Oovee® Games
MarijnS95

Official word on timebombs, and exciting news - the discussion

The Least Oovee could do its let us know they are busy with everything we already know they are working on from their teasers. but no its like they dont even care about us (the people they helped make this game popular) 

I think Hein hit the nail on the  head as why Oovee dont say anything anymore.  When their is nothing to say that wont break a NDA, and you say "good things are coming", most people dont believe it due to Oovees track record.

Thanks Hein for risk breaking a NDA by admitting the fact that something is being worked on.  If I had to choose who to believe between Oovee and Hein I would choose Hein because I no longer believe / trust what  Oovee has to say anymore.  

• Like 1

As I said before, the lack of news has made me loose all interest. I'm following dev teams that give WEEKLY updates to what they're doing.

• Like 1

Hi admins :)

I want to ask you something about my old proposal :)

1st, i bought this game a long time ago. I played Spintires every day.

Than, game is getting boring for me, and i am stop playing, almost a year ago.

Uncloacking, driving same map every day .... sorry, but this is start to be borring after months of play :)

Then, i had some ideas, how to improve the game, but i never got an answer.

So, my suggestion is related to economy and mp, and it is - allow players to build own company.

New players could drive, perform tasks ... etc etc ... for these players, until they earn enough money to build up their own company.

Players would strive to develop business, to have as much forest, truck ... whatever, could pay players ... the possibilities are as endless.

You should also need to improve the part of the game that relates to work in the forest:

- more places where trees are loaded.

- truck loading should be improved, to.

- maps should have been much bigger.

- etc etc :)

This is also should be big part of this game, not only to driving a truck :)

I do not know to explain it nicely, but i hope you understand the point :)

Now, is there any progress about my old proposal? Do you at least thinking in that direction :)

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Aww.

Well, Zivojin, not that this is going to make you feel better but there's this huge thread with suggestions from fans like us. Take a stroll through there sometime and count how many they've implemented.

I'll give you hint: it's not many. 

And as you can see they haven't been very responsive here either.

Edited by freeman

Hi admins :)

I want to ask you something about my old proposal :)

1st, i bought this game a long time ago. I played Spintires every day.

Than, game is getting boring for me, and i am stop playing, almost a year ago.

Uncloacking, driving same map every day .... sorry, but this is start to be borring after months of play :)

Then, i had some ideas, how to improve the game, but i never got an answer.

So, my suggestion is related to economy and mp, and it is - allow players to build own company.

New players could drive, perform tasks ... etc etc ... for these players, until they earn enough money to build up their own company.

Players would strive to develop business, to have as much forest, truck ... whatever, could pay players ... the possibilities are as endless.

You should also need to improve the part of the game that relates to work in the forest:

- more places where trees are loaded.

- truck loading should be improved, to.

- maps should have been much bigger.

- etc etc :)

This is also should be big part of this game, not only to driving a truck :)

I do not know to explain it nicely, but i hope you understand the point :)

Now, is there any progress about my old proposal? Do you at least thinking in that direction :)

Thank you :)

You really think Oovee are goin to reply to you? lol

• Like 3

Why not :)

I give them money, so, i think, least they can do for me, is to give me an answer to my proposal :)

You think that i ask a lot?

:) :) :)

• Like 2

Aww.

Well, Zivojin, not that this is going to make you feel better but there's this huge thread with suggestions from fans like us. Take a stroll through there sometime and count how many they've implemented.

I'll give you hint: it's not many. 

And as you can see they haven't been very responsive here either.

Ok :)

Sorry :)

I will be careful in the future :)

Edited by Zivojin

Why not :)

I give them money, so, i think, least they can do for me, is to give me an answer to my proposal :)

You think that i ask a lot?

:) :) :)

I don't think your asking a lot,its just Oovee communication isn't very good,as your finding out :)

• Like 2

You know, Oovee reminds me a lot like a politician. Both suggest all kinds of huge history changing ideas, the people get excited and cannot wait to see them carried out. But yet, both never carry out anything they suggest. Both lie about everything to cover up something dirty that they have done in the past or plan to do. It just goes on and on, face it we will never have the updates and changes we were promised. All the apologies, all the excitment, all the trust, forget it all.

