Oovee® Games

Please add scrolling to map menu

A relatively little thing, but it would be worth adding scrolling ability so you could see all your maps.  Notice in my case I can't even see the names of the maps in the bottom row.  A related suggestion would be to separate official maps from mod maps.

20200119123840_1.thumb.jpg.694e4a293cfac16480dd0b803ba51550.jpg

Edited by Unster
  • Like 3

I didn't want to create another topic just for this, but another menu-related bug is when you go to settings, don't change anything and exit, the game will tell you that settings have been modified and are you sure you want to exit without saving.

Back to the map selection, I would also suggest to have unfinished maps grayed out or marked in another way to distinguish them from completed maps.  And finally, allow exiting without selection via the Esc key.

Edited by Unster
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, 8up local said:

@Unster i just click off to the side of the map selections. it takes me back to the menu screen without selecting anything.

Yes, good tip and I found out about that eventually.  But Esc should work too.

• 4 months later...

@Zane (Oovee)This still needs addressing as well.  It's basic functionality.  Last night I fired up ST to play some mod maps and I couldn't get to them because of this.  So I had to delete others to select the one I want to play.

55 minutes ago, oldman777 said:

And remove the fisheye from the menu.

In this case, the fish-eye indeed makes it worse.  The map menu gets warped and zoomed in too much, though if scrolling were added it would be OK.

What's worse, the game doesn't remember what map you played last.  So you have to deal with this menu a lot.

Edited by Unster
1 hour ago, DeltΔV said:

That's what the 'Continue' button is for. Unless you mean something else?

Yes, but once you enter the Proving Ground, the continue button returns you to that.

45 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

That's why I don't use it.

You mean you don't use Proving Ground?  The continue button is rarely used anyway, as the game automatically loads the last played map.  But it considers Proving Ground just another map.  That's where the continue button could be made more useful to return you to the last actual mission map rather than Proving Ground.