Oovee® Games

Version 1.4.2 of Spintires is now available. The update also includes a bunch of fixes and improvements for the Chernobyl DLC.

Added / New

- Nil

Improvements / Adjustments

- (ChernobylDLC) - Radiation damage reduced by 65%.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-157 suspension improved, front wheels no longer clip mudguards & general stability improvement.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-157 steering angle improved.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-157 back steer speed improved.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-505 log load collision mesh improved.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-505 steering angle improved.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-505 back steer speed improved.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-505 steer speed response improved.

Fixes

- (ChernobylDLC) - B-157 log load collision mesh fixed. It no longer stops you from spawning logs on the truck.
- (ChernobylDLC) - B-505 bed collision mesh fixed.
- (ChernobylDLC) - Fixed CHERNOBYL EXPLORER achievement.
- (ChernobylDLC) - Fixed strings encoding issue (non-English languages should work fine now).
- Reduced the sensitivity of camera controls for the new "orbital camera" and default camera when using a gamepad.
- Fixed UI elements going off-dialogue at the controls menu.
- Fixed the "Continue" button from not resuming a saved game state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Version 1.4.2 of Spintires is now available. The update also includes a bunch of fixes and improvements for the Chernobyl DLC. Added / New - Nil Improvements / Adjustments - (ChernobylDLC) - Ra

Hi Unster, Glad you like the new forum structure! We have made some good progress and the patch coming next week has the following fixes (changelog doesn't contain everything yet): Added

Come on Oovee, I can't believe you went on the holidays and left the game in this state.  The stutter & borked crane view makes the game look really bad.  I just played a round of MudRunner and I'

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

Fixed the "Continue" button from not resuming a saved game state.

This was actually in 1.4.1, unless further work was done on it for 1.4.2.

Hoping to see 1.4.3 address the stutter, first-person crane view, and requirement to press Ctrl to use the advanced menu functions.  Alt would be better if a modifier key is needed, especially now that the corresponding numbers have been moved to the left (starting at 1).

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Unster said:

This was actually in 1.4.1, unless further work was done on it for 1.4.2.

Hoping to see 1.4.3 address the stutter, first-person crane view, and requirement to press Ctrl to use the advanced menu functions.  Alt would be better if a modifier key is needed, especially now that the corresponding numbers have been moved to the left (starting at 1).

+1

I second Unster on all that. Alt key included

• Like 1
10 hours ago, AoD_Lexandro said:

Please resolve the stutter as soon as you folks can. It is a major detraction from what is a really nice mud plugging experience. Thank you.

Absolutely.  I really hope we're not stuck with this stuttering version over the holidays.  I might have to go back to playing MudRunner. 😮

• Like 1

Don't remember when and where I read a developer saying that he once published an update before holidays and regret immediately from that moment he stopped releasing on Friday and close to holidays for not having to work on holidays or leave angry gamers waiting for him to return from vacation 😁 

This issue took away part of the pleasure indeed, Transport Fever 2 is helping me waiting the fix 😊

47 minutes ago, Zukakis said:

Don't remember when and where I read a developer saying that he once published an update before holidays and regret immediately from that moment he stopped releasing on Friday and close to holidays for not having to work on holidays or leave angry gamers waiting for him to return from vacation 😁 

This issue took away part of the pleasure indeed, Transport Fever 2 is helping me waiting the fix 😊

I've noticed Oovee likes to post updates on Fridays.  I'd agree that's not the best day, especially for big updates as that can ruin your weekend (both the developer's and player's).  But if there's a hotfix for the stutter I'd gladly take it, even on a Friday. :)  Smaller updates on a Friday should be fine.  Luckily I have other games too to keep me entertained, but not any involving mud running, except for MudRunner.

Edited by Unster
57 minutes ago, Zukakis said:

These days that's no longer really an issue, as developers can easily access builds and update from home on the Steam system. It just really depends on if they themselves want to actually do so. It is rather crappy having to work over what is supposed to be a holiday, but reaping the rewards from the product should help off-set that feeling.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, AoD_Lexandro said:

These days that's no longer really an issue, as developers can easily access builds and update from home on the Steam system. It just really depends on if they themselves want to actually do so. It is rather crappy having to work over what is supposed to be a holiday, but reaping the rewards from the product should help off-set that feeling.

