Oovee® Games

Working on the fixes!

1 hour ago, Unster said:

With the B-80 it could be that the front wheels sink too much or the rear wheels don't have enough traction.  I'm think it's more of the latter.  Those huge mud tires should have good grip in the mud, even if the front wheels are partially in the mud.

The problem could be also with weight balance on longitudal axis. When tractor has some counterweight in the back (like plows, mowers, tillers or scrapers) center of weight naturally moves back and front wheels aren't so prone of sinking, even in the soft soil. Probably same goes with dragged weight like a cart or trailer - as drag puts more pressure over main wheels, hence easing on the steering ones. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right

Good news, fellas! 🙂 I contacted Zane and here is his reply. The bold and comment in italic are mine.    

will this version come this century? Otherwise i will ask my grandson in the future if there are still no medium or long logs at the kiosk.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Fairey Gannet said:

The problem could be also with weight balance on longitudal axis.

Yes, especially when it comes to wheel mass which as we discussed remains at least somewhat bugged.  If those huge rear wheels are in fact lighter than the front and the front is heavier than the rear, that could explain the traction problems this tractor has.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Unster said:

With the B-80 it could be that the front wheels sink too much or the rear wheels don't have enough traction.  I'm think it's more of the latter.  Those huge mud tires should have good grip in the mud, even if the front wheels are partially in the mud.

Why do you think that it should be any better than that oh-so overpowered C-255 that you say shouldn't be able to move in mud, with its big mud tires? You're expecting too much from this little 2WD tractor. The problem is that mud is the same everywhere, so we complain about being able to drive through a 'bog' (which doesn't exist in the game, just deeper mud) and wonder why we can't move when we get something that would, by common sense, immediately get stuck in most kinds of deep mud. I'm confused why Oovee are adding so many road vehicles, which people are never going to use because the maps are like 70% deep mud, so their work is going to waste. These things get stuck all the time. It's less about the vehicle than the terrain.

Also, wheels are apparently a difficult thing for this game. The E-167 was useless up until a recent update, but even now it can't go as fast through mud as its real life lookalike. It only works at slow speeds. This is a fundamental problem that was not addressed in the 'mud rework' (which, as far as I can tell, seems to be in response to your opinions of mud being too easy to get out of, but has only made it more tedious).

• Like 1
On 8/24/2020 at 9:14 PM, Alex Cameron said:

Есть у меня одно предположение, что они готовят ещё один "Пакет транспортных средств 02", с которым выйдут и все исправления. Видимо, ждать не долго, модели автомобилей готовы и скриншоты их есть в открытом доступе

Where did you find these images?

Где вы нашли эти изображения?

2 hours ago, oldman777 said:
2 hours ago, Alex Cameron said:

Thanks guys. I suppose these people are employed by Oovee too.

Interesting, this rear grabber never appeared in the game.4psoBcuIhAg.jpg

Never seen this before either, even though it was posted in February:

kjIS8cmbsRs.jpg

5 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

Thanks guys. I suppose these people are employed by Oovee too.

Not employed.  Most likely Zane occasionally buys their models.  Making truck models is their speciality.  I've seen some of their work as mods for MR & ST.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

Why do you think that it should be any better than that oh-so overpowered C-255 that you say shouldn't be able to move in mud, with its big mud tires? You're expecting too much from this little 2WD tractor. The problem is that mud is the same everywhere, so we complain about being able to drive through a 'bog' (which doesn't exist in the game, just deeper mud) and wonder why we can't move when we get something that would, by common sense, immediately get stuck in most kinds of deep mud. I'm confused why Oovee are adding so many road vehicles, which people are never going to use because the maps are like 70% deep mud, so their work is going to waste. These things get stuck all the time. It's less about the vehicle than the terrain.

Also, wheels are apparently a difficult thing for this game. The E-167 was useless up until a recent update, but even now it can't go as fast through mud as its real life lookalike. It only works at slow speeds. This is a fundamental problem that was not addressed in the 'mud rework' (which, as far as I can tell, seems to be in response to your opinions of mud being too easy to get out of, but has only made it more tedious).

You're making some assumptions that don't really reflect what I've said & suggested, or maybe just what I had in mind but didn't adequately explain.  It was never my desire for the B-80 to be as good in mud as the C-255.  I don't think it should be, primarily because it's only a RWD.  I was just saying that it's too impotent in mud, even for being a RWD.  Those big rear wheels should have a little more grip, IMO.  Of course not too much.  Nobody here should really be interested in seeing any truck plow through deep mud (bumper-deep).  If you are, you're probably playing the wrong game.

Anyway, don't blame me for the mud rework not having gone as we had hoped for, I wasn't involved in any way.  You complained about the mud prior to the rework as well.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Unster said:

You're making some assumptions that don't really reflect what I've said & suggested, or maybe just what I had in mind but didn't adequately explain.  It was never my desire for the B-80 to be as good in mud as the C-255.  I don't think it should be, primarily because it's only a RWD.  I was just saying that it's too impotent in mud, even for being a RWD.  Those big rear wheels should have a little more grip, IMO.  Of course not too much.  Nobody here should really be interested in seeing any truck plow through deep mud (bumper-deep).  If you are, you're probably playing the wrong game.

Anyway, don't blame me for the mud rework not having gone as we had hoped for, I wasn't involved in any way.  You complained about the mud prior to the rework as well.

Fair points here about the vehicles, I agree, and I will admit I didn't really think much when writing that other than having a hunch that someone at Oovee saw your posts about deep mud being too easy to climb out of, tried to compensate for it, and ended up affecting all kinds of mud.

