Oovee® Games
Sign in to follow this  
templargfx

TemplarGFX Modding

Hello Everyone,

I am working on mods for Spintires and now that I can post on the forums here, I thought I would create a thread for discussion!

MOD - More Dynamic Mud & Temp's Tweaks

Download - http://www.moddb.com/mods/more-dynamic-mud

About

More Dynamic Mud
-Dirt/Mud surfaces now consist of different materials depending on depth.
The top layer is dry soil with damp soil underneath, thick mud below that, and loose sloshy mud even lower still. Finally super deep down is a mix of mud and clay.
-There are a total of 27 Particle types used over 7 variable situation dependant effects!
Spinning the wheels, sliding sideways, pushing mud and driving fast all create their own effect variations which combine with depth based particle choice to create LOTS of variation!

Temp's Tweaks
-Improved Water physics reduces vehicle weight when submerged, and creates much stronger force on flat surfaces in rapids to create truly challenging water crossings
-Improved Mud physics reduces grip while spinning wheels, and increases the force required to push vehicle bodies through mud to make things less arcadey.
-Particle effects for water interaction have been updated to fix some bad looking effects. Surf spray around the vehicle totally reworked so a visible line of foam forms along the vehicle edge. Spinning wheels while partially underwater now produces realistic "water wheels" instead of weird splash spots.
-Dynamic Objects such as Rocks and Mud chunks and fallen trees reworked to act much more realistic. Rocks no longer roll around because you looked at them, provide realistic traction and have realistic weight.
-Terrain Types and Overlay config's modified to maximise usage of MDM. Includes many custom maps (just the config files, not the maps)
-Static Object and Rock physics fixes for better traction

I have also teamed up with Draconus to work on updating Spintires to bring it up to snuff!     So far I am working on a dynamic weather control system (which is 90% complete) that will drive any type of weather you want!

What "doable" updates and fixes would you like to see come to Spintires?

• Like 3

I'll like to have the shaders files to be like the demo ones dont know if you got to play whith it but it had this cool features (I dont really like to have the shaders setting on but still want to have those features)

-no need to have it on to get mud in the tires

-No need to have it on to get the tire tracks

-no smoke particles

I'll even donate your cause because this game has so much potential 

• Like 1

Man, what a shame for oovee that talented players improve their game, instead of them. I heard oovee plans to add weather in 2014 :rolleyes:

Btw, I wonder if the water can carry away, for example light vehicle? I remember it from old demo.

Regards.

I'll like to have the shaders files to be like the demo ones dont know if you got to play whith it but it had this cool features (I dont really like to have the shaders setting on but still want to have those features)

-no need to have it on to get mud in the tires

-No need to have it on to get the tire tracks

-no smoke particles

I'll even donate your cause because this game has so much potential 

I am not sure what you mean, you don't want to enable the features but you want the features enabled anway?

Does anyone know what format the cache is in, or how it has been generated?  Unfortunately the only version of the shaders I can find are out of date and not matching the current build so they can't be used to create a new shadercache

That's probably correct Templar. These two things alone that you are working on are bringing the game to a new level. Between you and Draconus, you guys are pretty much making a whole new spin tires. One thing that would be nice is creating an actual sky, I've always thought it was weird that there aren't any stars at night, moonlight, or clouds.  

So with this weather model, is there a way to make the surroundings dark when it storms, and bright whens its not etc.? Sounds awesome. 

EDIT: not sure if it's possible, but if you could make lightning flashes, that would be amazing.

Edited by Rough Rider

Yes

is more like having a medium set for shaders that replaces the low option, instead of the low (wich disable all or most of the shader adds) just a idea not sure if you can do it

That's probably correct Templar. These two things alone that you are working on are bringing the game to a new level. Between you and Draconus, you guys are pretty much making a whole new spin tires. One thing that would be nice is creating an actual sky, I've always thought it was weird that there aren't any stars at night, moonlight, or clouds.  

So with this weather model, is there a way to make the surroundings dark when it storms, and bright whens its not etc.? Sounds awesome. 

EDIT: not sure if it's possible, but if you could make lightning flashes, that would be amazing.

At the moment no, but I am hoping to find a way hidden in the game to make changes.  We could always end up going the route of a custom "cheat engine" app that syncs things together but I'd prefer if it was internal if possible.

