Oovee® Games

Working on the fixes!

Hello,

Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right now in preparation for v1.6.2. 

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Rather than posting in each thread individually, here's a global thread to say thank you for reporting the issues you may have found. We acknowledge them and we are busy fixing them right

Good news, fellas! 🙂 I contacted Zane and here is his reply. The bold and comment in italic are mine.    

will this version come this century? Otherwise i will ask my grandson in the future if there are still no medium or long logs at the kiosk.

Posted Images

I love Russian technology / cars and this game and have always been loyal to ST. Since the Sherp DLC it has become unplayable with many trucks. Only the new trucks with tire pressure and the Sherp work. Everything else has huge problems. The worst are with UAZ A-469 and Tractor B-80. If that is the price on the Sherp, then I'll forego.

- In addition, there are more than an average number of crashes when vehicles are standing together and you click on 'Advanced'.

- The use of the winch points also creates many problems. So you often have to click 'Advanced' twice until the winch points are displayed.

SpinTires 1.61 New Mud
This recording with the B-80 shows how Oovee has imagined playing the game since v1.61. It is not / hardly possible to leave the workshop. How should you play with it. Oovee you broke the game. Oovee give me the game back.

In the past, the game has always stood out from MD / SR by NOT following the trend of not always betting on current cars. The charm of SpinTires are the old vehicles. I don't need Fords, etc. Well, the Sherp is a RU car but a modern one. I would have found other DLC more effective or new professional maps if there were no more old RU vehicles.
If Oovee wanted to break new ground, there would be nothing against taking the stand from Spintires and making a Spintires v2.0 with modern vehicles - everyone could choose what they want and new money would also flow for Oovee.

59 minutes ago, Lord Fleisch said:

Since the Sherp DLC it has become unplayable with many trucks. Only the new trucks with tire pressure and the Sherp work. Everything else has huge problems. The worst are with UAZ A-469 and Tractor B-80. If that is the price on the Sherp, then I'll forego.

That's because the physics are being overhauled but the good news is that the overhaul isn't finished and it should get better.  Oovee should have done the first release of the new physics on a beta branch and gather feedback before releasing it live.  It was likely the self-imposed July deadline for the Sherp DLC that made Oovee release the game in the current state at the end of July.  It's not a good idea to impose a deadline on yourself too far ahead.  I'd rather have the update delayed and proper.

BTW, the problem with that tractor isn't that it gets stuck in deep mud, that's actually proper, the problem is the mud is too soft in too many places.  I say adjust the environment to match the vehicle's capabilities.  Don't make the vehicle capabilities unrealistically high.

Edited by Unster
2 hours ago, Unster said:

I say adjust the environment to match the vehicle's capabilities.  Don't make the vehicle capabilities unrealistically high.

Correct Sir.

Oovee should take a look at the map „Forestry Expert“ from @Dexter Paris

this map is so realistic in terms of ground aspects.

I ever found the actual maps a big mudhole. 

Edited by Eversman
1 hour ago, oldman777 said:

Bring the old physics back to the game, at least for casual mode.

This is not solution because old physics had problem with big wheels like E167 has. Right way is listening to players. There on the forum is quite big community of players knowing a lot about real capabilities of truck, but usually I do not see any reaction from dev\managment. Bugs\enhancements reported half year ago are still without reaction. Instead of that devs are working on ""new physics" which is worse than old version. There should be balance between fixing old bugs and creating new "features"(bugs). Last thing is beta testing. I cannot imagine to release any product without beta testing. Management failed totally on this "DLC". Priority of "features" was wrong, lack of testing and finally no reactions to comunity.

6 minutes ago, rarum said:

This is not solution because old physics had problem with big wheels like E167 has.

Have already written about big wheels here. The game engine is not designed to use large wheels.

If they return the physics that was before the last updates, it will be called a miracle.

19 hours ago, Lord Fleisch said:

I l. The worst are with UAZ A-469 and Tractor B-80. If that is the price on the Sherp, then I'll forego.

-

I'm using the Uaz at the moment, to uncloak The River, The Hill, and Ural Challenge (not fully as you need the SHERP for that).

It performs exactly as I would expect it to. It whizzes round, just keep it away from deep mud, for which a road tyre utility is not suitable.

