Oovee® Games
Sign in to follow this  
AlexP

PAYJOB for MODDERS: Jeep M715 wanted

Hi guys,

i am a spintires player from the very first beginning and i have to say that i really love this game ;)

I love playing trail maps very much but also well done working maps for hardcore logging.

But now what i really want to say ;) :

My favorite mod of all time for Spintires would be a Jeep m715. So for my search for now no one ever made this kind of jeep for spintires. I don't know why, because it is a very very capable offroader and with a little bit of tuning it becomes a real serious crawler or great support truck ;)

So what i want to ask for is if here is one of our great modders in this forum who wants do make a great jeep M715 for spintires.
I would be cool if it would be a possible to switch from a very stock model 715 to a highly modded one via add ons, just like Bregel showed that in his 80 series LandCruiser. Of course this jeep would offer many opportunities for several other add ons and also trailers for transporting other trucks or fuel repair and so on....

So i want this mod so bad that i am willing to pay for it ;) Maybe it will be possible to do something like a crowd founding project when we find some more people who are willing to pay a few dollars for such a great mod ;)

So if anybody of you great modders out there thinks this could be a nice project let me know, i will be very thankful ;)

Thanks

Here are some inspiring pictures for that project:

post-87147-0-26890300-1470815914_thumb.jpg

post-87147-0-07915200-1470815917_thumb.jpg

post-87147-0-67228700-1470815920_thumb.gif

Hi guys,

i am a spintires player from the very first beginning and i have to say that i really love this game ;)

I love playing trail maps very much but also well done working maps for hardcore logging.

But now what i really want to say ;) :

My favorite mod of all time for Spintires would be a Jeep m715. So for my search for now no one ever made this kind of jeep for spintires. I don't know why, because it is a very very capable offroader and with a little bit of tuning it becomes a real serious crawler or great support truck ;)

So what i want to ask for is if here is one of our great modders in this forum who wants do make a great jeep M715 for spintires.

I would be cool if it would be a possible to switch from a very stock model 715 to a highly modded one via add ons, just like Bregel showed that in his 80 series LandCruiser. Of course this jeep would offer many opportunities for several other add ons and also trailers for transporting other trucks or fuel repair and so on....

So i want this mod so bad that i am willing to pay for it ;) Maybe it will be possible to do something like a crowd founding project when we find some more people who are willing to pay a few dollars for such a great mod ;)

So if anybody of you great modders out there thinks this could be a nice project let me know, i will be very thankful ;)

Thanks

Here are some inspiring pictures for that project:

Spun, Brute or I would love to work on one of these. We just need the model

• Like 1

Hey man, thats what i wanted to hear ;)

You make me a very very happy guy now just knowing that you guys would love to work an my favorite jeep.

So Hazzard you say you need a model....where could we get this model from? And how much would it cost?

There is this site however, buying a model sight unseen is really risky especially with the prices they charge. Even more so because they have a few models that are frankly terrible eg.(http://humster3d.com/2012/10/09/jeep-cherokee-xj-4-door-2001/)

http://humster3d.com/2016/02/02/kaiser-jeep-m715-1967/

I personally would wait until they release the model but if you can't wait it is an option just a good possibility of backfiring. 

• Like 1

Hi Powers,

thanks for your reply. i know this website ans i think they have many pretty nice models but you are right, buying a model you have never seen is quite a risk. The price is not a big deal but i am concerned about the quality.
Don't really know where to get a good model from but waiting till they release the model doesn't seem to be an option for me, i would like to see the finished model on the trail in 2016 ;)

So if anybody has an idea how we can start this project please let me know. 

I love the idea of turning this into a Spintires mod! I have always liked the old jeeps, they were great offroaders and everyone loved them. I'm all about modders making more vintage offroad vehicles, I like them better than the new tech and equipment. Good idea, I will be on the look out for a 3D model for you.

I'm no modeller, but does this model have a dealbreaker flaw?

(3d preview here: https://www.yobi3d.com/v/DYLulKpfAi/Jeep_M715.3DS/715 )

I looked at the 3d preview, looks like interior, transmission & leaf springs are done. License seems to be ok, but texture might need a extra bit of love.

I think someone who knew what they were doing with a month working on it could make it look good but speaking from experience it might take less time to start from scratch then to fix a rough mesh. Looking at the 3d preview I see a lot of signs that the mesh is in rough shape as in reduced polys and smoothed to optimize the model which is a real pain to fix. I just know people like spun and brute will not touch that model with a 10ft pole 

Edited by powers2440
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Nice to see some more people getting involved in that :)

I looked at the model mentioned above but I have no idea about modding so I can't say nothing about the quality.

