Oovee® Games

so the old winch line is getting... well... old. so started messing around a bit and while colors are easy enough, it just was not enough for me. so i tried a few things and came across this. it is actually a bit of an illusion depending on the angle viewed, but it kinda works and i like it so far.

W.I.P. still working to try and get it better.

image.jpg

bottom pic shows what is going on visually a bit better.

image.jpg

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 1

well it is more like those illusion pictures with the straight lines that seem to curve or are at an angle really.

as you can see there is not twisting or angled lines. they are straight.

image.jpg

Edited by 8up local

oh my, i just found out and realized the winchline i made looks very much like the Improved Winchline draconus had released. while mine is done differently, it is still quite embarassing to say the least.  :unsure:

Edited by 8up local

ok, so i am new to this whole uploading thing, i guess approval is still in waiting. my bad for jumping the gun on thinking it was uploaded for release already. hopefully sometime next couple days, but i shall wait and see.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so had a few people say that the winchline is not working for them. after spending some time trying to figure it out i have realized what the deal is. when i made the winchline i had done it with my Anosotropic Filter off. if you have Anosotropic Filtering turned on it will not show the line correctly and will basicly look like any other line. so turn the filter off for the visual of the line to work. this is an oversight i made and sorry for missing this. also i will update the DL description.

You did a great job, because is impossible to make it look realistic. I made one a few weeks back, but it got stuck in the upload section (never bothered to ask a moderator to approve it)

It looks like this :P

985UbeK.jpg

• Like 1

You did a great job, because is impossible to make it look realistic. I made one a few weeks back, but it got stuck in the upload section (never bothered to ask a moderator to approve it)

It looks like this :P

985UbeK.jpg

that is basicly what mine looks like, have you tried turning off anostropic filter? make a world of difference since it does not try to blend it. looks like you used double pixel for your lines. i used single pixel lines on mine.

image.jpg

well i have a ok PC but nothing great and i can tell the lag when turning the filter on at any setting. still though it is turning it off that gets the line to give the visual i wanted, turning it on "blends the texture?" together making it look like any other line basicly.

Edited by 8up local