Oovee® Games

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spintires Plus v14 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.6.2. Other changes: -OrientableShafts: bugfix: shaft endpoints weren't always correctly aligned, often b

@Truckwolf: As I said, the mud has new bugs, one of them causes light wheels on the 255 to dig in place, not because of ground pressure, but because they vibrate fast, which is as if they were spinnin

Spintires Plus v15 has been released. This is a compatibility update with game v1.7.0, plus a couple extras: -AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: due to a bug, this is already in the game v1

Posted Images

@Localhost (Oovee)

Hello! I have a bug to report:

The engine on all trucks will turn off upon switching to hood camera when HideDriverInCabinView="true".
And the engine will refuse to start as long as you're in hood camera mode.

Game version: 1.5.1
ST+ version: 13

Thank you! You're the best thing that ever happened to Spintires.

I also have a question to ask you:  How do you determine the exact values for normalised suspension and damping?

I start by porting the old values, but often those values are not strong enough - the truck isn't sitting as high as it should be. When driving over obstacles the front wheels slam into the wheel arches, the rear wheels slam into or even clip through flatbed and utility addons.
Then I start increasing strength and damping until I find a satisfying value.  
(most recently, b500's rear wheel ported strength is 11.11 - with that the rear wheels scrape against the utility addon when driving over even the tiniest obstacle. I found out that it would take at least 16 normalised strength to keep the wheels away from the utility addon.)

So at the end of the day I just eyeball it. Is there a better way to do this?  Or am I doing it wrong and the ported value is exactly how the truck should behave when the wheelmass bug is fixed?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Truckwolf: Sorry for the delay, things got pretty crazy at work last week and your post slipped off my mind.
Suspension strength & damping, normalized or not, are determined by trial and error, pretty much what you are currently doing.
Additionally, you should in theory be able to use SuspensionMin & SuspensionMax to prevent the suspension from compressing to the point the wheels hit the fenders. In practice, it doesn't work so well because suspensions are constraints (as in "Hinge", "Fixed", "Prismatic",etc...) which Havok may not honor if you press hard enough.

@Eversman: I'll start porting ST+ next weekend, but no promise on when it'll be finished. For now, it would appear BatteryPoweredWinch broke.
Oddly SupportSkidSteering & MudSinkingFix do not cause crashes, but I don't expect them to work so it's safer to turn them off. They'll be removed anyway, since the game has better versions of those now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Localhost (Oovee)

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. Yes, I am also touching up suspensionmin, but I just always had this feeling that I was doing it wrong.

@Eversman

Hello! Pehaps I can save you some time. V.13 does work with 1.6.0, but the following changes must be made to SpintiresPlus_config.xml
BatteryPoweredWinch="false"
MapsCanOverrideCloakMesh="false"
UnclampedXML="false"

At least those are the ones that I've found. Spintires will altogether refuse to launch with "Oops, Spintires crashed" as long as UnclampedXML=true.  When it's set to false you can reach the main menu, but that's about it. The other two features must also be disabled to be actually able to play.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Oddly SupportSkidSteering & MudSinkingFix do not cause crashes, but I don't expect them to work so it's safer to turn them off. They'll be removed anyway, since the game has better versions of those now.

Whoa!  Wait a minute, does this mean that support for tracked vehicles and the fix for the wheelmass bug are now incorporated into the game?
And if that's the case what happens with normalised suspension? (suspension fix, the first component of the fix)  How are we going to adjust MaxDeformationPressure now?

• Like 1

@Eversman I tried both proving and the new Ural map, not a single crash.  Try again on a clean install without mods and ST+ and then report it as a bug.  Or just wait for 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and try again then. 
If you have the time and patience you could try some things. First have a clean install, then copy level_proving and move it to media and load it as a regular map, not a proving ground  Then rename one of the default maps as level_proving and load it as a proving ground. Report your findings in a separate thread in the bugs/issues section of the forum, this is getting long to discuss it here.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, oh my gosh. I though you were yet to determine if ST+ is causing the issues. Okaay, pheew, got it finally.  Wow...that took way too long to diagnose.  Okay, so I found the problem.

