I've been trying to fix Woodingot's DT-75, but without success.  I got it to move forwards and backwards, but I can't get it to turn.

I removed SkidSteeringMode="ForwardBrake" from under <Wheels and replaced it with SteeringMode="ForwardBrake" under <Truckdata.

Then I replaced it's old motor values with Sherp's motor  (torque, angvel and three gears)

This got It to move, but it refuses to turn. When you try to steer it both tracks stop moving. The leading wheels are spinning but the tracks won't skid.  I tried giving it more torque, less friction, more friction - nothing helps.  The wheels within the tracks are spinning, but the track that's supposed to skid doesn't move at all.

I am at a loss.  And that's not the end of it's woes - it's tracks now excavate even the hardest dirt carving ruts throught it better than any trench digging machine.

It has Point2Path tracks, but also Woodingot fitted invisible cdt boxes to push against the wheels to get them to forwardbrake. He also says that there are 16 invisible wheels and that the...um...drive wheels are actually under the mud. I don't know if that's true, but the boxes are still there. 
So it'll need a complete rework. I'd ask Localhost for help, since he helped Woodingot make it, but that's the least of his concerns right now.

I welcome any suggestions. I'll try to find another mod with ST+ tracks. Perhaps a simpler mod might provide some clues.

T-150 Gus.
He rides forward and backward without any problems. However, he turns very, very slowly (add more "very"). Maybe he can help.
I don't understand programming at all, but I will root for you.

• Thanks 1
On 11/25/2020 at 3:46 AM, Truckwolf said:

By the way, SHERP SUVs have control that is most suitable for tracked vehicles. Why complicate things, why not take SHERP as a basis? 🤔
Perhaps in this case you won't even need ST + in the future? 

Wheeled vehicles with skid steering and tracked vehicles with skid steering are very different. Open sherp's xml file and DT 75's xml file and look at the kilometric difference.  The principle is the same and it's the same type of skidding. The problem is that Sherp's wheels skid perfectly, while DT-75's tracks absolutely refuse to skid.

2 hours ago, Alex Cameron said:

Perhaps in this case you won't even need ST + in the future?

SkidSteering has been moved from ST+ and is now part of the game.  Tracked vehicles don't need ST+ for SkidSteering, but they still need the PointToPlane and PointToPath constraints from ST+.

On 25.11.2020 at 10:46, Truckwolf said:

Некоторое время я пытался починить Woodingot DT-75, но безуспешно. Я заставил его двигаться вперед и назад, но не могу заставить его вращаться.

Я удалил SkidSteeringMode = "ForwardBrake" из раздела <Wheels и заменил его на SteeringMode = "ForwardBrake" из раздела <Truckdata.

Затем я заменил его старые параметры двигателя на двигатель Шерпа (крутящий момент, угол поворота и три передачи).

Это заставило его двигаться, но он отказывается вращаться. При попытке поворачивать обе гусеницы перестают двигаться. Ведущие колеса крутятся, но гусеницы не скользят. Я попытался придать ему больше крутящего момента, меньше трения, больше трения - ничего не помогает. Колеса внутри гусениц вращаются, но гусеница, которая должна скользить, не движется вообще.

Я в недоумении. И это еще не конец его бедам - теперь гусеницы прокладывают даже самые труднопроходимые колеи лучше, чем любая траншейная машина.

У него есть гусеницы Point2Path, но также Woodingot установил невидимые коробки компакт-дисков, чтобы прижимать колеса к переднему тормозу. Он также говорит, что там 16 невидимых колес и что ... гм ... ведущие колеса на самом деле находятся под грязью. Не знаю, правда ли это, но коробки все еще там. 
Так что потребуется полная переделка. Я бы попросил Localhost о помощи, так как он помог Вудинготу сделать это, но сейчас это меньшая из его проблем.

Приветствую любые предложения. Попробую найти другой мод с треками ST +. Возможно, более простой мод может дать некоторые подсказки.

• Like 2
36 минут назад Truckwolf сказал:

@ leov37017Здравствуйте! Вы его починили? Объясните, пожалуйста, как вы его исправили?

П.С. Вы можете писать мне по-русски, я Вас отлично понимаю.

Здравствуйте. Не то что бы починил), по асфальту он едет нормально, а вот в грязи пока очень плохо (

Для того чтоб он разворачивался: 

FuelCapacity = "315"
        SteerSpeed = "0.06"
        SteerResponsiveness = "0.1"
        BackSteerSpeed = "1.0"
        EngineStartDelay = "8"
        SteeringMode = "ForwardBrake"

увеличил обороты конечно же, чтоб ехал:

<Motor MaxDeltaAngVel = "0.017" Torque = "9960000">
            <ReverseGear AngVel = "5.018" />
            <HighGear AngVel = "5.02" />
            <Gear AngVel = "5.016" />