Oovee® Games

v1.5.0 & Vehicle Pack 01 DLC now available!

Hello comrades,

Before I go into the nitty-gritty details of the v1.5.0 update, I'd like to announce that the free Vehicle Pack DLC is now available on Steam!

It contains a bunch of trucks and for the first time in Spintires officially, a tractor! So let's go into a bit more detail about each vehicle:

vp_1.png

C-509

This truck was built primarily for one purpose, and that's to haul massive logs or trailers. Surprisingly, despite the fact it only a four-wheeler, it's a capable truck, likely down to the fact it has AWD, lifted suspension and it's sharing the same diesel powerplant found in the C-4320.

vp_2.png

B-500

The little sister of the C-509 you could say. Suited for more civilized terrain, but still capable offroad nonetheless, especially when equipt with offroad tires on the rear. This truck has more attachments available than its bigger sister, so with it, you can unlock garages or offer repair points to your comrades etc.

vp_3.png

B-431510

Its title is a bit of a mouthful, but you guessed it, it shares its roots with the B-130. That said, don't let that fool you into thinking that it's going to get stuck in every rut. With its extended chassis, it's able to creep across the landscape with ease. 

vp_4.png

B-80

It's like the "Little engine that could", well, could almost. It's only RWD, so don't expect miracles from her offroad. That said, it has a bunch of attachments including a front loader that you can use to load up the farm trailer that also included in this pack. 

Also, in the pack, you'll find three new trailer types!

V1.5.0 Update

Together with the Vehicle Pack, we have also pushed out the v1.5.0 update. The significant change in this update is the ability to save multiplayer progress so you and your fellow comrades can pick up where you left off! 

It is also now possible to unlock vehicles on the map for other players, meaning even if you didn't unlock a particular truck on the map, another player can go get it for you and then you can then jump into that vehicle regardless (teamwork)!

Additionally; work on improving the appearance of Spintires was done with the goal of providing more vibrant, true-to-life colours! Hopefully, you'll agree that the game looks much better now.

Stick around next week for a special DLC announcement!

Changelog:

Added / New

- Multiplayer game saving ability. See notes below.
- In multiplayer, players can unlock vehicles for other players.
- Button to kick players off an MP lobby.
- New truck selection menu, with searchbox, alphabetical sorting, and interactive preview (with right click drag).
- Support for non-latin characters in MP lobby chat.
- Forward kinematics bones (allow bones not linked to physics to be driven by user input).

Improvements / Adjustments

- MP trucks revert to ghost state less often.
- Removed MP truck underglow.
- Added scrollbar on map selection menu.
- Removed the ingame workshop browser.
- Improved LUT/Media.xml configurations for brighter graphics and vibrant colours.
- Sort garage list alphabetically (with trailers at the bottom of the list regardless).

Fixes

- Fixed a crash when joining an MP lobby that uses a map that is not installed. It is no longer possible to join such lobbies.
- Fixed non-stop suspension creaks when suspension travel is 0.
- Fixed handbrake dragging sound that was triggered by wheels not even connected to a handbrake.
- Fixed game compass still visible under minimap overlay.
- Fixed various random crashes happening during physics interactions.
- Fixed brightness & contrast calibration tools.

Notes
- Each member of a multiplayer game has its own save.
- Resuming a game does not require all members from the previous session to be present.
- All members present when resuming a game need to have their save.
- Starting or joining another multiplayer game will overwrite your multiplayer save for that map, and you will not be able to join players resuming from the save you just lost.
- Starting new games in singleplayer will not affect multiplayer saves.

• Like 6

1. C-509 and B-500 no engine sounds.

2. Still no rocks on CanyonsDLC:

20200619232240_1.thumb.jpg.9be2a4b94685f72282bd03ffecf9aae2.jpg

Textures models_dlc_rocks01.02__d.dds  in all DLC remained low resolution - 2 MB instead 10 MB.

3. Still no russian translation.

4. Achievements still an english:

20200619235111_1.thumb.jpg.9f51fd3e6bd2bd3c9cc0eb1416fc5ec2.jpg

Edited by oldman777

Nice update!  However this DLC is not listed on the main page of the store.  I had to go to browse all content for this game to see it.  I don't know if this is a Steam delay issue or what, but currently this DLC has no visibility.  Just FYI.

I haven't played much yet but I think I like the new colors.  Scrolling map menu is also nice.  But you can't cancel out of it.  You have to a select a map.

I think my favorite of the new vehicles will be the tractor as it's the most unique addition.  The others are nice too, but similar to the existing vehicles.  BTW, 431510 has front tire tracks that are a little too wide.  I know this can be fixed in the xml.  Just letting you know.

@oldman777My engine sounds work fine on the new vehicles and I never had problems with the rocks in Canyons.  Perhaps you're overriding something in your media folder.

