Oovee® Games

Some Ideas For Improve Spintires In Future

On 8/31/2019 at 8:50 PM, OffLamer said:

Hi all,i open this topic where we can add some cool ideas and suggestions for let the developers read and in future give to them some nice ideas for make this beautiful game ever better

My ideas are :

• New Trucks
  • More Steam Achivements
  • New Types of Cargos ( Not only Wood )
  • New Maps ( With Snow )

What you would add in Spintires ? 😁

Good ideas. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm totally new SP player. I bought SP in Black Friday Steam sale but of course I heard about the game from long time. Finally I can play it and I really enjoy the game, very nice and unique gameplay.

I also have free 4 months subscription in Xbox Game Pass (it was a gift to my new motherboard from MSI) so I checked MudRunner to compare both games. It's too early to say which one is better but a few things are better in MR just from the start. The interface and gamepad support are much better, the tutorial and additional challenges are nice feature and the inside camera is something what I miss in SP. It would be very nice to have all this stuff in SP.

In general I was confused about both this games and now it's really difficult to choose between them. I think I'll stay with SP because of Chernobyl DLC.

16 hours ago, BeF1990 said:

Hi. I'm totally new SP player. I bought SP in Black Friday Steam sale but of course I heard about the game from long time. Finally I can play it and I really enjoy the game, very nice and unique gameplay.

I also have free 4 months subscription in Xbox Game Pass (it was a gift to my new motherboard from MSI) so I checked MudRunner to compare both games. It's too early to say which one is better but a few things are better in MR just from the start. The interface and gamepad support are much better, the tutorial and additional challenges are nice feature and the inside camera is something what I miss in SP. It would be very nice to have all this stuff in SP.

In general I was confused about both this games and now it's really difficult to choose between them. I think I'll stay with SP because of Chernobyl DLC.

Hi and welcome!  I have both ST & MR too.  Yes MR has a few things that have been added to it that ST doesn't have yet, but nothing major in my view.  Not sure what you mean by gamepad support.  Personally I don't care for the challenges and inside camera.  The challenges are rather easy and can be played only in casual mode.  The inside camera has the ugly generic gauge panel.  I prefer a hood cam.  In ST, I've converted most of the roof cams to hood cams.  Let me know if you'd like help with that.  You just need to change the camera positions in the truck xml files.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:12 PM, Unster said:

Not sure what you mean by gamepad support.

I know SP has gamepad support but in MR it works better (the interface has gamepad icons and buttons layout is more clever in my opinion).

The inside camera has the ugly generic gauge panel.

Yes, I agree but it's still better to have inside camera than don't have. It would be very nice to see good inside camera with working mirrors and not generic gauge panel.

The Euro Truck Simulator 2 is good example here. Inside camera, cockpit, mirrors and HUD is very nice in this game.

Let me know if you'd like help with that.  You just need to change the camera positions in the truck xml files.

Yes please.

EDIT:

Today I bought Logitech Driving Force GT especially for the Spintires game and I'm deeply disappointed. The steering wheel works awful in this game. The centering spin is too strong and I can't change it. In Mudrunner for exaple everything is working much better, I don't have any problems like in SP.

Add good steering wheel support please becouse now is almost unplayable. :(

Edited by BeF1990
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, BeF1990 said:

Today I bought Logitech Driving Force GT especially for the Spintires game and I'm deeply disappointed. The steering wheel works awful in this game. The centering spin is too strong and I can't change it. In Mudrunner for exaple everything is working much better, I don't have any problems like in SP.

Add good steering wheel support please becouse now is almost unplayable.

That's strange because my wheel (Thrustmaster T150) works the same in MR & ST.  You may need to adjust the FFB settings in your wheel's setup software.

1 hour ago, drle said:

my game is currently on hold until option to center camera comes out. its always good to have more options and choices ingame, this is perfect sandbox game after all.

