Oovee® Games

Hello! Is there anything I could possibly do to remove the yellow tint designating damp areas from terrain tiles?
I tried adding the line RemoveTint="true" to terrain classes, but it doesn't work.

Normally it doesn't bother me and I didn't even know it was a thing untill I tried to piece together a winter texture pack.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not about the new awful red tone in the env_lut files.  I did however try your suggestions, I made the env_lut a blue hue - nope, the tint is still there. I also took one of the tile textures and removed it's red channel - nope, still there.
It's the yellow tint caused by damp areas. I'm looking for a way to disable the tint globally. Overlay class files can have the line RemoveTint="true" , but terrain classes can't (or at least I don't know how exactly should i write in, that's why I'm asking for help here).

This is what I'm refering to:

yellow.thumb.png.9dd8f3188dbf9cd8016a1623a69d0144.png

This blasted yellow is ruining my winter graphics. If it was just the terrain, maaybe I could live with a bit of yellow snow, but the yellow trees I can't stand.
At this point I'm probably going to give up on the whole project. The yellow tint and now Localhost saying that it'll no longer be possible to adjust MaxDeformationPressure - that puts the nail in the coffin. My idea was to change the textures and lower the deformationpressure to probably even lower than 25e6 and bump up the PushRessistance. It was going to be sooo goood....I though to myself....and there it is - yellow snow for days! 

10 hours ago, Truckwolf said:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not about the new awful red tone in the env_lut files.

I meant the same yellow spots. But after increasing saturation in version 1.5.0, this is noticeable on summer maps too. This in game map "Coast":

2030028158_SpinTires2020-08-0923-21-36-23.thumb.jpg.fc96fa47f470e7423c93ad9550a3dc45.jpg

393233885_SpinTires2020-08-0923-23-53-00.thumb.jpg.e3945539d128d3545cf8be06567e3af0.jpg

And I didn't mean env_lut textures. It looks more like dry needles of fir trees - overlays, plants or billboards textures.

I tried another winter map on v 1.6.1 and there are no yellow spots on it. Apparently these objects were not used on it.

1839437139_SpinTires2020-08-0923-12-42-69.thumb.jpg.94dd3f428e07dfd5148654a1d51daea6.jpg

1878523896_SpinTires2020-08-0923-11-17-14.thumb.jpg.eaa3d8900267ae712ba51ebbc97aaf3c.jpg

This is a map from the author - no107064. You can compare which textures are not used in this map, as opposed to yours:

https://sharemods.com/kvkl2dy28zm0/level_Winter_Siberian_express_2016RW4-no107064.7z.html

Edited by oldman777
Posted (edited)

I've never made any maps myself, but I dug up an old post where somebody else was also asking about the yellow tint - it has always been in the game since 2014 even. From what I understand it automatically gets added when an area is made wet in the editor. So it's not related to specific overlay or tile textures. Map makers that make their map for winter textures just don't paint any wet areas. I checked Зимная сказка, Белый Плен and now Syberian Express - there isn't any yellow tint not because of certain texture, but because there're arent any wet areas, even in rivers.
So winter graphics only work with maps specifically made for them - with no damp areas.  But when you try to take the textures from those maps and apply them globally the yellow tint becomes apparent. There's no way to remove it, because there's no way to remove damp areas. If there was an overlay for the yellow tint or something....but there isn't.

I could be wrong on the specifics of wet areas, as I have no skills with the editor, but I'm certain the yellow tint is  not a spcific texture as I have replaced every texture there is. I also tried adding RemoveTint to terrain classes which seemed like a good idea. Finally I tried to edit the plants template by adding UseDirtTint="false" to trees, but that had zero effect as well.
So I think I'm going to give up now on the idea of winter textures. With yellow snow and now way to make the ground softer this is pretty much the end of my project.

@oldman777 Hey, thanks for taking the time to try and help me!  Could I ask you something - besides Stmods where do russian modders hang out? Is there a russian forum about modding? Where does one find tutorials in russian about modding and map making?  I don't really know anything besides one or two VK groups and Psix and Pra's tutorials on youtube.

Edited by Truckwolf
34 minutes ago, Truckwolf said:

@oldman777 Hey, thanks for taking the time to try and help me!  Could I ask you something - besides Stmods where do russian modders hang out? Is there a russian forum about modding? Where does one find tutorials in russian about modding and map making?  I don't really know anything besides one or two VK groups and Psix and Pra's tutorials on youtube.

I have never made maps myself, and have not played in the Spintires from 2015 to 2019. Recently I tried to find interesting maps, but it turned out that since 2015 there was nothing interesting for me. I took the most interesting maps in their original form and converted them without any changes to the newest version of the game. (there are already converted maps on various sites, but this is almost always different from the original, and with a bunch of missing objects)
80% of this turned out to be cards of two Czech or Slovak modders - no.107064 and V12. The remaining 20% are Russians and others. Therefore, the Russians are of little interest to me, and I can hardly say anything useful about it.