Oovee® Games
Zane (Oovee)

Canyons DLC out now!

How do you get this thing to work? I've "downloaded" it from Steam, it has launched Spintires, but no sign of any new truck or a map... Steam library says that I have it installed.

Wow, looks great! Again, you guys are working hard, I can't wait to see what this great game will become in the future.

21 minutes ago, mibars said:

How do you get this thing to work? I've "downloaded" it from Steam, it has launched Spintires, but no sign of any new truck or a map... Steam library says that I have it installed.

Reinstall if it fails. Or open your "Spintires/User/Config.xml" and check that it looks like this.

<!-- Last change v1.3.6 -->
<Config Version="20160303">
	<MediaPath Path="Media" />
	<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
	<MediaPath Path="TextureCache.zip" DoPrepend="true" />
	<MediaPath Path="MeshCache.zip" DoPrepend="true" />
	<MediaPath Path="CanyonsDLC.zip" DoPrepend="true" />

<System
		Width="1024"
		Height="768"
		Windowed="false"
		Maximized="true"
	/>
</Config>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

Reinstall if it fails. Or open your "Spintires/User/Config.xml" and check that it looks like this.

<System
		Width="1024"
		Height="768"
		Windowed="false"
		Maximized="true"
	/>
</Config>

I have SpinTiresPlus installed. Might that be preventing it from working perhaps?

Edited by DeltΔV

9 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

I have SpinTiresPlus installed. Might that be preventing it from working perhaps?

I also have ST+ installed, and it's working for me. Check both your "Spintires/User/Config.xml" as well as your "AppData/Roaming/Spintires/Config.xml" to verify that the appropriate "MediaPath" lines are present in both files.

1 minute ago, Mexican_420 said:

I also have ST+ installed, and it's working for me. Check both your "Spintires/User/Config.xml" as well as your "AppData/Roaming/Spintires/Config.xml" to verify that the appropriate "MediaPath" lines are present in both files.

yeah, i did. I'll check it again to see if it's working.

EDIT: Actually, I think I might just be stupid. It's a bit difficult to identify maps at a glance in the ST+ map menu, since they'e all just names clumped up at one corner to start with. Anyway, no excuse for me not to see that one. 😅

Edited by DeltΔV

This DLC is great so far! I haven't explored much of the new map yet, but it's looking good so far. I'm loving that new behemoth of a truck. I love huge, oddball vehicles like that. It's so awesome to see this game, that I love so much, get new updates after such a long hiatus.

Is anyone else getting white tires when trying to choose the second offroad tire option for the E-167? It looks like a missing texture or something.

• Like 2

White wheels, the way it should be, or a missing textures ?

20190828011332_1.jpg

Edited by oldman777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman777 said:

White wheels, the way it should be, or a missing textures ?

20190828011332_1.jpg

indeed missing textures 

Just tested the new vehicle.  I'm also having the missing texture problem on the 2nd wheel set.

But another possible issue is that there's no suspension on the 2nd axle.  Is this by design?

Edited by Unster

And this time my saved game survived.  Hopefully it stays that way, though I wonder if this was because the version didn't change.  Settings still got reset, but those can be redone.

12 hours ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

<System
		Width="1024"
		Height="768"
		Windowed="false"
		Maximized="true"
	/>
</Config>

Hi,

There aren't steam achivements about new truck and the new map ? Thank you :)

19 minutes ago, oldman777 said:

To rename:

Spintires\CanyonsDLC.zip\wheels_e167_wheel_02 => wheels_e167_wheel2

20190828114222_1.thumb.jpg.5ccaf20e6ded176f8b614f784c5d3aaf.jpg

This has been fixed now in a mini-update I've just pushed out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Unster said:

But another possible issue is that there's no suspension on the 2nd axle.  Is this by design?

This is by design - its actually quite clever since the truck acts like a see-saw which can help with climbing over things and getting out of mud ruts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't get my G27 to be detected in the game now. I'm using the Logitech profiler to open the game, but it's not registering anything. Any ideas?

Edit: It works with BeamNG, so it's not my computer messing up. Was wheel support removed? @Zane (Oovee)

Steam controller rubbish

Edited by DeltΔV

Hello, thanks for DLC, nice map and E-167!
However, I think the new truck has the wrong engine sound, it has the 2x ZIL 130 engine sound, but as you can read ZIL-E-167 has 2x ZIL 375 engines (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIL-E-167), so it should sound like this:

It's big difference bewteen ZIL 130 and 375 engines and it will be so cool, if you give us real engine sound! Are you guys plan to record ZIL 375 engine soon? :)
Also I noticed, that new ZIL has very soft tires, they are very unnaturally and unrealistically deformed.

Anyway, thanks for updating and improving the game, it's great! I love the latest update, and especially the new sounds are amazing (MAZ 535/7310 are just <33).

Keep good work guys!

• Like 2

Can anyone with a wheel confirm that the game does work with it and that the problem is on my end? Thanks

5 hours ago, DeltΔV said:

I can't get my G27 to be detected in the game now. I'm using the Logitech profiler to open the game, but it's not registering anything. Any ideas?

Edit: It works with BeamNG, so it's not my computer messing up. Was wheel support removed? @Zane (Oovee)

Haven't touched it