Oovee® Games

Working on the fixes!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right

Good news, fellas! 🙂 I contacted Zane and here is his reply. The bold and comment in italic are mine.    

will this version come this century? Otherwise i will ask my grandson in the future if there are still no medium or long logs at the kiosk.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Unster said:

@Truckwolf why would Zane ignore the log spawn issue for 2+ months?  This should be a 1-2 day fix at most.

Because a year ago, in addition to Steam protection, additional protection was added. It behaves unpredictably, and they don't know what to do about it at all.
Steam protection completely blocks the launch of the game, a year ago after the release of paid DLС this seemed too little, and additional protection was added that blocks the processing of some game files.
After that, the rocks disappeared, and later the logs and maybe something else is connected with this. It would be wise to remove additional protection to solve all the side issues with it, and then add it again. But during the year this is not done, in the same way copying Russian strings. It's a five minute case. 

PS: I just got it. After the year, in version 1.6.1 they tried to fix additional protection. As a result, one of the two rocks appeared, but the logs disappeared.

Edited by oldman777

@UnsterAre those questions rhetorical? Because it's probably best to direct them at the developers.  But if you actually want my opinion:

12 hours ago, Unster said:

Why isn't there any mention of the beta on this forum

That's a question for Zane. There's no mention of this on Steam also.
I think that if Zane prefers Discord he should let everybody know. Post a message here, post a message on Steam and bring the entire community together at one place. Right now the community is split into three parts, two of which feel ignored and forgotten. It will also be really nice if he can try and find at least one hour a week to go over messages and post some short replies acknowledging bugs, letting people know that they're working on them and so on. Little pep talks to keep the morale up.

and why isn't it open to everyone (it makes no sense to keep it private)?

I don't understand the question. All you have to do is to go on Discord and ask him. Everybody can join, all you have to do is ask.

And even more importantly, why would Zane ignore the log spawn issue for 2+ months?  This should be a 1-2 day fix at most.

He isn't ignoring the issue. This is him confirming it as bug (LINK)
So what you're asking really is "Why hasn't this bug been fixed sooner?"
Again, you should ask Zane. It seems a lot more complicated than it looks. While we were discussing it here with Oldman, PressureLine was also doing his own research on Discord and he found out that to get the logs to appear you have to buy the DLC. Alright, but then if you remove the DLC - they will keep spawning normally. His theory was that the DLC modifies the game's exe file, but he hasn't managed to confirm it with certainty. Based on what Oldman figured out and what Localhost has said here about the drm protection and the components of the exe (LINK)  we can probably assume that that is the case.

Thank you for reading this long post.

Edited by Truckwolf
  • Like 2

@TruckwolfYeah the questions were semi-rhetorical.  I was wondering if you had any answers to them after digging through the Discord channel.  I agree that the community should be attended to entirely, and if it's split into too many pieces then it should be unified in one place.  So when it comes to this forum, I'd suggest for Zane to either attend to it or shut it down.  It serves little purpose when it's open but largely ignored.

Regarding the log issue, yes I see Zane acknowledged it months ago, but from my own experience it doesn't mean anything was being done about it.  So yes, things can be acknowledged but ignored for a long time.  If it's something with Steam protection, then why the heck doesn't Oovee contact Steam for support?  They are customers of Steam.  Surely Steam would know what the issue is and how to resolve it.  I suspect Oovee has no interest in seeking a resolution to this.  I've never seen any other game developer leave their product this dysfunctional for this long, unless it was abandoned, hence my thinking along that line.

Ah, I see. Well no, nothing by Zane, the missing logs bug has been reported in the bug report channel as well and a user has replied that it will be fixed in 1.6.2.   (that's about it, unless I've missed something)

There's a few interesting bits I've saved:
1). Zee: "there's a bunch of hidden things in chernobyl. did you know you can spin the ride if you hit it? you can drive over cars and crush them"

2). Zee08/04/2020
"@Silent Hunter  (link to youtube video)
So far this vid show things are happening exactly as intended:
1-this truck has most of its weight on the front wheels, hence most resistance and traction potential is on the front.
2-AWD sends power to the wheels that have the least resistance.
3-obviously, flooring the acceleratior when all the torque can be sent to a single wheel is a good way to make it spin and lose all traction.
4-In any case, going to mud without a difflock is begging for trouble, which is exactly what you got"

Zee08/04/2020 "One thing that can be debated though about the drivetrain is whether it should be using fully open diffs that send all the power where there is the least resistance, or differentials that limit the difference in torque (that's basically limited slip diffs)."

3). And finally this interesting post:
Zee 08/04/2020
"Before the change, people wanted realistic, now it seems not so much?"