The B-80, is completely out of place, in this game,

A tractor of this type has poor traction due to the weight being forward on its  small tyres. It has to carry weight on its hydraulic lift, to be successful.

Deep mud and soft ground, as well as permanent diff lock, are a definite no-no, for this type of vehicle.

(If it was 4 x 4, that would be a different matter).

Edited by Trackrod_ST
3 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Have you tried the E167 lately.

It's an absolute beast in the new mud, unstoppable, exactly as it should be.

Previously, 20 trucks could be used in the game and 2 could not be used. Now it's the other way around.

I'm afraid that the opportunity to use all trucks will never be available to us.

B-80 не просто закапывается, он просто проваливается в грунт так, словно везде болото, а не почва. Это чушь. Как на таких машинах вспахивают поля, если он проваливается в грязи так, словно кругом масло, а не земля?

>Trackrod_ST

"The B-80, is completely out of place, in this game" - это субъективно. В версии 1.5.1 шалить на нём было весело, скажем, в связке с B-130. B-80 был забавной заменой стандартному крану у любого грузовика. Выходило весело. Сейчас совсем не весело, ведь ни B-80, ни B-130 не могут справиться с дорогой уже у гаража. Так не должно быть. Это не правильно.

45 minutes ago, oldman777 said:

Previously, 20 trucks could be used in the game and 2 could not be used. Now it's the other way around.

I'm afraid that the opportunity to use all trucks will never be available to us.

Well then, why would you want to bring back the old physics.  The game would still be broken, maybe less than now, but still broken.  Besides, it's probably not possible because the Sherp needed some of the new physics.  The solution then is to make the new physics work, not just bring back the old physics which solves nothing.

4 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

I'm using the Uaz at the moment, to uncloak The River, The Hill, and Ural Challenge (not fully as you need the SHERP for that).

It performs exactly as I would expect it to. It whizzes round, just keep it away from deep mud, for which a road tyre utility is not suitable.

The B-80, is completely out of place, in this game,

A tractor of this type has poor traction due to the weight being forward on its  small tyres. It has to carry weight on its hydraulic lift, to be successful.

Deep mud and soft ground, as well as permanent diff lock, are a definite no-no, for this type of vehicle.

(If it was 4 x 4, that would be a different matter).

I agree the Uaz performed pretty well with the new physics from what I saw, much better than with the old physics.  It actually seemed to get stuck in deep mud, rather than go over it like it used to.

The B-80 would surely benefit from AWD, but if it didn't have it IRL I don't think it should in the game.  Part of the solution like I said previously would be to adjust the softness of the mud and perhaps introduce some mud variety where it's semi-firm in most places but there's the occasional mud trap to watch out for.  And this mud trap should actually be sticky and you shouldn't be able to plow through it with your bumper like you can now with some vehicles, e.g. the C-255 with diff lock and AWD.

Edited by Unster

The main problem is map design, now. With the introduction of non-offroad oriented vehicles like the B431510 and B-500 (questionable decisions all around), the mud-spammed maps are too difficult for them. The way these maps were designed favoured the heavy offroad trucks, and the B-130 was just a meme. Now, if Oovee sort the terrain out, it could become a standard vehicle, and the status of 'worst truck' would be gone from the game, for the near future. Besides, the amount of mud there is and the lack of 'detour' paths that non-offroaders can take is not realistic. For some locations, sure, but not anywhere that people would live. Oovee needs to think about their map design now, and I have asked about their plans on revisiting the older maps, but they seem reluctant to do anything about them. This is a bad outlook to have, dismissing old work and refusing to improve it in favour of new content. If you want to make lots of the vehicles non-offroad, then make the maps suit them, and change the slogan of the game to 'Soviet Truck Simulator', rather than 'Offroad Simulator'. Well, you could keep it if you used mostly dirt roads rather than tarmac, I suppose.

6 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

Have you tried the E167 lately.

It's an absolute beast in the new mud, unstoppable, exactly as it should be.

Not when you spin the wheels too fast. The way friction changes with wheel speed is still broken. It makes sense for smaller wheels with lesser grip, but if you want to use wheels this big and the physics doesn't support them, it's not going to end well. Looking forward to the development of physics anyway, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Edited by DeltΔV
Grammatical correction
  • Like 1

Yes the E167 has too much of a traction difference between the wheels slipping and not.  I'm well aware there's a difference between static and dynamic friction IRL, but that applies mostly to grippy surfaces such as asphalt.  In mud the difference shouldn't be that huge.  There's not much static friction to begin with.