Hi ,

I see that B-80 have attach point for attachments but K700 haven't. Is it possible to add such point to the K700 graber? 
Currently I am
 using  this one kirovets700.xml

<AddonSockets>
            <Socket Names="KirovetsLoader" ParentFrame="BoneTail_cdt" Offset="(0.2; 0; 0)">
                <ExtraParent Frame="BoneConnector_cdt" />
            </Socket>
            <Socket Names="KamazTrailerCart" Offset="(-1.8; 0.73; 0)" ParentFrame="BoneTail_cdt" />
            <Socket Names="MazTrailerCart" Offset="(-1.8; 0.73; 0)" ParentFrame="BoneTail_cdt" />

</AddonSockets>

It's not ideal, I know, but better than nothing.

Thanks,

@Unster

The absence of rocks and engines sound of is associated with game protection from piracy. I did not buy any DLC, and I have only two free.

Yesterday I downloaded a pirated, cracked game version with all DLС for comparison and there are all engines sounds and rocks.

I tried B-431510 ... it is awesome truck. Sometimes I was thinking if in real life truck will pass such difficult terrain like in the game, but it is fine. It is the best RWD truck in game.

Devs should think about rework of B133 because it is much worse than B-431510 even it have one more drive axle.....

I love capability of new attaching trailer by winch 
Is it possible to add such feature to the old trailers ? 

image.thumb.png.a64c29be7ed8f85ce0fec5d71e334411.png

@oldman  Activate Loader \ crane grappler  and Press "R" or "T"

I think controls are not ideal. They should use W\S Q\E keys like crane.

It is quite difficult to grab woods with tractor B80 .... I think it should be allowed to move tractor forward\backward and control grabber in the same time.

Edited by rarum

Little feedback from me, then.

I love the idea of introducing more vehicles, and I can't stress how happy I am with the selection we got here. B-class, yet capable lorries, with their own pros and cons. I am also pleased with performance of RWD vehicles - it is good to be able to have a sensible reason to choose B-class RWD over C-class all-rounder or even B-class AWD. For me (I'm saying only regarding this DLC selection) we have good, balanced mix, and it encourages to expand our options. It is in my opinion great idea for multiplayer, where we can start fo fulfill different roles more smoothly. Well, at least it is nice step into this direction. 

I am also happy to see civilian selection of trailers and flatbed attachements. I raised this point many times and I am happy to see this idea implemented. Current selection of those is also to my liking.

Multiplayer save absence was pretty off-putting - harder maps on hardcore demanded few hours of interrupted attention and zero connection issues to finish. I am sure that now I will happily dive into multiplayer.

To do list (in my opinion):

After this nice DLC, C-6520 and C-6522 should use some recolored add-ons or maybe new selection. After all they are unique class on their own terms. Rebalancing B-131 a bit would also be nice idea (it is somewhat less capable than competiton right now). Adding light crane to Zil family would be nice (they used them IRL, but they were limited - could load only short logs for example), but it is a bit wishlist right now. Point is - new content is very nice, older one should be updated a bit. However, this comes naturally with new stuff being introduced, and said stuff itself is good.

Regarding bugs - there are some text strings missing (loading new trailers with logs on Proving Grounds), but I played just short time, so this caught my eye.

Overall, I like ideas introduced, I like the content and the thought behind it. Thank you.

P.S.

I love how flatbeds and other attachements vary in colour to match each lorry. And the 30/1202 warning plate appearing on the front of B-500 when tanker is selected? Simply outstanding, like the bucket dangling from the hook of new Zil tanker, propane tanks and barrels moving ever so slightly... even padlock on container doors! It makes every vehicle unique and charismatic. I am fan of these tiny little details, and I can't wait to see this level of fidelity applied to previous lorries.

Edited by Fairey Gannet
Post scriptum added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, rarum said:

I tried B-431510 ... it is awesome truck. Sometimes I was thinking if in real life truck will pass such difficult terrain like in the game, but it is fine. It is the best RWD truck in game.

The highway/all-terrain tires remain much too capable in the mud.  It's a long-standing issue.  Makes real offroad tires kind of pointless.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Unster said:

The highway/all-terrain tires remain much too capable in the mud.  It's a long-standing issue.  Makes real offroad tires kind of pointless.

Well, but after some time of radio silence, things are moving on. I think It will be fixed, as it affects all the gameplay basically. If the matter of more varied B-trucks, civilian trailers and matching colours was taken seriously, then I suppose mud behaviour also will be revised. After all, this point was raised multiple times, and deemed important.

23 hours ago, Fairey Gannet said:

Little feedback from me, then.

I love the idea of introducing more vehicles, and I can't stress how happy I am with the selection we got here. B-class, yet capable lorries, with their own pros and cons. I am also pleased with performance of RWD vehicles - it is good to be able to have a sensible reason to choose B-class RWD over C-class all-rounder or even B-class AWD. For me (I'm saying only regarding this DLC selection) we have good, balanced mix, and it encourages to expand our options. It is in my opinion great idea for multiplayer, where we can start fo fulfill different roles more smoothly. Well, at least it is nice step into this direction. 

I am also happy to see civilian selection of trailers and flatbed attachements. I raised this point many times and I am happy to see this idea implemented. Current selection of those is also to my liking.

Multiplayer save absence was pretty off-putting - harder maps on hardcore demanded few hours of interrupted attention and zero connection issues to finish. I am sure that now I will happily dive into multiplayer.