Has someone here the chance to talk to people like Spun or Brute about that project? Maybe from modder to modder :)

I wouldn't really know what to say, I am just the guy who wants this mod so bad :)

So if someone is able to find a 3D model that has a good quality or is able to make such a model from scratch please let me know.

I know this project can be done and I know there are more guys like out there who wants this bad ass jeep :)

I think someone who knew what they were doing with a month working on it could make it look good but speaking from experience it might take less time to start from scratch then to fix a rough mesh. Looking at the 3d preview I see a lot of signs that the mesh is in rough shape as in reduced polys and smoothed to optimize the model which is a real pain to fix. I just know people like spun and brute will not touch that model with a 10ft pole 

I agree with this for sure, It would be so much easier to make one from scratch then try to fix that model,  seems like it was a good model at one point, but then just pro optimized way low and then smoothed trying to fix the mesh errors, would be hell trying to fix that model up to a good looking state.  I would love to see one of these Jeeps in spintires though.

I was searching for a 3D model of the m715 jeep for 3 hours now.....no result :(

Would it be helpful for you modders to use the model of a jeep gladiator, the civil version of that jeep and do some changes to make it look like the military version? I know that would be a lot of work but perhaps this could be a way?!

I found that model of a jeep gladiator:

http://humster3d.com/2015/11/11/jeep-gladiator-1962/

Please let me know what you think and maybe who is willing to do that :)

I'm no modeller, but does this model have a dealbreaker flaw?

(3d preview here: https://www.yobi3d.com/v/DYLulKpfAi/Jeep_M715.3DS/715 )

I looked at the 3d preview, looks like interior, transmission & leaf springs are done. License seems to be ok, but texture might need a extra bit of love.

that's a good model to start in the moding bussines but he's looking for something a bit more detailed that's why he offers to pay

Also 3dVia 3d warehouse is as legit as Tf3d *Sarcasm* *Cough RIPPED MODELS Cough* 

most of the models are taken with the 3D via ripping Screenshot Method and then they auto store in the 3d warehouse they have

Edited by >Forces<

@powers2440 and Vengeful Maniac: it's a shame for the model but at least I learned something today, thank you.

Also 3dVia 3d warehouse is as legit as Tf3d *Sarcasm* *Cough RIPPED MODELS Cough* 

most of the models are taken with the 3D via ripping Screenshot Method and then they auto store in the 3d warehouse they have

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in future.

Edited by Localhost

that's a good model to start in the moding bussines but he's looking for something a bit more detailed that's why he offers to pay

Then redo the model

Edited by ccszvnoel1

Wohoooooo, Serious, what beautiful things you bring to my eyes :)

Is this an actual project you started already or does it have something to do with my request here?

Please give us some more details of your mod and your plans with it, I have to know more about it.

It looks really awesome already!!!

Just practicing in 3dsmax. No real plans for it yet since I just model. could have some one put it in the game once im happy with it.

• Like 1

I think your practice looks good Serious ;)

So, if you haven't any real plans for this mod so far, how could i convince you to bring this mod over the finish line and make it a bad ass old military jeep?

HELL YEAHH, Serious, this is looking more and more amazing.

I am looking forward to see your progress on that bad ass baby.

I hope your plans are to build the whole truck incl. chassis, axles, tires and stuff?

Or is it just a little bit 3D modeling exercise for you?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!!!!

Yea, I will get around to making everything. Just a few parts at a time. But it takes time to find reference pics of all the parts on the internet. also I have other things I'm working on too. I will post any pics of progress that I make on here

That sounds amazing Serious.

I am pretty excited to see the progress of that jeep, I am sure it will turn out awesome!

Are you able to say when you think this mod could be finished?

Thanks for your effort man, I appreciate that very very much.

Are you able to say when you think this mod could be finished?

Unfortunately I do not know when it will be finished, just like no one know when the humster pre-order one will be out. But with that said I will keep chipping away at it, Im not a professional modeler so I move at my own pace. I just model for fun and the learning experience. If the humster one comes out before Im done feel free to go that route. cheers mate  :)

Hey Serious,

It's like I said, I appreciate what you do so take your time and just have fun modeling the jeep :)

No one knows when the humster model will be released so I will be very happy to see some progress time after time in this post :)

Thank you very much bro.

• Like 1

Small progress, been busy doing other things, made the windshield brackets and mostly working on the bed details. tailgate should be on later, will post a pic then.

0HU1EeY.png

r4JDofv.png

• Like 4