Edited by AustinWii
  • Like 6

I bet ya the Spintires legal team have been swamped for over an year with nda's, enforcing nda's, suing people, contracts, writing inner office memos, writing the rare official news on this web site, writing communications between the publisher and the programmer and visa versa and etc. 

With any luck the legal team will get this updates work order written by the end of this month and then it will go to the board for approval so it can be hand carried by foot to the programmer.  Crossing the ocean will have to be done in an one man canoe to avoid any leaks of confidential information.

The legal department is the unsung hero working around the clock and I think they have all the money now.  lol

Edited by acidbath
  • Like 3

All this blabla blame here, blame there.

What really surprises me is that no one else has made a clone of this game yet. Or at least implemented most of the appealing features of the same.

Someone who knows how to keep up the pace of development post launch. Someone that also doesn't fear the community by keeping them out of the loop.

I remember a time when games used to be developed for the love of games. Not to prevent piracy, modifications and just sell copies.

To be honest, this game could have been so much more but constant greediness between all involved parties has killed it.

• Like 5

Yeah I'm very surprised another dev studio hasn't come up with similar game after the success of spintires,shows there's a big demand for this type of game.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm very surprised another dev studio hasn't come up with similar game after the success of spintires,shows there's a big demand for this type of game.

Mostly down to money and knowledge. Devs would need to make a custom engine to support terrain deformation and soft body physics. But knowing how shady & stupid oovee are, they would be the type to sue other developers for making a similar game.

• Like 3

All the new game has to be about is something else than delivering logs.  Look at the new game "War Truck Simulator" here on steam.  The developer would like to do mud simulation in the future but right now its a little rough.  The game is a diamond in the rough that has not sold a whole lot of copies yet.  If the game gets some financial and or programming help and has a devoted, helpful mod community like this game, which has but is getting smaller every day, who knows what the game could become.

I have no financial interest in the game or know the people involved but I have played it and seen the possibilities and the developer does answer questions.

Maybe Oovee could join forces with  "War Truck Simulator" and combine its game idea with Oovees mud physics.  I think it would be an easy money maker and make alot of people happy. 

I personally have suggested a paid DLC. I would happily buy a map and a couple of new trucks. I'm sure the money wouldn't do the company any harm (as long as it was spent on development of the game).

The last major update included the log kiosks. I don't like them at all. It gives unlimited logs. The whole point of finding logs outside of a lumber yard was to find them. It made making maps interesting. Once the log kiosk update happened, I lost the ability to make maps. There is half of the support for making maps using the Spintires Editor, but I can't seem to get water to work properly after I add a model. I don't really want to resort to using World Machine, but that is what the rest of the map making community is doing to create wonderful (some not-so-wonderful) maps. The community seems to be developing the game faster than the developers. I see many maps with custom models and even custom vehicles. If users can make these custom models, why can't the development team do it? The biggest problem that I see in the user made maps is the extensive use of mud.. especially on roads. If you get off the road, there is no mud at all. The mud that is on the road is so deep that if you get into it at an angle, you can flip the truck. It seems like you are falling into a pit or off a cliff. Deep mud is fine, but these people need to learn to make it gradual like it is in official maps. Ultimately, I am waiting for proper map support which will hopefully come with the addition of the barriers. Unfortunately, the barriers could be easily circumvented. Pavel, just do a search for Spintires user maps and I am sure that you will find many mod sites that include these user maps. Maybe learn something? I know that the truth may hurt, but get with the program.

The last major update included the log kiosks. I don't like them at all. It gives unlimited logs. The whole point of finding logs outside of a lumber yard was to find them. It made making maps interesting.

I think if the loggers are cutting logs and the forwarder is bringing them to the kiosk, then it would be pretty unlimited until the forest is completely felled. I've never done any more than four loads, so i wouldn't know even if they were limited.

I remember a time when games used to be developed for the love of games. Not to prevent piracy, modifications and just sell copies.

Hahahaha

oh wait, you're serious

Hahahahaha

no offence everyone but it has been about nine months without any news....so is this the end of the game maybe? :/

end of the game? na far from it i think.

now end of oovee supporting the game? that is a big maybe right now. word is, something is coming, but what? i have no idea. infact only oovee have any clue as to what it is from my understanding. so for now i guess we shall wait and see what this surprise is supposed to be.