Oovee® Games
MarijnS95

Official word on timebombs, and exciting news - the discussion

yep, the game has died for people like you it seems. for the rest of us, not so much.

i hope you at least enjoyed your time with the game.  :)

It does seem clear that oovee and Pavel have no intent on doing anything further with this game though based on the "crickets" in the forum and the supposed changes he has stated. At least if the Youtube comments are factual. Yes, I know that there have been no "official comments" at this point which is part of my beef but that would seem to be what is implied here. Sure, I know the modding community will keep the game fresh as much as they can, but what happens when we reach another "timebomb" or something similar that can't be rectified?

I have enjoyed my play time with this game even though I could see so much improvement available with some work from its creator. It pisses me off that the community has been left hanging for all this time especially since there is so much potential. I have said before that it is not the communities responsibility to maintain the game. After all, they receive no financial gain from doing so whatsoever. Any purchase made provides funds to the publisher and I assume at least Pavel. To lay the repairs and expansion at the modders feet is inappropriate at best and criminal at worst. Just my opinion of course but with all the potential available to improve this game it seems to be such a waste of talent. /Rant off.

• Like 2

It does seem clear that oovee and Pavel have no intent on doing anything further with this game though based on the "crickets" in the forum and the supposed changes he has stated. At least if the Youtube comments are factual. Yes, I know that there have been no "official comments" at this point which is part of my beef but that would seem to be what is implied here. Sure, I know the modding community will keep the game fresh as much as they can, but what happens when we reach another "timebomb" or something similar that can't be rectified?

true if something was to happen again like the timebomb thing, then we shall see what will happen. although if memory serves me correct, was it not the modding community that found the original timebomb fix to begin with? then oovee took from that and gave us their "own" fix. someone correct me if i am wrong here please.

i have faith in the community and the community is far more than just this little forum. i see where you are coming from and agree it can happen, but i shall just keep going till it happens. 

true if something was to happen again like the timebomb thing, then we shall see what will happen. although if memory serves me correct, was it not the modding community that found the original timebomb fix to begin with? then oovee took from that and gave us their "own" fix. someone correct me if i am wrong here please.

i have faith in the community and the community is far more than just this little forum. i see where you are coming from and agree it can happen, but i shall just keep going till it happens. 

I believe it was Localhost that found and fixed it from the start.  :huh:

• Like 2

Should I laugh or Cry?

or the fact that the Zil 130,Uaz 469 are model taken from other games adn I'm not talking about the ones on this Mobile game 

I mean the real spintires trucks 

some are taken from Red dragoon I want to hear what oovee has to say about it

http://imgur.com/a/6XBzP

the kraz and Maz are from a 3d modeler so they don't really count as stolen or taken without Permision 

Edited by >Forces<

I don't think they are stolen, those models are available on the net and some of them are free.They are cheap....but not stolen.Maybe only the environment sounds were used without permission.

Zil 131 and  Kamaz 4310 are also made by a 3d modeler (Alexander Burov) the same guy who made the famous Bat-M.

Same story with Gaz 66, Ural ,and K-700 which are made by Pavel Pavaks for the game.

Here is the Uaz: http://animium.com/2014/08/uaz-469

Kirovets K-700, Gaz 66, Ural : https://www.artstation.com/artist/pavaks

Zil 130 : https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/zil-130-truck-3d-3ds/713484

Zil 131, Kamaz 4310: https://80.lv/articles/bringing-realism-to-spintires-vehicles/

Edited by Stellyan
  • Like 2

what happens when we reach another "timebomb" or something similar that can't be rectified?

I believe there are no timebombs in the current steam version. I just played for an hour with my system date set to 2030, so you're probably safe until at least 2030.

But should timebombs still be present and activate again in the steam edition, drop me a PM and I will look into it, even if it's in a couple decades. Let's hope the forum's email notifications still work at that time...

Note that I do not and will not own the mail.ru version, the "2017 HD remaster", or any of the paid patches so I cannot fix anything in those editions.

I believe it was Localhost that found and fixed it from the start.

Some people found the RunAsDate workaround in 2015 before I started playing ST. Then in 2016 when it started crashing on my face, I made my dll fix not knowing there was already a solution.

Edited by Localhost
  • Like 5

I don't think they are stolen, those models are available on the net and some of them are free.They are cheap....but not stolen.Maybe only the environment sounds were used without permission.

Zil 131 and  Kamaz 4310 are also made by a 3d modeler (Alexander Burov) the same guy who made the famous Bat-M.

Same story with Gaz 66, Ural ,and K-700 which are made by Pavel Pavaks for the game.

Here is the Uaz: http://animium.com/2014/08/uaz-469

Kirovets K-700, Gaz 66, Ural : https://www.artstation.com/artist/pavaks

Zil 130 : https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/zil-130-truck-3d-3ds/713484

Zil 131, Kamaz 4310: https://80.lv/articles/bringing-realism-to-spintires-vehicles/

that Uaz from Animiun.com was ripped from Spintires back in legacy so as the Zil 130 from Turbosquid (wich has been flagged by various users as stolen)

In my post I name the models That are still the same stolen modeland hasn't been changed, wich are the Uaz from Red Dragoon and the Zil, How I know the Zil is taken from other game it has a modeled,textured engine wich was later covered with planes in a 3d software , it has a separated mesh for the doors,Hood, Front Bumper and Sterring wheel wich sugest that the game that had it before must have open doors and detachable Bumper and a Working sterring

the Kraz 255 with the log cart and Long log trailer,Maz 535 with the Carriage and Short log trailer, the old Ural 4320 and his crane were bought a long time ago from a 3d modeler, so as the new Kamaz,Urals,Zil 131,Maz 537 so those don't count 

• Like 1

Agreed. It was the community that provided the fix and I will continue to play and learn the mod process as well. I like making maps but I am nowhere good enough to create something others would be interested in. I dont know enough about creating vehicle's or actual game code to provide any actual improvements. Hopefully things continue and I am hopeful things improve but I dont think I will invest more money unless there is some history behind a new version. I dont feel like I was cheated on this purchase but I expected more I guess so thats on me.

• Like 2

So, its been nearly another half a year since the last update, and I talk for everyone that plays the game. We are tired. All we want is some honest disclosure about what has happened to the game. We don't care about the "Legal issues" anymore because, in all seriousness, we all know that the game has essentially died already. What's the worst that could happen?

We would like a fully honest video, where you talk to us, the COMMUNITY, who without us, there would be no game. Oovee wouldn't have an award winning game, and Pavel would still have a side project that goes nowhere. 

What the community would appreciate is a video or even better, a LIVESTREAM, where the viewers can watch and MAKE COMMENTS which can be answered.

We want our game back. The game which we have stayed loyal to no matter how much it has been through.

Please Oovee, just be honest, tell us what has happened.

Thank you for listening

P.S. For the Mods that are still out there keeping these forums alive.... You are honestly the best <3

BTW how will we make mods for console (if it ever comes out) BC i love making my maps and im sure ppl will be filling our inboxes with "can u make a rock crawler map" type of deal, so idk really how we would do it? I mean without mods and maps this game is a peice of $H!T. So the console version won't do good without something like a in-game workshop or something like that right? 

• Like 1