Edited by Truckwolf

@TruckwolfLooking at the dates of those posts, they were all shortly after the last update over 2 months ago.  Is there anything more recent?

It's silly for Zane to say that "people wanted realistic, now it seems not so much".  It distorts what I and others have been saying.  There's nothing realistic about a C-255 plowing through bumper-deep mud, which you can do with the new physics.  Likewise there's nothing realistic about a 2WD tractor getting stuck in ankle-deep mud.  There's really nothing realistic about the new / current physics.  Occasionally you may find a situation where the physics seem right, much like a broken clock is right twice a day.

Some people here make fun of SR, but as a long-time fan of realism and watching real-life offroading, I can tell you the physics there are much closer to realism than in the current ST, even if they are slightly on the easy side in deep mud, just slightly.  But they are predictable & consistent with the tire type & size that's selected.  ST has a long way to go compared to that.

Edited by Unster

Hopefully one day we'll see snow in game too. This is a list of features that Zane eventually plans to add to the game (taken from Discord):

Nextej05/13/2020

-New version of UAZ 496
-HD versions of textures (logs still up to come)
-New set of audio for vehicles
-Oil slick seen on water, when driving through a damaged truck.
-New version (model) of KrAZ 255
-New version (model) of Utility Box
-Return of D-537 back in game
-Possibly more attachements on B-66
-Mud physics and vehicle traction/friction
-Workshop map support
-Improvements to the editor
-Complete rewrite of the mud physics systems
-Snow
-Tracked vehicles
-New load types/gameplay modes
-Multiplayer saves
-Other trucks used to be certified mods back in the game

@oldman777Hello! Did you watch that video in the post above? I'd like to hear your thoughts on driving with unlocked differentials. Is this how it works in real life? One of your wheels starts spinning and suddenly all other wheels lose torque? Is this realistic?

Edited by Truckwolf
1 hour ago, Truckwolf said:

@oldman777Hello! Did you watch that video in the post above? I'd like to hear your thoughts on driving with unlocked differentials. Is this how it works in real life? One of your wheels starts spinning and suddenly all other wheels lose torque? Is this realistic?

I last saw this in real life in 1983, so I am a poor expert.

5 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

One of your wheels starts spinning and suddenly all other wheels lose torque? Is this realistic?

That is the concept of an open differential and yes that's how it works.  On a 4WD vehicle with a locked inter-axle differential (not diff lock), you'd have at least one wheel in the front and one wheel in the back with torque.  So in slippery conditions 4WD kind of becomes 2WD and 2WD becomes 1WD, without diff lock.

5 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

-New version of UAZ 496 -HD versions of textures (logs still up to come) -New set of audio for vehicles -Oil slick seen on water, when driving through a damaged truck. -New version (model) of KrAZ 255 -New version (model) of Utility Box -Return of D-537 back in game -Possibly more attachements on B-66 -Mud physics and vehicle traction/friction -Workshop map support -Improvements to the editor -Complete rewrite of the mud physics systems -Snow -Tracked vehicles -New load types/gameplay modes -Multiplayer saves -Other trucks used to be certified mods back in the game

Unfortunately that's a meaningless wishlist from months ago that probably has a low chance of being implemented.  Besides, most of the those things are already in MR and/or SR.  Sorry for being so negative, but I'm just very disappointed with this product.  "Ultimate offroad simulation"?  Not even close.

I've now adjusted 1.6.1 to my preferences. I've dropped PushResistance to 0.36 and at that value the wheels stopped shaking almost completely. They'll juuuuust barely vibrate if you manage to stop and rest one of your front wheels on a mud chunk. I've also noticed that the mud will push trucks backwards a little bit, combined with the high PushResistance this caused wheels to spin backwards. So I've decreased LinResistance to 0.45.  As a personal preference I've also increased SubstanceFriction back to 2.8. I've just finished one incredibly muddy map with those settings and without difflock and winch, the map is called «Весенний потоп» by -ХАНОХ-
I'm currently playing around with AllowedPenetrationDepth to see what effect (if any) it has on trucks,

Regarding difflocks: I see. But then, why is that fellow in the video saying that the other wheels should always spin at the same speed, because the front axle is synchronised with rear axles by the transfer case?
I should pick a book on the subject and edumacate myself.

@oldman777What truck did you drive? Лесовоз или дальнобой?

@UnsterYeah, I couldn't help but notice that you've been very frustrated lately. Why is that, if you don't mind me asking? Surely It can't be just one delayed update?  I've browsed through your older posts and at first you seemed so positive and excited about the game. This is post by you:

On 2/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, Unster said:

Hang in there.  The devs are dealing with a number of issues and they are a very small team.

