Oovee® Games
MarijnS95

Official word on timebombs, and exciting news - the discussion

If someone could translate the discussion better that would help. That Google translation could mean anything, and I still haven't read (ie Google translated) anything that indicates the abandonment of the current Steam version. The only thing I've been able to make out is something negative regarding a Steam update. "Not updated soon" still means there could be an update within a few months. "No update this year" is even more reasonable. "No update until after console release" doesn't seem unreasonable either, assuming they're releasing some time during 2017 (Oovee mentioned targeting spring I think? not that their word means much regarding these things) "No more updates ever", while not entirely unthinkable, is not something I've been able to gather from the - albeit poor - translations. Any specific quite for this specific detail?

• Like 4

It's very unprofessional of Pavel to expect us to read "news" in a langauge we do not understand. Not everything can be translated correctly.

well is it that wrong he is giving an answer in his language for a question in his language? no, i think not. i do think it is a bit much to expect him to answer that question in every language though. i do not believe you are going to be narrow minded enough to expect that, you are better than that Austin.

this is what i am getting on about. he might have giving a reply to a question regarding what we would like to know, but is it an official answer? no it is not really. it is him saying what he thinks basicly.

does Pavel still own the rights to the game? or does Oovee own the rights? the true owner of the game rights needs to answer our questions. for they are the ones who are deciding what and where things are going to go.

what happens from here on for the game is what it is going to be, but we the consumers/community just want to know what is going on since it has been since april 2016 that we have had any real word about what they are planning to do and where things are going. i feel they do not have to say every little thing because they might have something in the waiting for us the consumer/community as a sort of surprise, but at the same time they really should not be keeping us totally in the dark. this is how bad rumors and unrest in the community starts. 

really though Oovee needs to be the ones answering our questions, not us having to dig and hunt through the web to find out what "might" be going on, which generally ends with more questions and more unsatisfied consumers/community that what is started with in the beginning.

• Like 3

I don't speak russian either , but I thought is was easy for him to answer if I ask in his language.

Here is the "conversation" translated:

Stellyan 3:06 pm
    Hi Pavel. Can you please tell me if the Steam version will be updated in the near future? at least a version with the features from mail.ru?

Pavel 8:54 pm

Hi. The Steam version will hardly receive any update.

Stellyan 6:52 pm

Thanks for your reply. So the next version will be for consoles ? We will see Spintires 2 in 2017?

Pavel 8:14 pm

Yes. In 2017 will be a release.

I know... is not very specific , but maybe he's not allowed to say anything about the future plans .

He also said to Dmitry Bogelman (stmods.ru) that everything will be in the new version , soon for consoles and later for PC(he can't say when exactly)because the PC version takes longer to finalize.

We have to wait till 2017 for news from Pavel , or till 2020 for news from Oovee . :)

Edited by stellyan
  • Like 5

Stellyan 6:52 pm

Thanks for your reply. So the next version will be for consoles ? We will see Spintires 2 in 2017?

Pavel 8:14 pm

Yes. In 2017 will be a release.

Same as by Bugbear Wreckfest (and the new Stuntfest). Released as Beta, not ready yet and developers working on next version. You can keep this s**t.

• Like 3

I just came to check if everything was still the same... Yep, it is. Pavel just confirms that the the post called "plus exciting news" was pure ********.

Im really upset. Why? Cause i paid 20€ in its day for the game I thought that was going to have more? The 20€ isnt it... Its to see a game that I liked and that could have been much more to be left like this.

• Like 3

thx stellyan for your posting :) Atleast something wuhu

Hi. The Steam version will hardly receive any update.

weird, that the pc version wont get a update soon, while being the easiest to finish. On PS4 and Xbox it takes so long compared to PC... Also they got really great sales figures, that cant be a reason.

• Like 3

well one thing is for sure, even if they are busy with getting the console version out. i still see no reason why someone from the company can not or will not give an explanation as to what is going on with the Pc version and where things stand and are heading. seems like a reasonable request to ask and i can see no reason why they can not answer in one way or another the community questions being asked.

• Like 6

Well the feedback was negative when they said about Spintires 2 and console version, so maybe that's one of the reasons...

Imho everything is about money.

Looks like we will have to buy SpinTires 2 and probably again, devs will waste money on their private stuff instead of investing into company / game.

Which other company don't give a f... about community?

Have somebody from here SpinTires mail.ru version? Maybe community should show middle finger to oovee by making mod for steam version. Mod with stuff from mail.ru version ;)

Edited by D.J.TUNING

Imho everything is about money.

Looks like we will have to buy SpinTires 2 and probably again, devs will waste money on their private stuff instead of investing into company / game.

