Oovee® Games

Maps still have old B-130

If the new B-130 truly replaced the old one then the maps should load fine.  But yeah, if it's expecting the old one and it's missing, then it'll error out.

As I mentioned previously, I'm for removing the old one completely, but another person mentioned he'd like to keep it.  If we're going to keep it, then I'd suggest giving it some updated textures and making it a little more different from the new one.

6 hours ago, Unster said:

If the new B-130 truly replaced the old one then the maps should load fine.  But yeah, if it's expecting the old one and it's missing, then it'll error out.

As I mentioned previously, I'm for removing the old one completely, but another person mentioned he'd like to keep it.  If we're going to keep it, then I'd suggest giving it some updated textures and making it a little more different from the new one.

There won't be any more work done to the old one since it is, well, old. What I might do is remove it from the menu selection, but keep the truck available in-game for mod support and replace the truck with the new one in the default maps. Not really thought much about it since I have other priorities. 

• Like 3

Personally, I have no problems with the old 130 (and its actual name) still being available. I find the name, B130(old), ok because ... well it looks old. It's just an aesthetic variation on the theme that I appreciate, their different addons as well.

I am for keeping it as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:50 AM, Zane (Oovee) said:

Not really thought much about it since I have other priorities. 

Is it still going to be left like this? I thought it might not be too much of a task to disrupt the normal workflow, but I've been very wrong before. Sorry for bumping this again, was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@oldman777Thanks.  I figured there's a way to mod it, but I was mostly thinking of new players who will play these maps.  It would be in Oovee's interest I think to showcase the new B-130 that looks a lot better.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, Unster said:

@oldman777Thanks.  I figured there's a way to mod it, but I was mostly thinking of new players who will play these maps.  It would be in Oovee's interest I think to showcase the new B-130 that looks a lot better.

I understand.

Just thought why shouldn't I do this if it takes 5 minutes.

If we talk about the similarities with the real prototype, then visually the old B-130 is better. Yes, the new one has more polygons and higher texture resolution, but the old one... Do not delete it for good...
The old B-130 would be great to have high resolution textures. No? Didn't he deserve it?
And I like the idea that there are two B-130s in the game at once. I've always liked the variety of models in the game, even if it is purely visual.

20200830233404_1.jpg