Oovee® Games

Open the config file with notepad or notepad++, press ctrl+F, type "scrollbar" (without the quotes), press enter.

If you have no result you're using a really old version of Spintires Plus.

I came to ask for an option to turn off the controller vibration. I just got a x360 controller and is a pain.

Use this for a game-independant solution. I don't have a controller-thing so I can't test, but the author posted his modifier xinput*.dll files, so you probably don't need to go through the idadif.py hoops.

Some people also suggested unplugging the motors' wires. Apparently it's easy.

Repurposing your controller as an high kinetic energy projectile is also a viable alternative.

Also, could you include something for controller users so we can also use the right side camera? Something like using the <-- (1) key to switch between left and right, and --> to switch between rear view and rear trailer view (one trailer view would be lost)

Question to controller-users: what button(s) could we use to implement that feature and that would not cause any loss of functionality, and that would not be ridiculously impractical?

Edited by Localhost
  • Like 1

Use this for a game-independant solution. I don't have a controller-thing so I can't test, but the author posted his modifier xinput*.dll files, so you probably don't need to go through the idadif.py hoops.

Some people also suggested unplugging the motors' wires. Apparently it's easy.

Repurposing your controller as an high kinetic energy projectile is also a viable alternative.

Question to controller-users: what button(s) could we use to implement that feature and that would not cause any loss of functionality, and that would not be ridiculously impractical?

Actually, if you don't mind could I build on this request? I think this is a nice request, but instead of you having to figure out where to bind it, do you know if it's possible to enable the xbox controller key bind menu in the game just like the keyboard one? Then the player can figure it out for themselves instead. Perhaps any extra keys you come up with like right side camera or release winch could be added or a separate window like your anttweak toolbar could be used. Edited by freeman
  • Like 1

For console & controller requests, i do mind, freeman. When I work on console-related stuff, I feel like I'm doing something stupid for something that shouldn't even exist. Whether this impression is justified or not is irrelevant, it's there regardless.

If the feature is just a quick job I can look the other way and stomach the thing, but I will not do any heavy lifting for controller users.

And now that I think again about it, Marijin mentioned a program called FreePIE that can be used to rebind xbox buttons to the keyboard (and thus the rightview key).

I don't know if it allows to rebind an xbox button to another, but worst case scenario you can map your controller to a virtual joystick and tell spintires you want to play with that joystick.

• Like 1

The Master Race is strong on this one :)

Yes peoples, just use FreePIE and vJoy. Since I haven't yet gotten the time to put my FFB knowledge into that project, FreePIE doesn't support FFB and thus rumble yet.

just my two cents

asking for gamepad related "stuff" is no different than asking for kb/m related "stuff" or asking for wheel and pedals related "stuff".

having a 360 gamepad for pc games has nothing to do with consoles or "pc master race blah blah" I never had any console except nintendo in the 90's yet I do play almost every PC game using an xbox 360 gamepad because I like it that way and if there will be any incoming comments like "you never got used to kb and mouse blah blah" thats not true I play CSGO, Far Cry, Battlefield, RTS games with KB and Mouse so it has nothing to do with that.

I dont really see why and how anyone should start going ape sh*t about consoles when a person is asking about a gamepad functionality on PC.

no offence intended 

Someone requested a console controller feature, I said I wouldn't honor this request for a reason you are free to consider invalid, and an alternative solution has been provided.

Yes, I have my issues, now let's move on and not "go ape sh*t about consoles".

I was just curious if the keybind menu for controllers could be enabled like the keyboard/mouse keybind menu. We have a keybind menu already in spintires for controllers. It just doesn't work, like its functionality has been switched off, unlike the keyboard/mouse keybind menu. If it is too much work then I understand and we always have alternatives like you mentioned.

All that said, the controller keybind menu is really something that should have been enabled from the start by the developer. Enough said.

Getting the x360 tab to be configurable is more work than just a flip of a switch. The x360 tab is not built to be clickable and does not have enough room (in memory) to hold information about what to do when clicked. Plus the x360 equivalent of little function that monitors your keyboard when you see "press any key to assign" is missing (or I didn't see it). You can't use the keyboard function to read from x360 because reading from those devices is not done the same way: keyboard and mice use the basic windows functions, x360 controllers use XInput, and afaik anything else (joysticks, wheels, PC gamepads,...) use DirectInput.

So all in all it would probably be easier for me to redo the x360 tab with AntTweakBar rather that coping with the existing menu and filling the gaps here and there.

But, that wouldn't be enough: you also have to save the bindings in the config.xml and read them back. Though those last 2 wouldn't be very hard, I'll just pass and redirect you to FreePIE.

@MarijinS95: seeing that people are requesting a way to turn vibration off, not supporting rumble might actually be a good thing.

• Like 1

Offtopic:

Well I was actually planning on having it work such that FFB can be forwarded from a vJoy device to a DirectInput controller by binding them (probably with some very simple settings like effecttypes), and the second mode being that each little FFB detail can be read out from a vJoy device, manipulated however the user wants and then fed back into a DirectInput device.