@Zane (Oovee), you are aware of the log spawn bug, right?  I think that bug deserves a quick hotfix.  To me it's not urgent since I'm waiting for additional physics improvements, but for players playing the game now that could be a massive game breaker.

14 minutes ago, Unster said:

@Zane (Oovee), you are aware of the log spawn bug, right?  I think that bug deserves a quick hotfix.  To me it's not urgent since I'm waiting for additional physics improvements, but for players playing the game now that could be a massive game breaker.

He is. They're rushing out a fix, last I heard.

1 hour ago, DeltΔV said:

He is. They're rushing out a fix, last I heard.

OK.  It's just that it's been 2 weeks since this got broken.

I'm enjoying this version.

I hope it doesn't get softened too much in the update, 1 6 2.

The B 80 has a 4 x 4 version, the B 82, IRL. The permanent diff lock, is the bad part of this otherwise good model. It would also benefit from a correct trailer.

The E-167, I'm having difficulty getting  stuck. Just don't spin up the wheels and it keeps going, despite the wheel physics thing.

Edited by Trackrod_ST
Added info..
5 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

I hope it doesn't get softend too much in the update, 1 6 2.

I agree.  The last thing I want is some easy, arcade physics.  Only parts of the new physics model need fixing, for example the way mud depth affects traction (shallow & deep mud don't really behave differently).  And the tire deformation can be downright ugly at times.

7 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

Lol, it's literally in the title of this thread.

Well I was asking specifically about the log spawn issue.  Of course I know they are working on fixes but we don't know what specifically they are fixing.  And it's weird to leave this log spawn issue sitting for weeks.  It should have been a next day hotfix.

Well, not only is it the log spawn problem, but there is also a major crash problem.

I had about 50 crashes in the last two days 'Oops, Spintire is crash'.

The problem always occurs when you click on 'advanced' and then no winch points are displayed. If you click on 'advanced' again, the crash occurs.

My game now looks like I'm going to a certain point and have to use the winch. I then leave the game and save my savegame from the roaming folder, otherwise the game progress will be lost. Then I go back into the game, use the winch, drive on, etc.

This is an untenable condition and so I ask @Zane (Oovee) when will there be a remedy for it.

Also:
If the vehicles from the DLC Vehicle Pack are so unusable for the game, why did Oovee bring them into the game in the first place?

• Thanks 1

Guys, there's no need to panic. It's a settings issue.

Here's the vanilla mud 'substance' settings:

<Mud>
        <Substance
            FullPushDepth="1.2"
            LinResistance="1"
            PushResistance="1"
            SubstanceFriction="0.85"
        />
    </Mud>

And here's what to do to 'fix' it:

<Mud>
        <Substance
            FullPushDepth="1.2"
            LinResistance="0.75"
            PushResistance="1.0"
            SubstanceFriction="2.55"
        />
    </Mud>

As you can see it's just a few relatively minor 'tweaks' to the substance settings that drastically change the game. 'Highway' friction tyres are still understandably useless in mud, but your 'Offroad' friction tyres are going to provide you the drive to crawl your C-255's and C-4320's through almost anything.

How thoroughly did I test the substance friction settings? Pretty thoroughly:

0HJxzBz.jpg

euXmluk.jpg

Coast (hardcore) completed with a single B-130 (default tyres adjusted to 'Default' friction) with the C-4320 only used to load up.

I've also played with most of the other vehicles and haven't encountered any completely unexpected behaviour.

• Thanks 2

I think there is big room for tuning settings. There are lot of people using their settings. Community did big step forward in this direction. And devs\management successfully ignored that. It's a shame. There should be some way how to collect information from valuable members, evaluate and tune settings based on that. That's managers job. Interaction with community is base thing. Lot of people knows how truck behave in reality, they have experience with driving in mud. But DEVs\management do not care about that. They are playing on their own sandpit in different parallel reality. I saw here on the forum one request about account delete .... long time player asked for it, because of huge ignorance of his posts. No more facts are needed. Everyone want's to help, sending a lot of ideas but I do not see reaction from dev team. In these days communication with customer\player is important thing. It looks like management haven't realized that. 

• Thanks 3