At least by 1.4.0 you were understanding of the difficulties that Oovee faces as two person team and you were positive and hopeful about the future - it'll be fixed and everything is going to be alright again.
What happened to you between 1.4.0 and 1.6.1? How did you went from "hang in there" to "this is a sad broken mess that's likely dead"?

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Truckwolf said:

@oldman777What truck did you drive? Лесовоз или дальнобой?

Neither one nor the other.
Basically KamAZ 5420, without any trailers, for short distances, about 100 kilometers, from the railway into the depths of the forest. The cargo is mainly concrete and metal structures. So it has little to do with the game.

• Like 2

@TruckwolfYou could say my patience with this game has run out.  This game has had bugs left behind for a long time before.  That part isn't new and it used to be understandable.  But now it's much worse with these game-breaking bugs left behind for this long and such poor communication, at least on this forum.  So I've given up on ST.

36 minutes ago, Truckwolf said:

Regarding difflocks: I see. But then, why is that fellow in the video saying that the other wheels should always spin at the same speed, because the front axle is synchronised with rear axles by the transfer case?
I should pick a book on the subject and edumacate myself.

Because there are multiple types of differential locks - a good example is axial differential lock (when you lock both wheels on axis) and central lock (when you lock all axles that are driven), the latter one being related to transfer case power distribution. I am not sure if the game makes difference between those. It is, however, as far as I know, and I am no expert, sadly.

Edited by Fairey Gannet
Typos.
3 minutes ago, Fairey Gannet said:

central lock (when you lock all axles that are driven). I am not sure if the game makes difference between those.

That's how AWD works in this game (or used to prior to 1.6.0) and IRL as well.  There's also 4WD which comes on automatically as needed.  There's where the transfer case locks up to connect all axles.  I think diff lock only applies to individual axles as that's where the differentials are.

• Like 1

@ Truckwolf.

The diff locks in the game are a, one type fits all, convenience lock, which drive all of the wheels at the same speed, on any surface..

None of the trucks in game have an all wheel lock system in real life, the same as this.

All have open diffs. Some have inter axle locks. None have cross axle locks, which would be required to lock all wheels together, (modern trucks do have this system available). Some, high low range transfer boxes.

the ones with inter locks, still have open diffs. Some have permanent 6 x 6 but no locks.

The Gaz 66 is unique in having open diffs with auto lockers. The big Maz has 7 diffs, permanent 8 x 8.

The Uaz/B-157/B-131, have no locks. The Kraz, rear axle inter lock 2/6 drive.

Some have 2/4 2/6 selectable wheel drive to prevent axle wind up wear, when there is no inter axle diff installed.

The Ural, permanent 6 x 6 with axle interlock.

It's a game!

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Trackrod_ST Thank you for explaining that! I'll do some reading on the matter. All I knew up to this point was that Zil-131 had it's rear diffs welded. And I though the same went for Gaz-66, I have no idea what an auto locker even is.

2 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

It's a game!

Nonsence! Next you'll be claiming that the Earth is round...(smh)

It's not quite round, but near enough.

The 131 has welded axles, but with diffs like any other.

The Gaz has auto lockers. They are open until one wheel spins, then cams within the diff, will fly out and lock it and unlock when the wheel gains grip, all without intervention from the driver. This leads to its good reputation off road.

The B80 weighs about 3.6 ton, the greater part on the front wheels. I have several 2 wheel drive tractors. They have poor traction without weight on the lift arms, about 2 ton in this case. Certainly no permanent diff lock, if any.

Reduce tyre pressure on trucks, is only for use when empty or lightly loaded, not fully loaded.

Some modern Kamaz army types have cross and inter axle lockers, but not our one.

That's realism for you.

Quite clearly that lot is beyond the scope of our game (sorry simulator), but we have a representation of all the various types to enjoy

• Thanks 1

Is there a difference between limited slip diffs and autolocking diffs?

I've picked up a copy of Е.Кончев - Автомобили Советской Армии 1946-1991  (E.Konchev - Trucks of the Soviet Army)
It says that in 1960 Gaz-66 had limited slip cam diffs. In 1971 it received autolocking differentials.

1 hour ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Some modern Kamaz army types have cross and inter axle lockers, but not our one.

