Sign in to follow this  
Zane (Oovee)

Proudly introducing...

Dear off-roaders,

It gives us great pleasure to announce that we have collaborated with SHERP to bring you an officially licensed DLC for Spintires arriving in July.

SHERP is a manufacturing company of the unique SHERP all-terrain vehicles with impressive functionality. SHERP's are reliable and low-maintenance vehicles created to work in extreme operational conditions. Geologists, oil workers, fishers, hunters, thrill-seekers and discoverers have already been using these all-terrain vehicles for work and overcoming the wild.

Unique features:

• Its max. speed is 40 km/h;
  • it climbs over obstacles as high as 1 meter and a gradient up to 35 degrees;
  • it easily overcomes stone fields, sand, mud, fallen trees, it moves on the ice and in the water;
  • it floats and gets out of the water onto the ice.

SHERP is the result of 20 years of ATV construction experience: the best components, reliable solutions and real operating experience in challenging terrains. 

The SHERP "Ural Challenge" DLC for Spintires will feature the SHERP 4x4 ATV and SHERP the ARK 10x10 ATV. It will also include a highly detailed map closely inspired by Yugyd Va National Park in the Ural Mountains area, offering the perfect environment for these incredible machines.

To portray the SHERP ATVs abilities in Spintires as best we can, we've added a bunch of new functionalities to the game, including amphibious vehicle support but stay tuned over the coming weeks to learn more about this DLC and what it contains!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will you address the issue with mud friction that's been present in ST for a long time to make this and other vehicles perform as they should?  As cool as a Sherp may be, if we get better mud performance from a RWD truck or a scout with highway tires, then this Sherp will be as useful as the E-167 or B-80, i.e. not at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It is... interesting. At first glance it seems somewhat out of theme, to me at least. However, I won't jump into any conclusions, because it is not right or wrong per se. I am more interested in the thought and concept behind this new DLC as well as new functionalities, rather than in vehicle itself right now. Maybe during upcoming news SHERP will grow on me, right now I don't have any particular opinion about this choice. However, when it was mentioned in 1.5.0 topic, that some terrain interaction will be ironed out for new type of vehicle coming with special DLC, I was betting on either baloon wheels or treads. I hope to know more in the near future.

I must also admit, that quietly I was hoping for screw-driven amphibious Zil-2906 or Zil-4904. Now that would be somethig! But hey, maybe next time!

Edited by Fairey Gannet
Typos, little modification of text.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Zane (Oovee) I really like the idea of this DLC. Because I really into this type of vehicle and it gives some more variety. Also the new map looks quite nice. Love the detail you put in. 
will the sherp also float in water?

What I also like on the latest DLC‘s is that the trucks now have unique addons. This should be done also for the existing trucks. Makes them more unique.

but please don’t forget that the terrain physics needs a overhaul. Different friction values for different ground types (not only mud and tarmac). Road tires perform better In mud which they shouldn’t.

Edited by Eversman