@Localhost (Oovee)

Hello! I have a bug to report:

The engine on all trucks will turn off upon switching to hood camera when HideDriverInCabinView="true".
And the engine will refuse to start as long as you're in hood camera mode.

Game version: 1.5.1
ST+ version: 13

Thank you! You're the best thing that ever happened to Spintires.

I also have a question to ask you:  How do you determine the exact values for normalised suspension and damping?

I start by porting the old values, but often those values are not strong enough - the truck isn't sitting as high as it should be. When driving over obstacles the front wheels slam into the wheel arches, the rear wheels slam into or even clip through flatbed and utility addons.
Then I start increasing strength and damping until I find a satisfying value.  
(most recently, b500's rear wheel ported strength is 11.11 - with that the rear wheels scrape against the utility addon when driving over even the tiniest obstacle. I found out that it would take at least 16 normalised strength to keep the wheels away from the utility addon.)

So at the end of the day I just eyeball it. Is there a better way to do this?  Or am I doing it wrong and the ported value is exactly how the truck should behave when the wheelmass bug is fixed?

@Truckwolf: Sorry for the delay, things got pretty crazy at work last week and your post slipped off my mind.
Suspension strength & damping, normalized or not, are determined by trial and error, pretty much what you are currently doing.
Additionally, you should in theory be able to use SuspensionMin & SuspensionMax to prevent the suspension from compressing to the point the wheels hit the fenders. In practice, it doesn't work so well because suspensions are constraints (as in "Hinge", "Fixed", "Prismatic",etc...) which Havok may not honor if you press hard enough.

@Eversman: I'll start porting ST+ next weekend, but no promise on when it'll be finished. For now, it would appear BatteryPoweredWinch broke.
Oddly SupportSkidSteering & MudSinkingFix do not cause crashes, but I don't expect them to work so it's safer to turn them off. They'll be removed anyway, since the game has better versions of those now.

• Thanks 1

@Localhost (Oovee) wohoo great to hear you are still porting ST+ to new versions. Take your time. Thank you!

I will play around with disabling some features if i find some time.

@Localhost (Oovee)

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. Yes, I am also touching up suspensionmin, but I just always had this feeling that I was doing it wrong.

@Eversman

Hello! Pehaps I can save you some time. V.13 does work with 1.6.0, but the following changes must be made to SpintiresPlus_config.xml
BatteryPoweredWinch="false"
MapsCanOverrideCloakMesh="false"
UnclampedXML="false"

At least those are the ones that I've found. Spintires will altogether refuse to launch with "Oops, Spintires crashed" as long as UnclampedXML=true.  When it's set to false you can reach the main menu, but that's about it. The other two features must also be disabled to be actually able to play.

@Truckwolf you are my hero today. Works like a charm. 😀

Only tracked vehicles didn´t work right now 😑

Edited by Eversman

10 hours ago, Localhost (Oovee) said:

Oddly SupportSkidSteering & MudSinkingFix do not cause crashes, but I don't expect them to work so it's safer to turn them off. They'll be removed anyway, since the game has better versions of those now.

Whoa!  Wait a minute, does this mean that support for tracked vehicles and the fix for the wheelmass bug are now incorporated into the game?
And if that's the case what happens with normalised suspension? (suspension fix, the first component of the fix)  How are we going to adjust MaxDeformationPressure now?

@Truckwolf do you have also the problem when you want to spawn a new truck on a map and you change to the new spawned truck the game crashes?

@Eversman No, can't say that I do. I tested it just now in 1.6.0. Spawned a bunch of trucks and both went to them through the spawn menu and by manually moving over to them through the functions menu. Not a single crash.
Any particular truck you're trying to spawn?