Oovee® Games

Sterring angles Being useless

in the past the 2 updates the steering angles of each vehicle got reworked and some because to far off (Uaz 460) while others became to little (Gaz 69) and some got destroyed to the point you need to go back and forward to take a 65º turn (any 6x6 or 8x8) please go back a couple of files back and return to the old steering, also the center of mass in the Uaz469 got edited again (i still have the edits i sent to Zane) and the forward mass is +70cm on the X axis making it way to front heavy and turning the rear suspension harder to damp in any bump (i know this game) and thats the reason why if you drive on 4th or faster the the rear will bounce and turn unstable, the new dlc vehicle (i think is a zil not sure tho) feels to light imo, but i havent found any technical data of it on english or spanish to get his mass to a real life value

the Zil130 (new) has the center of mass way to high for how wide it is making it way to easy to roll once loaded instead like the old 130 wich was tippy but you can take it in a straight line from the log kiosk in the coast to the other end of the map to the lumber drop area

thanks i hope the dev team reads this input

• Like 1

I feel the steering angles should be the same for casual and hardcore mode.  Recently they were separated, with hardcore mode getting more restricted turning radii.  I think casual mode can get other forms of assistance.

I personally like the limited handling, may not perfectly match the real behaviour but I find fun having to maneuver those big monsters in narrow places. I also think that the reduced handling capability contributes to give the sensation of something big, heavy. I am for continuing fixing, balancing, trying new solutions, though. 

I found the speed excessively low, for example. I don't think  trucks need to go fast as before but a just a little faster would make me happy.

I consider wise the split of the handling behaviour between casual and hardcore. Also if I never play casual, I know a lot of people do and I've also read people complaining that in ST we need to stop the truck, take the mouse, detach the winch cable and then drive the truck again, while in MR they can do it on-the-fly with the dedicated button. It's obvious that they are not looking for a "realistic" game experience but something more casual, hence, I find good having two different experiences with the same game to please different kinds of gamer's needs. 

2 hours ago, Zukakis said:

I consider wise the split of the handling behaviour between casual and hardcore

It's not really handling behavior.  We're just talking about the turning radius.  I think both casual and hardcore should have the same turning radius (a realistic one).  Casual already gets other forms of assistance and it can get further assistance if needed, for example easier mud traction.  I'm just a little concerned that the casual turning radius may be more realistic now than the hardcore version.  I want hardcore to be harder, but not in an unrealistic way.

Regarding speed, it is pretty low, especially for the A-469.  I edited mine to give it slightly more power & a taller 4th gear.

MR doesn't have a dedicated winch detach button.  It works the same way as ST.

Edited by Unster

I used "handling", but I mean the turn radius. I've never drove one of those trucks, I don't know what "realistic" is for them, especially in a game where everything is at reduced scale. I personally don't have a problem with them as they are now, even in narrow  and winding roads(up  to a limit of course). I just delivered a long logs load with 535 on a custom map with some sharp turns. I had to maneuver a little but it has been fun as hell trying not to loose the cargo. 

Edited by Zukakis
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, >Forces< said:

i havent found any technical data of it on english or spanish to get his mass to a real life value

I found it when the dlc came out, you may have to go on the russian version and use google translate to english for more info. it is 7,000kg irl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIL-E-167

Edited by DeltΔV

The E-167 gives the illusion of lightness because there's no suspension on the 2nd axle, but I'm used to it now.  Just focus on the tire compression, maybe that'll help remind you that's it's quite heavy.  BTW, if you don't like the turning radius of the E-167, just give it optional diff lock.  That's what I did on my end.  I doubt the real-life thing had permanent diff lock as that would make turning difficult.