Oovee® Games

Some trucks are too short for logs

Some of the flatbeds are too short to hold the logs they are supposed to. This isn't too bad of an issue, but it means that the logs magically shorten themselves to fit inside the bed when you pack them. I've noticed this on the B-157, the B-505 and the B133.

20200511133425_1.thumb.jpg.6237be397b32fa9bcd2361953b4ed20d.jpg

20200511133437_1.thumb.jpg.5619b7514569c1c36f97d4b774cb76bb.jpg  20200511133446_1.thumb.jpg.b049c82275a30f6172d02b8b6781edb5.jpg

Edited by DeltΔV
3 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

but it means that the logs magically shorten themselves to fit inside the bed when you pack them

They also thicken themselves.  Have you noticed how skinny those short logs are?  Since a few logs become a pile of logs at packing, I don't think this shortening is a bothersome issue.  I did however prefer the thicker short logs in the original game.  And a crane claw that grabs the logs tighter would be nice too.

The tailgate should come down to provide overhang and keep the logs at the same length, rather than this comical way of doing things.

This is the reason I don't use the B 157 for carrying logs anymore.

3 hours ago, Trackrod_ST said:

The tailgate should come down to provide overhang and keep the logs at the same length, rather than this comical way of doing things.

This is the reason I don't use the B 157 for carrying logs anymore.

There seems to have been a small attempt at implementation of this feature with the new B-130 and its manual tailgate, but apparently this has been given up on as no other truck can do this. I would appreciate more consistency, but it doesn't make the game unplayable.

As you will know, the best looking load has the tailgate flat and the logs overhang, like this Kraz, but a compromise for B-157/B-505 short beds, might be this firewood load, which I think looks better than short, short logs.

Spintires, the original and best. Original Spintires, the best Spintires.

Squash bugs, create DLC. Keep the breed pure..

Edited by Trackrod_ST
Removed to gain space.