Draconus and I are working on lightning already :P

Yes

is more like having a medium set for shaders that replaces the low option, instead of the low (wich disable all or most of the shader adds) just a idea not sure if you can do it

First we need a set of the current uncompiled shaders so that they can be used to figure out how the current compiled shader cache is built. Until then the shaders unfortunately are locked away from us

• Like 1

Just tested the mods nice adition to the game man and what a nice work on the mud friction, one thing I do have to point out is the camera maybe is to far away from the truck (imo) but some player might like it to take it back to the stock place I just have to rewrite the values in the media right? (I had tweaked my media before but never the camera values)

Just tested the mods nice adition to the game man and what a nice work on the mud friction, one thing I do have to point out is the camera maybe is to far away from the truck (imo) but some player might like it to take it back to the stock place I just have to rewrite the values in the media right? (I had tweaked my media before but never the camera values)

Hey!  Thanks for trying em out and the great feedback.   Your right. just copy the entire camera bit from the original file into the media.xml

When the next version comes out (which will be a collaboration mod) I will make sure we include a default camera option

Replace everything from (line 36)

<DriveCamera 

All the way to (line 192)

</DriveCamera>

With the same section from the original

Edited by templargfx

Guest Lord of the Rings

What "doable" updates and fixes would you like to see come to Spintires?

Would be nice if we could make Spintires more and more realistic in the future.

So would be nice if there where a bundle that includes all the nice stuff like.

Your Mods:

-More Dynamic Mud & Temp's Tweaks

-Dynamic Weather

And this Mods:

https://stmods.ru/spintires/mods/dorabotka_palki_v1_by_torhadd_for_spintires_v03_03_16/

https://stmods.ru/spintires/mods/kreplenie_defoltnyh_pricepov_telezhek_by_shekhrak_for_spintires_v03_03_16/

https://stmods.ru/spintires/materials_for_game/st_fixed_by_draconus_for_spintires/

You and Draconus did an amazing job. I can't wait for that rain mod .

Is possible to make some wood fences that brake when you hit them ?like those small branches in the game?

I always wanted a more destructible environment in Spintires.

templargfx hey man this is a excellent mod man thanks for sharing and im looking very forward to more from you and Drac.....i actually really love the camera angles and how steady it is now while driving makes it alot easier to record lol , Thanks again.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the support!

A very good friend of mine, ThisNthaT on youtube tests things out for me and he recorded a trail run with the latest version of the weather system that has a few significant updates

Weather is transitioning a little too fast but it's great for seeing it in action

Updates - Visual Wind (Youtube compression practically removes the dust effect unfortunately so its not noticeable in the videos)

New dust particle effect for strong wind during little to no rain while the ground is dry.  This is a barely visible effect and can be seen as fast moving wisps of dust raising from the ground

Improved mist particle effect and motion during heavy rain and light to medium wind. Moves slowly over the terrain and looks awesome!

Updates - New effect intensity code

I replaced the code that decides how many particles should be generated for each available effect at any moment. It was getting too expensive and with a fourth rain effect added the particle count passed 1000 generated per frame at times.

The system now groups effects into groups of 2, each group of effects has a maximum allowed particle limit, and how that limit is divided between the two is determined by the current in game weather value. With a bit of overlap between two groups the result much lower particle numbers per frame, and incredibly nice looking transitions!

Updates - New effect textures

Updates to some of the rain textures to balance rain density and a new custom single rain drop texture has been added.

Also a fourth rain texture has been created for the worst end of the weather system. this is a combination of rain 'streaks' and light fog and really creates the illusion of a heavy downpour

Other News :

Draconus has finished the first draft of the texture set for the Snow side of the weather system, and now I will be taking those and creating a snow configuration for the weather engine. Once that's working as well as the rain system I will need to create a high level control system to choose (and hopefully transition) between the two

A short video done by myself during testing that shows 0%-100%-0% weather

Edited by templargfx
  • Like 2

This makes Spintires what it should have been from the beginning!

Guest Lord of the Rings

Tried yesterday both of your MOD´s "More Dynamic Mud & Temp's Tweaks" together with the MOD "Fix for ST" with mud clamps on tires, tracks and the ground and new/old water physic, breakable twigs and movable spruces. I also modified the near end DOF.

This is now much more realistic and so much Eye Candy.

Waiting for your dynamic weather MOD.