I'm still working today and on some days over the next 2 weeks, just not right around christmas and new year.  Not a big deal to me.  I'd rather save some vacation days for January-April when there are no holidays for me.

Edited by Unster

Traction of rear wheels on B -505 is weird. It is not linear but impulse. You can see something like not regular stuck and microsuspension jumps instead of regular sniping. It is more visible on the big hills but you can see it in regular mud as well. For example proving ground. With loaded logs it is even more visible.

image.thumb.png.6e50904eeb43c162a4b8570799dab144.png

Come on Oovee, I can't believe you went on the holidays and left the game in this state.  The stutter & borked crane view makes the game look really bad.  I just played a round of MudRunner and I'm sorry to say that it's a significantly more polished product at the moment.  Please no more DLC's until you give the base game some love & polish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ZukakisI doubt it's the limits of the engine.  Most likely it's a section of the code that's doing something it's not supposed.  It could be something as simple as the main menu Chernobyl scenery playing in the background bogging down gameplay, or something more complex like an un-optimized collision check.

Edited by Unster
On 12/21/2019 at 12:28 PM, Zukakis said:

Reading some posts on FB and with the issues introduced lately, I wonder if the engine is starting to show its limits now.

On second thought you may be partly right about the engine.  It is a 32-bit engine and it could use an update to 64 bits.  That would at least allow it to use more memory which could speed things up.  I've observed that MR also has the occasional stutter, but less frequent than the current ST.  What's worse in ST is that the stutters come in groups and last longer, whereas MR stutters come as singles and so are much less noticeable.  Of the driving games I have BeamNG has the best graphics and zero stutters.  Optimizing can go a long way.

We are always looking into problems, fixing things, or improving things. 

The stuttering we cannot reproduce, so it’s making it hard to identify the problem. 

I personally don’t have internet at home right now so I’m unable to do any mini updates. I have an engineer looking to reconnect my home on Friday so I’ll be able to do some mini updates after that. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

The stuttering we cannot reproduce, so it’s making it hard to identify the problem. 

That's really weird. I found a spot where almost constantly I have stuttering and/or drop of fps in Chernobyl.

At the locked garage, keeping it in front of you, on your right there is a bunch of trees. Around those trees, I usually have stuttering or other mess as I told.

You can go there with the free-roam camera,  move around those trees, to make the thing more evident while moving forward move (pan) the camera from side to side, like a zig-zag movement. I hope it helps to reproduce it.

Just to know, you don't experience stuttering at all or you just can't constantly reproduce it to find a cause? I didn't understand this part.

I hope you guys find the issue, after a long time playing almost only ST I stopped doing it because of the stuttering. It is particularly disturbing to my sight, unfortunately, and it took away the pleasure of roaming in the mud.

May I suggest to leave in the "beta" section of Steam the previous build of ST when you publish a major update so one can downgrade to the previous working version if something goes wrong?

• Like 1

@Zane (Oovee)Are you on Windows 10?  That's what I'm on.  We can compare specs further.  It's a little strange that you can't reproduce it.  I don't have any particular place where I need to be to see the stutter.  Basically drive around on any map and I'll see the stutter almost immediately.  Today I got such a bad stutter (on the original Proving Ground) that my frame rate stayed low for several seconds.  It was awful.  The game then recovered to its usual irregular stutter (every few seconds but it varies).  I never saw this with any of the previous versions of ST.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 1

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not imagining this (in the beginning when I was the only one complaining about it I suspected so a little).  I mean the part about 1.3.7 being better.  Stutter is obvious in the current version.

I just played ST for a couple hours and it's playable, just not as enjoyable as it used to be as I said.  Just too many things wrong with this game at the moment:

• the stutter
  • the very awkward requirement to press Ctrl to use crane functions
  • the broken 1st person crane view
  • the broken mud traction, where small vehicles with regular tires have better traction in deep mud than large vehicles with offroad tires

I feel until these are fixed, MR is the better game to play, even with its own flaws, like the uglier mud and excessive wheel spin on pavement (ST has some of that too but less).

After using hood camera (left joystick click) I want to come back to orbital camera after clicking joystick again, but it goes to older camera modes. This enforces me to use keyboard everytime I need to switch from hood to orbital camera.

Please add orbital camera button for xbox360 controller or fix it in any way.