Yeah, the first Kamaz to have locking differentials like the ones in-game came out in like 1997 (I think, I forgot the exact  year, but it's between 1992 and 1997).  Knowing that, and seeing comments that only Zil-131 and Gaz-66 have any type of difflocks, and seeing Alexander Oblivin driving his Ural-5557 without diff locks is the reason why I adopted this playstyle without ever locking the differentials. I assumed that every other truck had open diffentials, but obviously there's a lot more to it and I aim to rectify my lack of knowledge about differentials immediately. I've also started collecting the manuals for various trucks. And just now in my game I've returned Gaz-66's DiffLockType="Always".  I had it removed some time ago.

@ Truckwolf

The limited slip diff doesn't give full locking, (max 80%). Auto lockers are full lock across the axle. Only the Gaz 66 has this system.

The Zil 131 doesn't have any locks, only 4/6 wheel drive, (to prevent axle wind up) and high low ratio. Using low ratio will automatically engage the front axle. This in effect will lock the 3 axles together, still with open diffs of course.

The Ural system is 6 x 6. To prevent wind up on road, it has a differential between the axles located at the transfer box. This means that all axles are free, as are the diffs. Perfect for tarmac, but off road it can cause the 1 wheel spin effect. To prevent this, this diff can be locked. This will join all 3 axles, but still with open diffs.

All the above is real life, not game.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

@ Truckwolf

The limited slip diff doesn't give full locking, (max 80%). Auto lockers are full lock across the axle. Only the Gaz 66 has this system.

The Zil 131 doesn't have any locks, only 4/6 wheel drive, (to prevent axle wind up) and high low ratio. Using low ratio will automatically engage the front axle. This in effect will lock the 3 axles together, still with open diffs of course.

The Ural system is 6 x 6. To prevent wind up on road, it has a differential between the axles located at the transfer box. This means that all axles are free, as are the diffs. Perfect for tarmac, but off road it can cause the 1 wheel spin effect. To prevent this, this diff can be locked. This will join all 3 axles, but still with open diffs.

All the above is real life, not game.

I've been discussing implementation of this kind of thing a bit and I think it would be a great idea to have the transmissions be exact recreations in Hardcore, leaving the arcadey all-wheel-lock etc. to Casual.

• Like 2
On 10/16/2020 at 5:43 PM, DeltΔV said:

I've been discussing implementation of this kind of thing a bit and I think it would be a great idea to have the transmissions be exact recreations in Hardcore, leaving the arcadey all-wheel-lock etc. to Casual.

Depends on how far you would want to take it, given the large number of variations involved, but it sounds like a good idea in principle.

There's already a huge wishlist and remember it's somebody else, that has to do the work.

• Like 2

Here are the real life configurations of some of the trucks we have in game, (for interest sake)

I will expand on it, as and when.

This first group belongs to permanently coupled axles.
This means that all axles drive at the same speed, good for off road,
but on the road this would give an unacceptable high wear and fuel consumption.
This is partly solved by disconnecting the front axle, which leaves the rear two still joined because there is no inter axle diff.

Uaz 469 4x2/4

wheel drive. 2/4
Transfer. 2 spd. 4 wd in low range only.
Diff Locks X axle. No.
Diff locks inter axle. No.

Zil 157 6x4/6
wheel drive. 4/6
Transfer. 2 spd. 6 wd in low range only.
Diff Locks X axle. No.

Zil 131 6x4/6
wheel drive. 4/6
Transfer. 2 spd. 6 wd in low range only. Front axle engaged automatically when low range selected.
Diff Locks X axle. No.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kraz 255. 6x4/6
As above but with an inter axle diff at the transfer box. This will give completely free axles when on the road, but when locked, will put them in the same condition as the above group for off road use. ..

wheel drive. 4/6
Transfer. 2 spd. 6 wd in low range only.
Diff Locks X axle. No.
Diff locks inter axle. Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zil 130. 4x2, 5 spd.

wheel drive. 2
Transfer. No
Diff Locks X axle. No.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gaz 66. 4x4. 5 spd

wheel drive. 2/4
Transfer. 2 spd
Diff Locks X axle. Yes. LSD (early). Autolocker (late) .

Kamaz 4310. AWD 6x6, 5 spd.

Wheel drive. 6
Transfer. 2 spd.
Diff Locks X axle. No

Ural 4320. AWD 6x6, 5 spd

Wheel drive. 6
Transfer. 2 spd.
Diff Locks X axle. No
----------------------------------------------------------------
Maz 535/7. AWD 8x8.

Wheel drive. 8. Torque converter with manual locking. 3 spd manual hydro-mechanical planetary.
Transfer. 2 spd. with diff lock.
Diff Locks X axle. Yes. Front 2 axle, LSD. Rear 2 axle, Locked, with the capability to unlock automatically on hard surface corners, but remain locked on loose surfaces.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
Updating.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2