Oovee® Games

Working on the fixes!

Hello! I had some time to play today and I noticed some things:

1). b30, gaz-66 and k-700 have WaterDisplacementRatio on their wheels. Why is that?

2) Has anyone noticed that there are some changes to the waters class files? It's not really noticeable with 1.6.0 colours, but as soon as you swap env_lut files and daytimestates from previous versions you get brown water that looks like this. (if anybody else, like me, likes to swap colours - change your waters class files as well to fix this)
1630219681_brownwater.png.b4138f31e4e90e02ef1d917086923975.png

3). c255 wheels shake/twitch in deep mud with PressureLine's settings.  Could somebody confirm this?
 Following Unster's explanation of what PushResistance does I decreased it from "1.0" to "0.5" and the twitching stopped. Are there any downsides to using, say, "0.6" instead of "1.0"?

4). While c255 was sitting completely still half buried in mud I also noticed something else. Two of the rear wheels were slowly rotating in place.   As if the wheels were hanging in the air and some inertia was still causing them to slowly rotate, except the truck was buried in mud.

Edited by Truckwolf
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right

Good news, fellas! 🙂 I contacted Zane and here is his reply. The bold and comment in italic are mine.    

Another news: Soon the snow will fall in Russia.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Truckwolf said:

Are there any downsides to using, say, "0.6" instead of "1.0"?

Probably you'll get faster sinking in mud to the bottom, but I haven't tried values below 1.  I think I've also noticed the slow wheel rotation in deep mud.  Deep mud is quite broken as I've said probably too many times. 😜

14 hours ago, Unster said:

Probably you'll get faster sinking in mud to the bottom

God forbid! Look what happened to me yesterday. And that's with PushResistance "1.0".

1417758312_160deformationpressure.thumb.jpg.2cee773dd9acd0a8b6e69e3796ca7962.jpg

Today I tried the default media.xml which also has PushResistance="1.0".  c255's wheels will juuuust barely twitch. But again they rotate on their own when the truck is immobile in mud. And although I was on a relatively flat area I noticed the truck slooowly sliding backwards, one wheel was slowly rotating backwards, while another was slowly rotating forwards.
I'm going to play for a while with "0.6", to see how it feels.

P.S. Could somebody tell me how to hide screenshots in a collapsible box or spoiler tag?

Edited by Truckwolf
On 8/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, Truckwolf said:

God forbid! Look what happened to me yesterday.

Well, it kinda does look like a massive bog...

On 8/22/2020 at 2:45 AM, Unster said:

Probably you'll get faster sinking in mud to the bottom,

There's another problem: sinking in mud happens regardless of what the truck is doing. If you stop, you slowly sink all the way to the bottom, which should only happen if you get stuck and dig it all out from under you. Normally, something would sink over the course of days and weeks, but our trucks do it over the course of seconds, after loading up a map. 😜

1 hour ago, DeltΔV said:

If you stop, you slowly sink all the way to the bottom

Waaaait a minute, that shouldn't happen (I think. I haven't noticed it. Even in the situation depicted on the screenshot above. As long as I stood still I didn't sink any further). 
Are you using ST+? Did you disable MudSinkingFix?

Edited by Truckwolf
6 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

There's another problem: sinking in mud happens regardless of what the truck is doing. If you stop, you slowly sink all the way to the bottom, which should only happen if you get stuck and dig it all out from under you. Normally, something would sink over the course of days and weeks, but our trucks do it over the course of seconds, after loading up a map. 

That's always been the case with ST.  The mud acts quite swampy, even if it doesn't look that way.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:39 AM, Zane (Oovee) said:

Hello,

Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right now in preparation for v1.6.2. 

I would still suggest to reply to each thread individually, even with a very short, automated response (noted, known issue, etc.) if at all possible.   That way people know if an issue is actually noted or if it fell through the cracks.  It often looks like the latter on this forum.  For example that log spawn issue which one might think would have been a next-day hotfix (unless Oovee doesn't care about customers who don't buy every DLC) really should be acknowledged and fixed ASAP.  Same goes for the crashes some people are experiencing.

Edited by Unster
2 часа назад rarum сказал:

Есть ли какие-то оценки, когда 1.6.2 будет доступно? Игра на 1.6.1 демотивирует. 

Есть у меня одно предположение, что они готовят ещё один "Пакет транспортных средств 02", с которым выйдут и все исправления. Видимо, ждать не долго, модели автомобилей готовы и скриншоты их есть в открытом доступе:

image.png.b2276b5ef8eb389c4d577dfb84ce27cc.png

Edited by Alex Cameron
Не полный текст
  • Like 2

How about keeping this thread and others in English, so everyone can read it without google translate.  And if you don't speak English, it's a good thing to learn.  Use google translate if you need to.

• Sad 1
2 минуты назад Унстер сказал:

Как насчет того, чтобы эта и другие ветки были на английском, чтобы каждый мог читать их без гугл-переводчика. А если вы не говорите по-английски, выучить это полезно. При необходимости воспользуйтесь возможностью переводчиком Google.

>Use google translate if you need to.
Так пользуйтесь. Если я могу, то почему это проблема для вас? Странно вы рассуждаете. 🤔

Для тех, у кого аллергия на переводчик, I'll write in through a translator.
Let's get back to the question: what parameter of the new physics of dirt determines that the thinner the wheel, the faster it will sink into the ground?

57 minutes ago, Unster said:

How about keeping this thread and others in English, so everyone can read it without google translate.  And if you don't speak English, it's a good thing to learn.  Use google translate if you need to.

