Oovee® Games

How do you install custommaps for spintires?

Go to solution Solved by oldman777,

Question

15 answers to this question

I tried to install the v12 but it didnt work, the game just didnt boot up. Is there a new one or what? I did the installation like they advised and it worked for some time with the default settings, i went to modify the ST+ settings but then it stopped working

Before, you could modify the Spinitresplusconfig.xml and change all of that stuff there. So did they block it so that the ST+ settings cant be modified anymore? I guess so because your answer, but why the hell did they do it? What is the point of having the mod if it cant be used at all occasions? (talking about when you want to actually explore and have fuel consumption etc.)

4 hours ago, STMAN said:

So did they block it so that the ST+ settings cant be modified anymore?

Lol no.
If I wanted to lock the settings I wouldn't bother publishing a documented config file, nor reading it from ST+. I'd just use hardcoded values.
Most likely you just inserted an xml error, probably a missing or extra " somewhere.
The other possibility is that you enabled an option that works on my computer but not on yours. In which case go figure which.

10 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Lol no.
If I wanted to lock the settings I wouldn't bother publishing a documented config file, nor reading it from ST+. I'd just use hardcoded values.
Most likely you just inserted an xml error, probably a missing or extra " somewhere.
The other possibility is that you enabled an option that works on my computer but not on yours. In which case go figure which.

Ok, that actually sounds a bit more realistic. Although i am pretty sure i didnt accidentally delete any of the ", ill go see. And yes it can be that my computer may not support all the options, mine is quite new so idk.

4 minutes ago, STMAN said:

Ok, that actually sounds a bit more realistic. Although i am pretty sure i didnt accidentally delete any of the ", ill go see. And yes it can be that my computer may not support all the options, mine is quite new so idk.

i went to check and found nothing wrong with the file, atleast what i could spot. Its getting tricky.

10 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Lol no.

It was the minimap that didnt work out, it said that i already have software running full screen so i cant use it or it is not compatible. Should i start spintires in windowed mode and try again for it to work?

Just now, STMAN said:

It was the minimap that didnt work out, it said that i already have software running full screen so i cant use it or it is not compatible. Should i start spintires in windowed mode and try again for it to work?

btw i didnt have anything else runnin full screen on the background

As stated in the doc, the external minimap requires to have more monitors that what the game uses in fullscreen mode, so you need at least 2 screens (more if you are using AMD eyefinity, nVidia vision surround, or anything that merges multiple displays into a single one).

9 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

As stated in the doc, the external minimap requires to have more monitors that what the game uses in fullscreen mode, so you need at least 2 screens (more if you are using AMD eyefinity, nVidia vision surround, or anything that merges multiple displays into a single one).

ok i didnt catch that, well i can do without it