Oovee® Games

Community Code Contribution?

This may sound like a strange idea, but since Oovee is a relatively small studio, I wonder if they could offload delegate some tasks to the people of this community who are willing to help make the game as good as possible. It could be anything from UI element design to scripting or texturing. I think it would help people who participated to develop their digital skills and it could be fun. It could be formatted as weekly or monthly 'challenges' to improve a certain part of the game, and the developers would use the best entry in the game.

Again, a rather strange idea but perhaps worth considering.

[Apologies, it appears I did not know the connotations of the word "offload".]

Edited by DeltΔV
  • Like 1

Not entirely strange.  Some contributions from the community have already made it into the game (for example some of my xml & sound tweaks).  I think graphical assets would be another good category where the community could contribute (I'm not an artist, so count me out).  But this would be on a voluntary basis, so "offloading" isn't exactly the right term.  Oovee shouldn't rely on an unpaid community member who may or may not finish the task, but if something turns up they can have a look at it.  Programming is another area where people could contribute, but then you get into non-disclosure issues (you don't want to give out your intellectual property to the internet).  I'm a programmer but I'm not sure I'd want to work on ST.  I prefer to keep it as a hobby to have some fun with after work.  But if there's a particular programming issue that Oovee needs help with, I could look at it.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Unster said:

but then you get into non-disclosure issues (you don't want to give out your intellectual property to the internet)

Yes, I thought there may be some legal problem there but didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up.

• 1 month later...