We English sure are lazy about languages eh? What's wrong with using it yourself every now and then? If you have the plugin for Chrome you can just highlight text, hit the button, and get a translation to English instantly. Not that hard. True, it's the English part of the forum, but it can't be that painful, anyone who doesn't speak English has to do it to read anything. I imagine that would be pretty tedious. And not everyone has the time or resources to go casually learning one of the most irregular and confusing languages in the world.

Edited by DeltΔV
5 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

We English sure are lazy about languages eh? What's wrong with using it yourself every now and then? If you have the plugin for Chrome you can just highlight text, hit the button, and get a translation to English instantly. Not that hard. True, it's the English part of the forum, but it can't be that painful, anyone who doesn't speak English has to do it to read anything. I imagine that would be pretty tedious. And not everyone has the time or resources to go casually learning one of the most irregular and confusing languages in the world.

I understand that point of view.  However, English isn't just another language.  It's the accepted language for international communication and it's been that way for a long time.  Everyone really should learn it as a 2nd or 3rd language or whatever it is for them.  FYI, I'm bilingual myself, so I can say this and not be arrogant because of it. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex Cameron said:

Для тех, у кого аллергия на переводчик, I'll write in through a translator.
Let's get back to the question: what parameter of the new physics of dirt determines that the thinner the wheel, the faster it will sink into the ground?

As mentioned on this forum, this is an old issue and not related to the new physics.  It's the mass of the wheel, not its thickness (I guess this got mixed up in the translation).

BTW, as an "Alex Cameron" shouldn't you be able to speak English? ;)

Edited by Unster
42 minutes ago, Unster said:

Как упоминалось на этом форуме, это старая проблема, не имеющая отношения к новой физике. Дело в массе колеса, а не в его толщине (думаю, в переводе это перепутали).

No, the translator conveyed the essence of the question surprisingly accurately.

In version 1.5.1, the B-80 could drive until it ran into deep mud (and could still get out, in mild cases), and in 1.6.1 it cuts through the mud. This problem did not exist, which means that the issue is clearly not in the mass of the wheel. The B-130 does the same, but not so obvious.
Cars with wider wheels do not sink into the mud. For this, the tire pressure was added to the game, so that when the wheels are deflated, the resistance to immersion in mud increases. Well, logically, this is how it should work.
So there should be such a parameter. 
🤔

2717.gif

SO. In the parameters of the wheels, vehicles have the following item: "Width = x.xxx". The default value for B-80 is 0.172, and if you change it to 0.355, the tractor stops falling into the mud. Checkmate. This means that the mud has a parameter that considers that the thinner the wheel, the faster it will sink in the mud. It remains to correct the absurdity of this parameter.

1111.gif

• Like 1

Oh OK.  I thought you were talking about the wheel mass bug, where light wheels make trucks heavier and vice versa.  This width affecting sinking may be a new feature, I'm not sure.  Anyway, the parameter that affects that is the PushResistance in media.xml.

10 minutes ago, Unster said:

Ну ладно. Я думал, вы говорите об ошибке, связанной с массой колес, когда легкие колеса утяжеляют грузовики и наоборот. Эта ширина, влияющая на опускание, может быть новой функцией, я не уверен. В любом случае, параметр, который влияет на это, - это PushResistance в media.xml.

I've already tried to play with "PushResistance", it doesn't help, the B-80 still sinks out of the blue. There must be something else. I will look for...

1 hour ago, Alex Cameron said:

I've already tried to play with "PushResistance", it doesn't help, the B-80 still sinks out of the blue. There must be something else. I will look for...

There's only so much we can do via the mud & friction values in the xml files.  Complete physics changes can only be done by the devs.

17 hours ago, Alex Cameron said:

This means that the mud has a parameter that considers that the thinner the wheel, the faster it will sink in the mud. It remains to correct the absurdity of this parameter.

But it makes sense, no? The thinner the wheel, the lower the surface area, and since pressure=force/area, the smaller the area, the higher the pressure, so small thin wheels like this will exert a greater pressure on the surface beneath them, which means they will sink. I don't see this as a problem of the thing not being very offroad capable (does it look like it?), but rather a problem that there are no places to use it on any map because there's too much deep mud, ironically enough. With better map design this would encourage strategic driving to avoid getting stuck, but most maps right now are just "here drive through this mud". 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

But it makes sense, no? The thinner the wheel, the lower the surface area, and since pressure=force/area, the smaller the area, the higher the pressure, so small thin wheels like this will exert a greater pressure on the surface beneath them, which means they will sink. 

There is logic here, yes, but only if we have transport, it should be useful at least in some way. We even have achievements for the B-130, but how to get them if it is not possible to get to the right place?
B-80 is just a separate topic. It falls into the ground from the very start, and this is no longer realism, this is stupidity. Tractors are plowing fields ... Would it be comical if, driving past the fields, you saw the harvest of tractors stuck with the front wheels? And in our game to arrange such a harvest is a trifling matter. The B-80 has few functions: 1) pull cars, 2) pull carts, 3) load logs. The first is immediately crossed out, he is not able to pull himself out of the mud. The second is the same. And here's the third ... Well, let's say you hauled a B-80 in some C-255 to the loading point. But he will not be able to load the logs, he will again fall into the mud.

With the B-80 it could be that the front wheels sink too much or the rear wheels don't have enough traction.  I'm think it's more of the latter.  Those huge mud tires should have good grip in the mud, even if the front wheels are partially in the mud.