Oovee® Games
TR3NTIsHere

What happened to the steam store page?

As the title says what happened to the steam store page? On Steamdb its says it been 20 hours since the the name and release date & Store tags has been removed. and there still hasn't been any official announcement about this. so what happened?

Confirmed, searching Steam Store for "Spintires" yields no results, and following the "Store Page" link from Library just redirects to main Steam Store page.

Oh no! Not what i want to here after a really good update.

It was like the rise of the phoenix from the ashes!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zane (Oovee) said:

We are aware of it... no official comments just yet.

Does it mean that whoever did it was not you?

7 hours ago, ryz said:

Does it mean that whoever did it was not you?

Agreed... No official info from Steam as to why the ST store page is gone/broken, or you know what's up and aren't "officially" commenting on it?

EDIT: not pointing any fingers, just looking for clarification.  :)

Edited by Mexican_420
  • Like 1

It would be a strange coincidence that this happens right after ST's recent updates transition from beta status to full game.  Unless it's a technical glitch with Steam which I doubt, I wonder if Focus (the publisher of MudRunner) took some legal action to block ST.  I hope not and it would only hurt both sides I think.

all i know is that it would be backup soon, that was told in the facebook group after someone made a post about it, i doubt focus did this because Oovee has the original  rights, and focus created a look a like game so yeah crossing fingers

Right, Oovee has the rights to ST but we don't know what all was in their contract, including maybe Oovee not further developing ST while MR is available.  There can be a lot of things in a contract and parties then can claim a breach of contract.  Hopefully it's just a technical issue with Steam.

So sad to see this happening after such a good update! @Zane (Oovee) you guys have been working hard to deliver this update, so seeing this happening is heartbreaking. I hope you can overcome whatever is going on. 

I'm with you!

• Like 2

I just went online to buy the game and it is gone!  What the hell?  I already own the competitor game Mudrunner but I thought I would try this out since its getting updates.   If it ever comes back is it worth getting if I already have the competitor?

37 minutes ago, ScottSanditsky said:

I just went online to buy the game and it is gone!  What the hell?  I already own the competitor game Mudrunner but I thought I would try this out since its getting updates.   If it ever comes back is it worth getting if I already have the competitor?

Yes!  I have both as do many others.  See my thread summarizing the comparison:

Both games have their pluses and minuses but unlike MR, ST still gets updates.

39 minutes ago, ScottSanditsky said:

I just started playing Spintires (haven't played Mudrunner) And i think it may be worth it in the long run it was only around $12 USD before taken off the store and just had some new changes and bug fixes and a small announcement that a free dlc is coming so it does look like they might be putting in work so it might be worth it. 

Ok, thanks guys.  Sounds to me like they are different enough to maybe try it.  $12 is fair for an older game.   Are there plans for a sequel or are they going to keep adding new maps?

4 minutes ago, ScottSanditsky said:

Ok, thanks guys.  Sounds to me like they are different enough to maybe try it.  $12 is fair for an older game.   Are there plans for a sequel or are they going to keep adding new maps?

Eventually maybe.  One thing I didn't mention in the other thread is that I also like ST's pavement traction more.  MR has way too much wheel spin, like you're driving on snow.  However I have both games adjusted for more sticky deep mud.  Lately I've been playing only ST since it looks sharper and has better audio too.  It's really just the amount of content where MR has the advantage, since it's been in total active dev longer.

3 minutes ago, Unster said:

Eventually maybe.  One thing I didn't mention in the other thread is that I also like ST's pavement traction more.  MR has way too much wheel spin, like you're driving on snow.  However I have both games adjusted for more sticky deep mud.  Lately I've been playing only ST since it looks sharper and has better audio too.  It's really just the amount of content where MR has the advantage, since it's been in total active dev longer.

Strange that it would look sharper, is it because they dumbed MR down for consoles?  I have it on PC only but I saw it for sale at Target for Xbox.

2 minutes ago, ScottSanditsky said:

Strange that it would look sharper, is it because they dumbed MR down for consoles?  I have it on PC only but I saw it for sale at Target for Xbox.

I didn't mean sharper in the literal sense.  Just better.  MR's mud is more chunky and the Russian maps are very gray while the American maps are over-saturated in my opinion.  Here's a screenshot comparison.

MR (a Russian map):

1557818236737-k-700-resized.jpg

ST:

1557818324694-20190505191617_1-resized.j

5 minutes ago, ScottSanditsky said:

I see what you mean.  I guess they used a different engine, I thought it was the same but it definitely looks different

Same engine, different shader settings.

Different shader, fog, daylight etc. settings.  Basic dynamic weather and smaller mud chunks on tires in ST, though they can be removed in MR.

-----

Edited by Unster
removed post since updated info is now available