Which other company don't give a f... about community?

Have somebody from here SpinTires mail.ru version? Maybe community should show middle finger to oovee by making mod for steam version. Mod with stuff from mail.ru version ;)

If the new version will be better with more stuff I will pay , but I wish that those money will go to Pavel and not Oovee .After all he does all the hard work .

All the mods from the russian version are available on the net , the only difference between that and the steam version are the visuals (tire tracks and other small improvements)

Edited by Stellyan
  • Like 1

i hate to nag i love absolutely love the game but you guys expanded to consoles before linux? im stuck on linux after my hard drive melted down and everytime you guys update the game it breaks my codes to run it on my computer is there any word on running on linux yet?????????????????

• Like 1

The game creator are real ******* idiot, selling more then 100 000 copy of the game on Steam but no update, no dlc, no more stuff...lol

Edited by devilbass
  • Like 1

The update is planned? Or is permanently discontinued? :unsure:

Well, the official word is "being worked on".

Well, the official word is "being worked on".

Yea, that has been the "official word" for months. You would think that since the game started PC based that they would "get it right" before attempting to develop the console version. I never cease to be amazed with the shady practices of some. I have gotten my monies worth I suppose but that really isn't the point for me at least. Look at Eurotruck or American Truck sim. Constant development, some free DLC and some paid. I think I am more saddened than angry at this point and more so with the vague inferences to updates that have not come and likely wont. This has been a learning experience for sure and one I likely will never travel again.

• Like 6

The game creator are real ******* idiot, selling more then 100 000 copy of the game on Steam but no update, no dlc, no more stuff, **** you...I will remember for long time your moron Oovee big MTF...lol

OOVEE is still better love story than Kalypso Media.

Been checking everyday for an update on who the partners are going to be. Also a spot to sign up for the beta or alpha testing. Can we please have a spot to reserve a copy and pay already!!!!!

I'm ready to buy it already, sixty bucks is well worth it.

Been checking everyday for an update on who the partners are going to be. Also a spot to sign up for the beta or alpha testing. Can we please have a spot to reserve a copy and pay already!!!!!

I'm ready to buy it already, sixty bucks is well worth it.

Don't give these idiots any money.  They'll take it, build half a game, and sneak off into the night with all the money.  They are literally the worst software house I have ever seen.

• Like 3

Don't give these idiots any money. They'll take it, build half a game, and sneak off into the night with all the money. They are literally the worst software house I have ever seen.

All the game play I've watched looked great, and to those who hate the company or the game, play something different. Nothing on the console has came close to a real offroad sim. I am stoked and will be pre ordering day one, along with a few of my forza buddies. Bugs and random crashes don't really happen on consoles, xb1 and ps4 ftw!!!!! Also I need to know where I can if possible sign up for beta and alpha testing.

Edited by FTK RECON
  • Like 1

All the game play I've watched looked great, and to those who hate the company or the game, play something different. Nothing on the console has came close to a real offroad sim. I am stoked and will be pre ordering day one, along with a few of my forza buddies. Bugs and random crashes don't really happen on consoles, xb1 and ps4 ftw!!!!! Also I need to know where I can if possible sign up for beta and alpha testing.

I like your optimism i really do, but for this game to be almost bug free and not crashing, might be kind of a longshot even on consoles

share some of that stuff with me man...before you get rally flags out and wanted to spend 60 dollars on game .. were still waiting on a achivement that we cant even get ingame sence march of last year altho we have screenshots of it

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/12656-dev080316-next-update-preview-teaser/

xb1 and ps4 ftw ...maybe but i dont want pc version to get nothing either

Yeah, I don't get the "go play something else" thing.  You want to throw money at them for a game you would like to be playing.  Fantastic.  *WE* already did.  And they have abandoned us.  I would *LIKE* to be playing this game, but there are promised updates and needed fixes that they can't be bothered to deal with.  Want to play custom maps?  Sure, you can.  But only if the host keeps about 8 at most in the folder at a time.  Because nobody at Oovee can be bothered to add a freaking SLIDER to a menu.  Is this a huge problem?  Not really.  Is it indicative of the quality of the dev team?  Absolutely.  For them to be splitting their team and working on another wrecked version of the game for a different system is stupid.  They should figure out how to fix the broken issues they've got on the PC version first.  After all, without those of us in the PC gaming world who supported them with our hard-earned dollars, their company wouldn't exist, and neither would the console version you have apparently drunk the Kool-Aid on.  

So, instead of being rude to us, you should be thanking us for having funded development of a version of the game we didn't ask for, instead of having them work on the version we DID pay for.  You have no dollars in the game.  When you do, come on back and tell me how it feels.

• Like 8