However, I don't think I played much of a role in making the mud worse. I honestly cannot remember asking for more difficult mud, but rather the opposite, as I believe that it has only really been a surface that simply slows you down, without much complexity (I am aware that the system is more complex than I could comprehend, but I believe the emergent behaviour of it is more simple). If you can find an example of me saying that the mud is too easy, fair enough, but currently my opinion is that if we're going to be fully stuck in deep mud with the most capable vehicles, then it'd better stop making up so much of most of the maps. I never really interpreted the 'deep mud' as something that we should get stuck in, because it's almost impossible to plot a route on a map without going through it.

I do not belive, that any of you is to blame for the mud being much more difficult, than before. As we were informed, mud behaviour system was modified, along with weight distribution over axles and even each wheel independently, as well as tread type on the tyre and so on. Now, previous system probably had its quirks and way to balance things, with new variables it probably isn't working as intended, in some aspects at least. It was a big update, I can't honestly remember when mud behaviour was changed to this extend. Of course it has faults and needs tuning. But looking from practical perspective: last updates gave us some interesting (and finally useful!) B-class 2WD and AWD lorries. As it is now, they are being borderline useless. There was a lot of effort in them at it shows. Last update was probably aimed more at SHERP, so lighter vehicles probably need some balancing back - my bet is they will get that rebalance, since it would be very unwise and wasteful to render about half of the all lorries towable junk at best of times. I can only guess, that some problems need time to solve.

Now, if pictures posted in this tread before are really showing planned "Vehicle Pack 02 DLC" content, then we can assume, that except 8x8 KamAZ 6350 counterpart, all will be prone to the same faults, as they are UAZ and Zil variations, so again light, some RWD only. Again, it would be bad idea to throw high-quality, varied and detail models without any use. It is my guesswork only here, though.

1 hour ago, Fairey Gannet said:

Now, if pictures posted in this tread before are really showing planned "Vehicle Pack 02 DLC" content

I just assumed. The creators of these models themselves say that some of them will be in the new DLC for money. If so, then this is even better. There is a greater chance that the physics of dirt will become adequate again, otherwise no one will buy this add-on.

Edited by Alex Cameron
Не верно передал мысль.
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

If you can find an example of me saying that the mud is too easy, fair enough, but currently my opinion is that if we're going to be fully stuck in deep mud with the most capable vehicles, then it'd better stop making up so much of most of the maps. I never really interpreted the 'deep mud' as something that we should get stuck in, because it's almost impossible to plot a route on a map without going through it.

No I didn't mean that you had complained about the mud being too easy, just that you had complained (specifically about the E-167 being incapable in mud).  And I agreed with that.  Keep in mind, I never said "mud is too easy" or "make the mud harder".  I was a lot more specific than that.  My main complaint was that highway tires were more capable in mud than offroad tires, and also that large tires like the E-167 were less capable than small tires (very similar to your complaint).  So I think we were mostly on the same page.  Oovee decided to do much more than anyone here asked for.  Well good luck to them.

32 minutes ago, Alex Cameron said:

I just assumed. The creators of these models themselves say that some of them will be in the new DLC for money. If so, then this is even better. There is a greater chance that the physics of dirt will become adequate again, otherwise no one will buy this add-on.

So, if that would be the case, I totally agree. If new content is to follow-through on latest modifications, it needs to be tuned. I only assume it is not so simple - I know nothing about writing the codes and stuff. Since multiple requests were raised here and there, and we saw them implemented fully or partially, I assume they are working on it now, taking the feedback into account. After all, change of mud physics was needed at some point anyway, after ironing it out it will be major progress. We will wait and see.

49 minutes ago, Unster said:

No I didn't mean that you had complained about the mud being too easy, just that you had complained (specifically about the E-167 being incapable in mud).  And I agreed with that.  Keep in mind, I never said "mud is too easy" or "make the mud harder".  I was a lot more specific than that.  My main complaint was that highway tires were more capable in mud than offroad tires, and also that large tires like the E-167 were less capable than small tires (very similar to your complaint).  So I think we were mostly on the same page. 

Thanks for clarifying, I'm glad to see that there's more to it than I thought. I was going to be more specific about it myself, but that would've made the post too long. Maybe I'll make a new topic about the way I see mud in the game.

I actually welcome the change in physics, it's defintiely more then editing the .xml files as the change is most noticable when selecting first segment of first gear, to achieve a slow crawl.

Normally, I would engauge it to gain a small amount of traction allowing me to slog through the mud without little help from other vehicles or winches.

I would notice that if I did that, the wheels wouldn't "lock". What would happen instead is that the wheels would behave like a limtied slip diff where some wheels would turn faster then others, espechially when in deep mud.

With the new update, it seems that this limited slip diff problem had been fixed, but in doing so removed this ability.

As for the crashes, Spintires would crash randomly whenever I tried to open the "advanced" menu, I provided a dump file if anyone's interested.

spintires_2117156_crash_2020_9_5T13_6_26C0.mdmp

Edited by BenDragoia81037
20 hours ago, Alex Cameron said:

So what is it???

Really? Does we have this issue again. I can remember we where having this issue with the Aftermath DLC.

It´s really no fun to play ST at all. 

Edited by Eversman
5 hours ago, Eversman said:

Really? Does we have this issue again. I can remember we where having this issue with the Aftermath DLC.

It's probably due to the buoyancy changes introduced for the Sherp.  It's a bug, but the least of the troubles with ST now.

Edited by Unster
10 hours ago, rarum said:

Is there any information about update? I haven't played ST for 1 month. Are they waiting until all fans stop playing this crap? 

Let's, in the topic of errors, we will only discuss errors and methods of solving them, and ask questions not on the topic in the right topic? Good? Thank.

• Confused 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, Zane (Oovee) said:

We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right now in preparation for v1.6.2. 

will this version come this century? Otherwise i will ask my grandson in the future if there are still no medium or long logs at the kiosk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2