@Localhost (Oovee)
Bug report: moving from one truck to another causes "Oops, Spintires crashed" when
HideDriverInCabinView="true".

ST+ Version: v.13 hotfix 1 (specifically, doesn't happen with v13 whether HideDriverInCabinView is set to true or false)
Game version: 1.6.0

@Eversman
Sorry friend, I was still using v.13, never bothered with hotfix1, because I never use the hood camera. 
Just set HideDriverInCabinView="false" and you're all set. (as a good measure also disable what Localhost recommended above SupportSkidSteering and MudSinkingFix)

Edited by Truckwolf
On 8/4/2020 at 8:07 PM, Truckwolf said:

Wait a minute, does this mean that support for tracked vehicles and the fix for the wheelmass bug are now incorporated into the game?

The game does not have track support, but it has differential steering (aka skid steering) so skid steering will be removed from ST+. However SupportAdditionalConstraints which adds support for the constraints needed to make stable tracks will remain.
As for the wheelmass bug, most of what ST+ addressed is now in the game, however suspension stiffness still depends on wheel mass.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:07 PM, Truckwolf said:

How are we going to adjust MaxDeformationPressure now?

This will not be possible anymore.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, Eversman said:

i dont know if i should Post it under bug because ST+ is no official programm from oovee

ST+ is indeed NOT an official release from Oovee, so please report ST+ bugs here and not in the bug subforum, which should be reserved for bugs in the vanilla game or its editor.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:45 PM, Eversman said:

Only tracked vehicles didn´t work right now 

2 things needs to be adapted in tracked vehicles made for ST+:

1. they have their SkidSteeringMode defined on a per-wheel basis (was easier to code that way back then), while the game now wants this in <TruckData>/SteeringMode.
  2. their <Motor> section list total transmission ratios for each gear and engine torque, while the game, as usual, wants wheel "ideal" angular velocity (in rad/s) for each gear, and the the torque that will by split over the wheels (ie: engine torque divided by total transmission ratio).

Other than that they are supposed to work.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, Truckwolf said:

Bug report: moving from one truck to another causes "Oops, Spintires crashed" when HideDriverInCabinView="true".

Okay, fixed that one and BatteryPoweredWinch today.

Lastly, I'll wait for at least patch 1.6.2 before releasing ST+ v14. Rechecking all ST+ options takes times, and hopefully 1.6.1 will be short-lived.
That said, no, I do not know when 1.6.2 will come out, at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

2 things needs to be adapted in tracked vehicles made for ST+:

1. they have their SkidSteeringMode defined on a per-wheel basis (was easier to code that way back then), while the game now wants this in <TruckData>/SteeringMode.
  2. their <Motor> section list total transmission ratios for each gear and engine torque, while the game, as usual, wants wheel "ideal" angular velocity (in rad/s) for each gear, and the the torque that will by split over the wheels (ie: engine torque divided by total transmission ratio).

Other than that they are supposed to work.

I noticed the thing with the move of the steering mode already. have to look at it. if i can modify the xml to get them work. would be so cool.

@Truckwolf

no i have no more issues when switches from on truck to another. Thanks for the hint!

Edited by Eversman
8 hours ago, Fettbacke13 said:

Hi,

unfortunately, BatteryPoweredWinch still doesn't work for me. I reloaded ST+, but the result is the same - BatteryPoweredWinch='false', Game running, BatteryPoweredWinch='true', Oops, spintires chrashed. What can I do?

You answered your own question.

BatteryPoweredWinch='false', Game running

Edited by Eversman
9 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

It will be fixed in v.14. What you can do right now is wait.

Thanks that I have differently understood in the post of Localhost.

9 hours ago, Eversman said:

I like to play with BatteryPoweredWinch, thats my problem.

15 hours ago, Eversman said:

they meant:

when BatteryPoweredWinch='False', the game runs

when BatteryPoweredWinch='True', the game crashes