What do you mean by centering the camera?  Do you mean truck-centered camera, like one of the options in MR and other games, or some kind of auto-centering?  To me that seems like a silly reason not to play the game if you otherwise enjoy it.

19 minutes ago, drle said:

yeah thats the thing auto center camera like in mr

Oh, that's called the truck-centered cam, the first thing I mentioned in my last post.  It's more intuitive for beginners and I used to use it myself, but then I discovered the original cam (what's in ST) has some advantages, mainly that you can see the road and where you're going and your truck at the same time.  Once you learn how to use it I think it's pretty good, even if it has some limitations, mostly in the up & down directions.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Unster said:

Oh, that's called the truck-centered cam, the first thing I mentioned in my last post.  It's more intuitive for beginners and I used to use it myself, but then I discovered the original cam (what's in ST) has some advantages, mainly that you can see the road and where you're going and your truck at the same time.  Once you learn how to use it I think it's pretty good, even if it has some limitations, mostly in the up & down directions.

I just want and option to choose at will by ticking it in game options or camera options. To use the option at your free will, not to be limited.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments here - figured I'd post just to confirm that I've read all of the posts here as sometimes I guess it's easy to think that perhaps we haven't seen them. 

A couple of things I can confirm are happening at some point.

• Workshop mod support.
  • Improvements to the editor (easier to use, more function, etc).
  • Complete rewrite of the mud physics systems (this then allow us to; have mud physics change when wet from the rain).
  • Snow
  • Tracked vehicles
  • New load types/gameplay modes.

I'm considering publishing a roadmap for 2020 when I've finished it, but not sure that's going to help or hinder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Здравствуйте, Дорогие разработчики  <font style=😉"> поправте физику проезда по грязи, а то слишком легко машина преодолевает грязь хотя ушла что колес не видно.

Edited by Ka3aHoBa
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

Complete rewrite of the mud physics systems (this then allow us to; have mud physics change when wet from the rain).

That's a great long-term goal.  However I'd still like to see some interim fixes to the current traction system, particularly what was discussed here:

This would then make the mud physics overhaul less urgent.  But the #1 issue for now I think is the poor crane view & stutter in 1.4.x.  I won't even play that version.  Luckily I can still play 1.3.7.

1 minute ago, Unster said:

But the #1 issue for now I think is the poor crane view & stutter in 1.4.x.

I understand your opinion, however I don't find it as much of an inconvenience as you do. I just zoom out the camera and move it to the side when I need to. IMO the real issue is the physics, as it affects the game more.

3 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

I understand your opinion, however I don't find it as much of an inconvenience as you do. I just zoom out the camera and move it to the side when I need to. IMO the real issue is the physics, as it affects the game more.

Both the physics and stutter I'd say affect the game a lot.  The 1st-person crane view affects the game less, I totally agree, but I mentioned it anyway because I fail to see a reason for the new implementation.  It essentially broke what used to work well.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 1
9 часов назад Унстер сказал:

При чем тут камера,я про физику говорю,что зил 130 что камаз в которой есть только блоки, слишком легко проходят через грязь, что груженые что пустые.

Edited by Ka3aHoBa

При чем тут камера ?если я говорю про физику проезда по грязи.Что зил 130 что камаз у которых есть только блокировка  и задний привод проходят грязь легко .

12 hours ago, Ka3aHoBa said:

При чем тут камера ?если я говорю про физику проезда по грязи.Что зил 130 что камаз у которых есть только блокировка  и задний привод проходят грязь легко .

English please (or use Google Translate).

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I think I will back up @oldman777 on his post.

The light could use some attention, as well as skyboxes could. I have to admit, that rainy day doesn't differ much in terms of light and shadows from the clear one. The shadows seem somewhat flat, especially in the enviroment. More radiant light in the noon, few more skyboxes for, say, clear sky, partly cloudy and overcast, some more differences in rendering distance during rain and haze. Combine that with already existing effects (rain, dust), add some white, fluffy and slowly rolling fog, and we have nice variation.