To do list (in my opinion):

After this nice DLC, C-6520 and C-6522 should use some recolored add-ons or maybe new selection. After all they are unique class on their own terms. Rebalancing B-131 a bit would also be nice idea (it is somewhat less capable than competiton right now). Adding light crane to Zil family would be nice (they used them IRL, but they were limited - could load only short logs for example), but it is a bit wishlist right now. Point is - new content is very nice, older one should be updated a bit. However, this comes naturally with new stuff being introduced, and said stuff itself is good.

Regarding bugs - there are some text strings missing (loading new trailers with logs on Proving Grounds), but I played just short time, so this caught my eye.

Overall, I like ideas introduced, I like the content and the thought behind it. Thank you.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

23 hours ago, Fairey Gannet said:

P.S.

I love how flatbeds and other attachements vary in colour to match each lorry. And the 30/1202 warning plate appearing on the front of B-500 when tanker is selected? Simply outstanding, like the bucket dangling from the hook of new Zil tanker, propane tanks and barrels moving ever so slightly... even padlock on container doors! It makes every vehicle unique and charismatic. I am fan of these tiny little details, and I can't wait to see this level of fidelity applied to previous lorries.

I'd like to add that along with improving the detail on previous trucks I'd like to see refinements to the few inconsistencies between trucks, physics, and other things. I think polishing the existing parts of the game is the best way (currently) to make the game as fun as possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DeltΔV said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd like to add that along with improving the detail on previous trucks I'd like to see refinements to the few inconsistencies between trucks, physics, and other things. I think polishing the existing parts of the game is the best way (currently) to make the game as fun as possible.

+1 on that. B-66 needs some TLC (2 attachements mutually excluding + cart? It is a joke!), B-131 also, C-4320 and C-255 also need to become less generic. However, I hope for the best. :)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Fairey Gannet said:

then I suppose mud behaviour also will be revised. After all, this point was raised multiple times, and deemed important.

It's been raised several times, but I never got the sense that it was important to Zane.  Rather I get the feeling it's low-priority or he may even disagree that it's an issue.  But look at it yourself.  For example that new tractor.  It gets stuck in mud immediately.  You'll get better mud performance from the B-130.  That doesn't make much sense now, does it.  I have to say until this incorrect traction is fixed, I don't really find the game fun, no matter how many vehicles and maps get introduced.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Unster said:

It's been raised several times, but I never got the sense that it was important to Zane.  Rather I get the feeling it's low-priority or he may even disagree that it's an issue.  But look at it yourself.  For example that new tractor.  It gets stuck in mud immediately.  You'll get better mud performance from the B-130.  That doesn't make much sense now, does it.  I have to say until this incorrect traction is fixed, I don't really find the game fun, no matter how many vehicles and maps get introduced.

I know. But the problem is more relevant now, when more RWD vehicles are being introduced. When bulk of lorries was 6x6 capable, it wasn't much of a problem, because mainly used trucks were pretty much the same. Now we have B-80, old B-130, new B-130, B-133/133Gya, B-431510, B-500 and C-6520. And since this issue (feature?) applies to more and more vehicles, I hope it will become more visible - and thus adressed. 

38 minutes ago, Unster said:

There are a lot of things I feel are important and this is one of them but we are a small team and this is a business. Commercially, what does the business gain from rewriting the entire mud system?

If it gets changed, it’ll be because of a requirement in a DLC. An upcoming DLC has already required there to be some “alternative solutions” for wheel interactions.  

Regardless, as and when, we do make small improvements here and there anyway.

The biggest issue is Havok Physics but we can’t change that because it’s completely intertwined in the entire game engine code.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

There are a lot of things I feel are important and this is one of them but we are a small team and this is a business. Commercially, what does the business gain from rewriting the entire mud system?

If it gets changed, it’ll be because of a requirement in a DLC. An upcoming DLC has already required there to be some “alternative solutions” for wheel interactions.  

The biggest issue is Havok Physics but we can’t change that because it’s completely intertwined in the entire game engine code.

Fair point - rewriting stuff behind the curtain is not flashy and rarely sells on its own. It is good to know though, that improvements are being made. I can only hope, that upcoming stuff will sell so well, that not only most urgent features will be implemented, but those less flashy too. :)

3 hours ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

Thanks for finally acknowledging the issue.  A good first step.

What does the business gain?  There are no guarantees, but as I've said before, ST has a chance here to compete in realism with bigger games like SR (that has more content but still somewhat arcady mechanics).  How many ST players or would-be players would appreciate it?  I don't know.  I know I would.  Other players who play hardcore would too I'm pretty sure.

A good DLC to update the mud physics for would have been the Canyons, which introduced the mighty looking E-167 but which turned out to be rather useless.

I understand Havok is a big part of the engine, but I don't believe that's the core of the issue.  SR and MR use Havoc too, yet don't have this particular problem.  I believe it's how SubstanceFriction is applied in this game that's the core of the problem.  It's not as significant a factor as it should be.  From my experimentation, even in mud it's Friction that appears to be the dominant factor.  And since Friction is most likely set higher for road tires, that would explain why they perform better in mud than offroad tires.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 3