I appreciate the explanation, Localhost. I was hoping it might be something simple but now I know better. Thanks for taking the time to explain it for us.

Freeman: I use a 360 controller. I'm wondering if I can use 2. One for main controls, the other for extras. Also, look into an XB1 elite controller. They have "extra" buttons (paddles) on the bottom. They are expensive tho

Alright guys, took a while but Spintires Plus v7 is now available.

This time we have:

DPIIndependentCursorSize: own volition. Fix for cursors disappearing when windows DPI isn't 100%. It has only been tested on my computer so I'd appreciate if someone else could confirm/infirm it works.

You can also use this to make your cursor bigger/smaller but beware of the "power of 2" restriction.

FixSunkenMud: own volition. Fix for the invisible mud bug, which turned out to be mud appearing at the wrong altitude, hence the name. I couldn't reproduce the bug on my computer, and I thank TIm1 for running my diagnostics on his system which led to this fix. However so far the fix has only been tested and validated on his computer so I'd appreciate if other people with the bug could test this and check if it works for them too.

WireframeMode: tool used to diagnose the sunken mud. Left incase I'd need it later.

DetachCameraFromSteering: requested by kingpinn. Camera won't sway left/right when you steer.

ExtraAddonProperties: request by Bregel. Renamed from AddonsCanOverrideDamageSensation because addons can now also override your gearbox (if you want to make a gearbox addon) and engine torque (turbocharger or extra engine addon).

WheelsetsCanRequireAddons: request by Bregel. Hides some wheelsets if some addons aren't installed. For example you can allow larger tires only if lift kits are installed.

ExternalMinimap: requested by OSF5B. Creates a separate window and displays a map of the current level and a marker at your position. Also indicates the truck you're winching.
This is meant to be used on a separate screen, and WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE ONLY ONE SCREEN or play the game across all your screens (panoramic mode).

(Actually it works on single monitor systems if you play in windowed mode, but it's...less fun)
And before you ask, no I will not add cloaks/fog of war/custom markers on it.

AlwaysShowDevMenu: requested by Planz. Dev tools outside the proving grounds.

AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators: requested by Planz and voto1979. Spawn locators now appear on maps outside the proving grounds.

LegacyCloaks: requested by V12. Changes how uncloaking works, now you only see what's not covered by any other cloaks.

SupportSilentLinkedSteering: requested by >Forces<. Allows to have constraints driven by the steering without triggering engine sound. Meaning you no longer need to slam the accel to turn your steering wheel.

OrientableShafts: requested by freeman. Looks like the shafts had their endpoints necessarily along truck X. Not anymore.

MapsCanOverrideCloakMesh: requested by V12 (and hein?). So if you don't like black tornadoes, you can specify that you want another model for this or that map. Now where is my rocket pig?

Bugfix: crash when SupportCustomShafts is enabled but several other options disabled. I forgot to tell ST+ that custom shafts need the xml reader to work, so if no other feature needed it, the XML reader wouldn't be located/available.

Bugfix: MaxDeformationPressure having no effect since ST+v4. Long an techy to explain, let's just say I F-ed up.

Reworked a bit SelectStartupAddons to properly handle losing/resetting d3d devices (ie: alt-tab). Didn't notice any change on my end but someone said it fixed the invisimud for him...

All in all this release was a bunch of features that were not very stimulating to do -> took some time.

• Like 4

localhost :

Infinity big thank You !!!

Let's play geocaching in ST again :)

Edited by V12

thanks allot LocalHost 

I'll start looking for poles pigs and some bad as* rockets  ;)  ;) and who knows maybe a rider

Edited by >Forces<

SupportSilentLinkedSteering Why you removed this realistic thing? Or you think that you can turn wheels in deep mud on idle?

Did you notice the steering wheel doesn't actually turn when you steer? Some people did, and did not like that, so they use constraints linked to steering to rotate it. Some people also use that for wheel hubs.

And it's perfectly realistic to be able to steer a car or small tractor on idle.

.. on the large trucks too. Hydraulic pressure on idle is enough to provide adequate power for steering in the deep mud.

I tried use shafts on the front wheels of my Jamal 8x8. But observed 2 strange bugs :

- end parts of the shafts rotating oposite direction than central part of the shaft

- end parts of the shaft has inverted normals - this can be fixed by TwoSided="True" in the material definition on the custom shaft

Where I'm wrong ???

@V12: would you mind sending me your custom shaft and your xml setup so I can troubleshoot it?

@V12: first thing that comes in mind is to try inverting the orientation, ie: SocketAOrientation="(0;0;1)" instead of SocketAOrientation="(0;0;-1)", and then swapping the socket points if needed.

BTW: your super jamal's steered trailer revs up the engine when steering, is it a bug or a feature?

Edited by Localhost