Oovee® Games

v1.3.7 (beta) now available!

Hello comrades, 

Version 1.3.7 is now available on the "public_beta" branch. 

There are some significant changes to note with this update. Firstly, we will no longer reset your settings with every update.
Secondly, we have changed the way the game writes to and reads configuration files within the [Spintires/Users/] directory. 

Within [Spintires/Users] directory, you will see the following new files.

• BaseConfig.xml: this is the new Config.xml file, but it must not be changed. Consider your changes lost if you ignore this warning.
  • MediaPaths.xml: this file determines where the official Data Sources are found, including DLC if owned.
  • Config.xml_disabled: generated after the first launch of the game, this file is the old Config.xml file that has been disabled. If you had precious information stored in Config.xml before the update, you can find it back here.

If you have any modifications that you'd like to load into Spintires, then you may create a file called UserMediaPaths.xml within the [Spintires/User] directory. This file will never be removed or altered by Steam or us. The content of UserMediaPaths.xml should follow the same format as in MediaPaths.xml, for example:

<DataSources>
    <MediaPath Path="MyMod" />
</DataSources>

We've introduced this new method to prevent issues where the game would not notice installed DLCs. You can also set-up additional asset sources without the risks of losing their configuration with the next update or DLC install.

--

v1.3.7 also brings support for multiple (DirectInput) peripherals allowing you to use them simultaneously, such as a wheel and gear shifter, or gamepad. 

--

Here's the changelog.

Added / New

- New intro screen (removed the video because it was causing launching issues for some users).
- Support for using multiple DirectInput peripherals simultaneously (eg: wheels+shifter+pedals that are separate devices).
- Free-roam camera controls now rebindable.
- Possibility to disable controller vibrations.

Improvements / Adjustments

- Adjustments to water resistance.
- Improved Afterfire flame effects.
- Reduced Afterfire and Engine choking effects.
- Removed camera icon above truck and added a keybind to toggle roof camera (3 by default).
- 6520-6522 gearboxes changed to 5 gears, as per community feedback.
- 469 engine choke / afterfire removed.

Thank you, we hope you enjoy this update. As always, please provide your feedback here:

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/forum/110-build-v137-feedback/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Once again thanks a lot for keeping this MasterPiece updated!!!! 😎

@Zane (Oovee) @Localhost (Oovee)

*I don't know if anyone noticed, but with this last updates, after 1.3.3 update, all the custom mods have abnormal fuel consumption if not in lower / high gear,.....
When running in automatic gear, for example my D90 mod, gets a fuel consumption in between 49 / 60lt,......in less then a minute I run out of fuel,......the fuel tank is 80lt
Some other mods gets a fuel consumption of 500 / 600lt,.....others 1000lt,.....and some just work well on lower gear,.....
I tryed to update / upload all my custom mods with the new Spintires Combine Tools and no luck,......the problem continues!! 😢
But this all happend with all the custom mods I try, just the default mods / trucks are ok,......please take it a look and see what´s up,..... 😩

PS - Is there a way to fix this?? Thanks in advance!!

Thanks!!

Buzz

Edited by RCBuzz
  • Like 1

Yay, finally support for standalone gear shifts.  Much appreciated!  I haven't noticed any obvious issues in the latest version (aside from the tweaks that I sent you Zane).  Even saved games from the last version work.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, RCBuzz said:

after 1.3.3 update, all the custom mods have abnormal fuel consumption if not in lower / high gear,.....
When running in automatic gear, for example my D90 mod, gets a fuel consumption in between 49 / 60lt,......in less then a minute I run out of fuel,......the fuel tank is 80lt
Some other mods gets a fuel consumption of 500 / 600lt,.....others 1000lt,.....and some just work well on lower gear,.....

Substance friction (grip in mud) has an huge, exponential impact on fuel consumption. I suspect the mods you are talking about use wheels with excessive SubstanceFriction_Numeric, I mean 2.0 or more. Before v1.3.3 the game would only read the preset values, giving a maximum substance friction of 1.8.

If this is not the cause of your problem, point me at a publicly available mod that I can look at. FYI I do not have behind the scenes access to private/friend only mods.

13 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Substance friction (grip in mud) has an huge, exponential impact on fuel consumption. I suspect the mods you are talking about use wheels with excessive SubstanceFriction_Numeric, I mean 2.0 or more. Before v1.3.3 the game would only read the preset values, giving a maximum substance friction of 1.8.

If this is not the cause of your problem, point me at a publicly available mod that I can look at. FYI I do not have behind the scenes access to private/friend only mods.

Thanks a lot @Localhost (Oovee) 
Now it makes sense,.....I adjusted the wheels SubstanceFriction_Numeric from 2.2 to 1.8 and now they´re ok ;)

Friction from 2.2 to 1.5

Now my wheels xml is this way:
<TruckWheel
    Friction="1.5"
    HardpointOffsetZ="0.0"
    Mass="Medium"
    Mesh="wheels/Army_BFG_KM3_35_12_R16"
    Radius="0.44016"
    Softness="Stiff"
    SubstanceFriction="1.8"
    Tracks="default"
    Width="0.328"
/>

Is this ok??? Or we can continue to use SubstanceFriction_Numeric / Friction_Numeric??? 
Thanks in advance

RCBuzz

6 hours ago, RCBuzz said:

Now my wheels xml is this way:
<TruckWheel
    Friction="1.5"
    HardpointOffsetZ="0.0"
    Mass="Medium"
    Mesh="wheels/Army_BFG_KM3_35_12_R16"
    Radius="0.44016"
    Softness="Stiff"
    SubstanceFriction="1.8"
    Tracks="default"
    Width="0.328"
/>

Is this ok???

Just from glancing at your settings, I don't see anything wrong.
Stiff offroad tires is a bit odd since offroaders usually deflate their tires, but it's not wrong.

6 hours ago, RCBuzz said:

Or we can continue to use SubstanceFriction_Numeric / Friction_Numeric??? 

As said here :

modders used to ST+'s ***_Numeric entries do not need to convert their wheels, since the game also supports those, but their use is deprecated. Please use directly Friction/SubstanceFriction/Mass/Softness="value" in the future.

@Localhost (Oovee) thats because I dislike the flat tire look so i code them like that...its for the owner to change any value once they have the mods in their files... i didnt knew that we could keep ussing the SubstanceFriction_Numeric / Friction_Numeric codes... i might migrate the latest mods to ST lol i miss ntsr maps that i cant convert to mudrunner

• Like 1