Oovee® Games

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voto1979

Weekly Challenge

Weekly Challenge ( each week a new map from the pros. )

No matter if you are play in single or multiplayer join the challenge and download each week a new map with better textures, nice custom objects and natural design.
We start our challenge today with the 16KW23a.

More infos can be found here http://voto1979-spintires.tumblr.com
and also how to install the maps http://voto1979-spintires.tumblr.com/media_voto1979

Please read the installation manual carefully ... its easy to install trust me ;)
As always I like to get your feedback on the subject and also suggestions for the next challenge.

-------
I created a seprated media libray so that I can update the library without reuploading everthing for each map as I create new maps for the weekly challenge.
But my english is not the best so I would like to know if the install instruction is unterstandable.
-------
Also I would like to feature with each map new modders or website such as spintires.nl (but I doubt that this site needs any sign to get popular ;) ) as long the topic is Spintires you are welcome. Just try the first map and you see what I mean.

tumblr_o8cdkunA0V1vsicu2o1_540.png

What I'm about to say is offtopic, so my apologies, but I went to your site and saw the lego truck and it reminded me of the toy trucks (dump, pickup, and tonka) I did a long time ago. Just wanted to say your lego truck is awesome.

I think this is a cool idea, by the way. I'll check out your map this weekend when I have more time.

well i tried this and my pc black screened when trying to load the level, so then i tried installing it without the voto1979.zip and downloads folder with no changes to the config for spintires and now it just says file either broken/old version.

@freeman ;) thank you ...

@SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH ...

You downloaded the media_voto1979.zip and copy it to your spintires game folder and you also registrate this zip file in the config.xml?

For some people it works when the at DoPrepend="true"

<MediaPath Path="media_voto1979.zip" DoPrepend="true" />

I know that google drive have sometimes server issues which corrupt the downloaded zip files. You can easily check if the zip is corrupted if you try to open them ... if you get a warning then you have to redownload them.

I dont understand why it is working for some and not for all ... I dont want to force you to install the media content with jsgm.

For me and at least for 3 others it works (who download and installed it).

Can I ask you what your system spec. are? Maybe the textures or objects are to big (polygons and texture size) or the zip is corrupted. Can you also provide a screenshot from your config.xml (%appdata%/Spintires/Config.xml) and also a screenshoot from your game directory?

I really like to know why it is not working!

I did a few changes and also add a description to the new media library to exclude possible errors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whould you mind SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH to try this out??  

If this is working for you I change the method on how I provide the content.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JPK55pmor2alpTdGw1WHcwRUU/view?usp=sharing

Works perfectly fine here.

@voto: As a suggestion, you could add the MediaPath lines as copyable text to your readme so we don't need to retype them (and possibly make some typos).

stupid me ... ;) I will update the library incl. a readme. thank you MarijnS95.

I hope that now the user will get no further trouble on installing the library.

Sneek Peek for 16KW24a with new textures for forest, dry mud and you will see ;)

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o4_1280.jpg

CdnFury Games made a nice teaser for Spintires - The Weekly Challenge 2016 KW23A

thought i'd let you know this, when going back to the map and continuing a save this spot of the mud has big issues

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255957580505465045/D27EBAC48E8B771595EAF4D12C3B8E1E6414FCDA/

this is where its located.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255957580505472450/C4CF84A61CF2618FBCCF9DFE716EE4C926C08B51/

thank you I will have look tomorrow ;) and I will see if I can reproduce this issue

thought i'd let you know this, when going back to the map and continuing a save this spot of the mud has big issues

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255957580505465045/D27EBAC48E8B771595EAF4D12C3B8E1E6414FCDA/

this is where its located.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255957580505472450/C4CF84A61CF2618FBCCF9DFE716EE4C926C08B51/

I've seen that issue on stock maps from buggy mods. Could be a mod you have installed. I forget what exactly the issue was. Might get lucky and see an error in the log.

Interesting ;) I could not reproduce the issue ...

Should I use the mod on screenshot?

Interesting ;) I could not reproduce the issue ...

Should I use the mod on screenshot?

can't get the mod in the screenshot as i have not released it yet lol, now that i think about it i did alt tab, did you try that? may just be the game being its buggy self and not your map.

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o5_r1_1280.jpg

we will hide all the bugs under a thick layer of fog haha ;)

That's an interesting idea you've got on the north east for the log kiosk.

I went to the spot SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH mentioned but didn't see anything wrong.

However there is a problem with Media_voto1979.zip: there is stuff in there that shouldn't be:

-all "billboard" textures from the base game, they are unaltered and just make the download bigger.

-a lot of class XML files, for example class/trucks, class/wheels, half of class/waters, class/env, etc...

I noticed that because your map was overwriting the fixes I applied to base trucks.

I completed a run on your map, and overall it was a pretty enjoyable ride, with smart placement of custom objects giving some life/background/history to the map. I haven't explored all path, just took the most straightforward ones, and difficulty seemed between "right" and "easy", but I use heavily OP trucks with unlimited fuel. In any case it was fun, so thanks for that.

Thank you for checking if the mud- bugs appears.

Thank you also for the hint ;) with the library ... with the next map I will update also the library without adding the default stuff. (Totally forgot about that)
With the weekly challenge I can not deliver a story only a enjoyable or hard ride ;) so you did the right thing no matter if you cheat or not completed all task/objects! Thats why you can choose your trucks freely ... it's just about fun, new textures and landscapes each week and sometimes new custom objects. I want to publish fresh looking maps or at least one or two eye candys with each map.

Don't feel the need to finish something but I guarantee you that a map will come where you feel the need to do so ;)

---------------------

I think we can forget the repetitive garage (just a little hint)

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o6_r1_1280.jpg

The new map "16KW24a" for the Weekly Challenge is online..
and I also updated the "media_voto1979.zip" (Library) so you need to download this also ;)
If you have the old libray allready installed you can replace the ...zip with the new library. You dont lose your save games and older maps will work also.

• new Garage / Factory
  • new Trees (Broadleaf)
  • new water
  • higher Rock textures (update)
  • new small stone / rocks

Some screenshots.

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o1_r1_540.png
tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o4_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o5_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o6_r2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o8_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o8g4blq0m81vsicu2o10_r1_1280.jpg