Oovee® Games

[New Release] [3DS MAX] Spring Weight Tool 2.2.0

Marijn's Weight Tool, version 2

Here is the new Weight Tool Marijn and I worked on to perfect. It works a lot better and the error is fixed now.

Download

Marijn's Weight Tool v2

How to install Marijn's Spring Weight Tool, version 2

There is also a new feature where you can weight more that one spring at once.

I'll cover that more when I get the other tutorials done for it. They will be done asap for those that don't know how to use this.

Have fun...

Edited by Tattoo
New version released
  • Like 1

Here's another video I did yesterday to demonstrate what can be done using the weight tool. There is no sound tho. I was winging it and there were mistakes so I had to split 4 videos into one to create this. You can just follow along to see how I did it. I'll explain more in my next video when I show ya'll how to setup the IKs properly.

I hope this helps...

Creating a Compound Spring/Shock - No Sound

Working file for above video

Download

Spring Double Compressed Ends fixed

Edited by Tattoo
  • Like 2

EDIT to "Creating a Compound Spring/Shock"

I had a problem with the top spring and figured I should show ya what it was so ya'll didn't have the same problem as I did.

I also changed the working file and uploaded the fix.

Download

Spring Double Compressed Ends fixed

Edited by Tattoo
because I want to
  • Like 1

thanks for the vids tattoo, i'll add them to my 3ds tut private list for later once i get back into 3dsmax

You're welcome SOD. I felt bad for removing my stuff and told Hein, last year, I would redo it and I even gave em back all the useful links. Dunno if he ever posted them or not tho. I'm very sorry for doing what I did because of a couple idiots. I had 3 videos done, last October, but since Marijn changed it, the videos I did were obsolete. I'm working on getting em done now that I can. And with Mudrunner coming out soon, people will need this.

• Like 2

[3DS MAX] Spring Weight Tool 2.2.0

Marijn has been hard at work to bring you all a better version of the Weight Tool.
It is basically the same with a different layout and new section added as well as the endcap problem fully removed.

d213fb6dae4375e8a067b70e91e969c7-weightt

Download;
Spring Weight Tool 2.2.0

Here is the description of changes quoted from Marijn;

The layout has changed,
Help text has been added,
Autodetection of the endcaps, which totaolly fixes the endcap problem,
and the option to use an offset when the spring is part of a bigger mesh.

The last part is the 'Vertex range'.
That was added as a personal request by me for those who like a one part mesh, like Pavel does for the default vehicles.
It helps to cut down on draw calls when loading and using a vehicle mod.

Enjoy

Edited by Tattoo
  • Like 1

Not to forget, the tool now updates when selecting another object or modifier. It'll also inform you when you're missing the skin modifier, and add it automatically (though bones are not added automagically).

The instructions on the download page are updated to reflect all this new, improved and advanced functionality.