Oovee® Games
MarijnS95

Official word on timebombs, and exciting news - the discussion

Love this news about the game coming to consoles, any news when it will be available to pre-order and the price?

Who's the partner ?

There will be further statements in due course with partner (who is building) the console versions, planned release dates etc.

Over the next few months much more we will shared with you all. From details of the new ports, screen shots and Obviously there will be betas as we near release

For now we wanted to share the news that you have been waiting for

Spintires is coming to consoles!

• Like 4

There will be further statements in due course with partner (who is building) the console versions, planned release dates etc.

Over the next few months much more we will shared with you all. From details of the new ports, screen shots and Obviously there will be betas as we near release

For now we wanted to share the news that you have been waiting for

Spintires is coming to consoles!

You know what will be great at some point? Cross platform play! obviously Microsoft is up for doing Cross play since they want to do it for another game, just think this could be good for this game too, if other company is up for it too 

Yes @paulgames the cross play is exciting. A new development which we will follow for sure and maybe implement. Let's see how it goes for Microsoft first!!!

• Like 3

This is great news,but has the update that was announced on March 9th and was supposed to be out a week or two after that date been scrapped now?

It's hard to trust your words …

6 weeks ago I posted my theory about the »Timebomb Desaster« …

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/12623-material-and-water-bugs-on-stock-maps/?p=93695

So now I ask you Oovee guys again:

The version 3.3.2016 looks, feels and plays different than the version before those bombs blew up!

• Like 2

Hi,

Little question, If we have buy the game in PC (Steam), can we have a copy of the game in console or it is not possible ?

(Nothing ventured, nothing gained)

Thanks for answer, have a good day.

• Like 1

I call FUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!

FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE!!!

ST coming to consoles means that we will NOT see updates for the PC, because you guys will be busy developing the ports, then, we will not receive updates, because the PC version will be low priority...

I HATE consoles even more now, the last console i owned (and still do, and it works) was a SEGA Genesis II, i do not even use joysticks, however i do use a flight stick for the flight simulators.

Mark my words people.

Death to consoles.

Edited by Yuxtapuestoelmono
  • Like 1

ST coming to consoles mean that we will NOT see updates for the PC, because you guys will be busy developing the ports, then, we will not receive updates, because the PC version will be low priority...

I HATE consoles even more now, the last console i owned (and still do, and it works) was a SEGA Genesis II, i do not even use joysticks, however i do use a flight tick for the flight simulators.

Mark my words people.

Death to consoles.

I doubt this is the case, why don't you read it? its not them doing the port it is someone else

• Like 2

ST coming to consoles mean that we will NOT see updates for the PC, because you guys will be busy developing the ports, then, we will not receive updates, because the PC version will be low priority...

I HATE consoles even more now, the last console i owned (and still do, and it works) was a SEGA Genesis II, i do not even use joysticks, however i do use a flight tick for the flight simulators.

Mark my words people.

Death to consoles.

you must be very popular with friends. OOVEE said that there will still be updates for PC while the console version is being developed. they also stated that are growing in pretty good size

• Like 1

I did read the statement, as well as all other statements made by Oovee, that is why i said what i said.

Also, i have very few friends and i do not keep much in touch with them.

ST coming to consoles means that we will NOT see updates for the PC, because you guys will be busy developing the ports, then, we will not receive updates, because the PC version will be low priority...

I HATE consoles even more now, the last console i owned (and still do, and it works) was a SEGA Genesis II, i do not even use joysticks, however i do use a flight stick for the flight simulators.

Mark my words people.

Death to consoles.

Nah,to realse this on console they'll have to add more trucks,more maps and more/better objectives which the PC players will get.There's no way they could release this game as it is on console..its a tech demo.Think early 2017 is a bit optimistic,unless they've already done a buch of stuff...unlikley

• Like 1

I must admit i can not stand console gaming , Been a computer gamer since day one on  the Sharp MZ700 about 84 and was admin with Blackpanther gaming for years. I worry when PC games convert to consoles EG. the Call Of Duty games , they went down hill fast on the PC .

If they have a dedicated PC development team then maybe the PC vesion of the game will get the much needed updates .What i worry about is the console side being pushed and the PC version being left behind or limited with updates or as Train Simulator has gone expensive DLC's .

Ok it's good the game can get to a wider market but when the PC version can't even get the updates needed or promised, then what hope do we have when the team are working on the console version.

The fact that they finally took responsibility for not communicating with us, I am please that they have finally covered that issue. I am happy to see that things are more cleared up regarding the "timebombs." And the best part of this news, is Spintires will be coming to Xbox One and PS4. I had to rub my eyes to make sure what I was reading was real. I cannot wait to see what comes to Spintires. I have always dreamed of having it on console. So regarding that idea, I am all for it. Thank you Oovee for the long awaited news!

• Like 1

I must admit i can not stand console gaming , Been a computer gamer since day one on  the Sharp MZ700 about 84 and was admin with Blackpanther gaming for years. I worry when PC games convert to consoles EG. the Call Of Duty games , they went down hill fast on the PC .

If they have a dedicated PC development team then maybe the PC vesion of the game will get the much needed updates .What i worry about is the console side being pushed and the PC version being left behind or limited with updates or as Train Simulator has gone expensive DLC's .

Ok it's good the game can get to a wider market but when the PC version can't even get the updates needed or promised, then what hope do we have when the team are working on the console version.

At first, they need to focus on console versions mostly. Remember, the PC version is a well standing build of the game. It's not like us PC gamers have nothing to do with Spintires. Mods are coming out, and updates will still be coming along. Once they get console versions set and working properly they will focus on all three. So I wouldn't worry about them "dropping" all PC related ideas and updates for Spintires.

Just to clarify.....

The future is consoles + the pc version.

All we did was announce the console version..more news will follow on the PC version and you will like that too!

• Like 2

Any spoilers as to when we will hear about the news for PC version? Not to be pushy, it's just we waited for a month just to get this news.

Any spoilers as to when we will hear about the news for PC version? Not to be pushy, it's just we waited for a month just to get this news.

Well, tony just said "more news will follow" so there's no reason to ask 4 minutes later ;) They will tell you as soon as there is more news. That extra month you just waited was probably used to set this all up.

That said, I personally am a bit skeptical about a console release. It fully depends on how future development is organised, but in my previous console ramblings I mentioned that either there really need to be two entirely separated development streams, or the detail on the PC will be dragged down to keep compatibility with consoles. (well, in it's current state ST should be able to run on consoles performance-wise, but there won't be much graphical improvement possible to still run on a console and please the ones with a beefy PC). I for one hope to see more graphical options (instead of hardcoded limits to be able to run on slower PC's), because DSR 4x still has my GPU idling.

• Like 2