Oovee® Games

v1.3.6 (full) now available!

18 minutes ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Unneeded features will be removed from ST+ in v11, which should be ready next week.

To answer your question, SuspensionFix, MudSinkingFix, MaxDeformationPressure are still useful, but TireDeformationFix is in the game.

WTF! Do you actually sleep, guys? ST+ 11, DLC, Updates... speechless but very grateful! Thanks!

• Like 2

THANKS! @Localhost (Oovee) @Zane (Oovee) For the awesome news that are in this Update...I declare the modding Scene of ST Back Alive!

now another Important subject I've asked allot... When I would be able to animate my Sterring (Rack,PitMan Arm,Hubs,Steering Damper,Steering shaft,Steering wheel and Axle Shafts) without making use of cdts axles and use bone animations like i do on the Other Game? (the other game only lets you use Rack and Hubs but i worked my way with cdts on the non bone based animations)...Any eta? im diying to have those in here to migrate backto this game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, >Forces< said:

THANKS! @Localhost (Oovee) @Zane (Oovee) For the awesome news that are in this Update...I declare the modding Scene of ST Back Alive!

now another Important subject I've asked allot... When I would be able to animate my Sterring (Rack,PitMan Arm,Hubs,Steering Damper,Steering shaft,Steering wheel and Axle Shafts) without making use of cdts axles and use bone animations like i do on the Other Game? (the other game only lets you use Rack and Hubs but i worked my way with cdts on the non bone based animations)...Any eta? im diying to have those in here to migrate backto this game

Yes, this is what ST needs now, skilled modders to add high quality content. Looking forward to your next ST mod. 

• Like 1

The sad thing about WS maps, is that this seems to have gone unnoticed:

On 4/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Spintires Plus v9 is out.

This time we have:
-SupportWorkshopMedia: own volition. Allows the game to load maps and assets from the workshop.
For players, getting new maps, tweaks, retextures, objects, etc... Is as simple as having ST+ and subscribing to workshop items.
For modders, uploading new content involves steamcmd. It might be a bit complicated but I have included a guide in the documentation.

Oh well, those were the time where ST popularity was low and competitors were on the rise.

Funny that I was testing it in v11 just when you posted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, >Forces< said:

@Zane (Oovee) @Localhost (Oovee)

I second the above.  :)

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Zukakis said:

Just the sound effect when you arrive to a garage with a damaged truck, when it is being repaired there usually was a sound effect, now I just have silence and I wanted to check if it's something on my side or someone else is having the same issue after the update. The rest of the sounds are perfectly fine.

I think this was already an issue prior to 1.3.6.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Unster said:

I think this was already an issue prior to 1.3.6.

Really? I could bet it was there. I have the refueling sound but I was sure there was a "clank" sound too when arrived to a garage with a damaged truck. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Sorry for that then, @Zane (Oovee)

23 hours ago, Zukakis said:

Really? I could bet it was there. I have the refueling sound but I was sure there was a "clank" sound too when arrived to a garage with a damaged truck. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Sorry for that then, @Zane (Oovee)

I don't think there's anything to be sorry about.  It still needs to be fixed.  I just don't quite remember which sound was missing in the older versions when entering a garage.  It was probably the refueling sound.  That could be because the game was set to play only one sound, either the repair or refuel sound.  But I'm certain one of the sounds was missing at the garage in the older versions too.

Edit: A better solution would be to play the repair sound first and do the repairing, then after a small delay do the refueling.

Edited by Unster
  • Like 1

So, any news on the DLC? Have there been any issues, or is it still planned for today? Sorry to be annoying, but I like to know when stuff's happening. I don't mind if it's been delayed, just like to be informed.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, DeltΔV said:

So, any news on the DLC? Have there been any issues, or is it still planned for today? Sorry to be annoying, but I like to know when stuff's happening. I don't mind if it's been delayed, just like to be informed.

+1.  Just please stop killing saved games with every update.  I'd much rather have that fixed first and the next update delayed if needed.

BTW, the torque for the C-6520 is still wrong (I believe).  It's very high, similar to what the E-class has.  I find it hard to believe that IRL that kind of average truck would have the same torque as the 8x8 monster.   But I haven't tried to verify.

its not age its the exhaust its  straight through with maybe 1 muffler, no catalytic converter no soot filter nothing so yeah ofc flames get through, maybe the engine is running rich too who knows, i dont mind the occasional pop

I guess it happens only under load?  I assume this is driven by Zane's desire to add realism, but personally I have no experience with afterfire.  None of my vehicles have ever had it, even some of the older ones (80's models).  Can't speak for the very old ones.

Edited by Unster

Backfire can happen with gasoline engines (somethimes only sound and somethimes the sound of it and flame) And in Spintires the trucks are old and not in top condition so carnburetor settings may not be at its best and can put in a bit to much fuel wich leads to more frequent backfirering. Engine load and temperature etc inpact how "powerfule" and often the engine backfires. 

I think it's a nice touch to the game.  

On 8/27/2019 at 1:14 PM, Unster said:

I guess it happens only under load?  I assume this is driven by Zane's desire to add realism, but personally I have no experience with afterfire.  None of my vehicles have ever had it, even some of the older ones (80's models).  Can't speak for the very old ones.

My 82 Jeep CJ7 with the 4.2 straight six after fires (no flame but it does shoot a little soot) and back fires all the time especially if I romp on it lol, Just an old vehicle thing or carburetor thing I suppose.  

On 8/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, pantern02 said:

Backfire can happen with gasoline engines (somethimes only sound and somethimes the sound of it and flame) And in Spintires the trucks are old and not in top condition so carnburetor settings may not be at its best and can put in a bit to much fuel wich leads to more frequent backfirering. Engine load and temperature etc inpact how "powerfule" and often the engine backfires. 

I think it's a nice touch to the game.  

While it is a nice touch, I do think the after fire is way too frequent. I think a sound and some smoke would be far more realistic imho (far more realistic than a 2+ foot flame)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Sync_THE_BLACK_WIDOW said:

My 82 Jeep CJ7 with the 4.2 straight six after fires (no flame but it does shoot a little soot) and back fires all the time especially if I romp on it lol, Just an old vehicle thing or carburetor thing I suppose.  

While it is a nice touch, I do think the after fire is way too frequent. I think a sound and some smoke would be far more realistic imho (far more realistic than a 2+ foot flame)

Agree, too frequent.