Oovee® Games
Hein

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

On thew main page of the forum is a new Section for Mudrunner-Spintires with the initial announcment and also a discussion thread for it

• Like 3

Sorry, but i won't support anything, those guys from OOVEE are involved any more!

Tired from all the lies :(

i hear you schlamm, to each their own. personally i feel it is good news, but will i buy it? idk. finally hearing something is good news too, but still no excuse for neglecting the forum and community.

I've tried and tried and tried to get some sort of support from Oovee on minor and important questions I've had in the past AND PRESENT (...uploading maps for one) without any response AT ALL.

If all this "NEW" game is as it states offered to us from a different developer, I'll probably be interested.  Of course it all matters what is offered in the release.

I really don't like to complain constantly about little things, but the "support" is basically non-existent from here and I think that is a real shame.  I've spent 100's of hours creating maps for this game and I never expected, nor wanted, and payment of any kind from Oovee and I know I'm not just saying this for myself.  All we, as players, ever wanted was some help with things that just didn't work right in the game.  Yes, Oovee would eventually come out with something to help, but it would take months sometimes for a fairly simple answer to our questions.  This is not how you run a business.  If it wasn't for ST user's efforts to help answer the multitude of questions coming from players who are not computer geniuses, the game would be completely dead by now.

• Like 1

I feel it's good news but some trust needs to be earned back in my opinion. Many including myself are angry or saddened over so many broken promises and then tbe dead silence from the people most able to provide answers. For 16 months give or take. I added it to my cart and the discount appears correct but not sure I have 13 dollars worth of trust. For me I think I need to wait and see what direction things go.

• Like 3

Strange to see Povel use another small industry company to carry on with.

And yeah, if we could have ONE update for Spintires it should be the "save multiplayer" option (please)

why is oovee posting information for the new spintires when the publisher is Focus and the dev team Saber????????

oovee making advertisement for other companies now???

why is oovee posting information for the new spintires when the publisher is Focus and the dev team Saber????????

oovee making advertisement for other companies now???

it is a thing called "business" is why. if you had a percentage of product and could gain from that would you not show support and show off that product knowing that you will possibly gain from it? 

here is more official information about new Spintires Mud Runner from focus interactive:

"Focus Home Interactive is happy to announce its collaboration with Saber Interactive for the development of Spintires: MudRunner, the ultimate version of the million-seller indie hit Spintires coming at the end of the year to PC and for the first time to consoles. Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner puts players in the driver seat and dares them to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as guides! Get a taste of what awaits you in the Reveal Trailer.

A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements. It’s not just an enhanced edition, it’s the ultimate off-road simulation experience!

Drive 19 powerful all-terrain vehicles, each with its own characteristics and attachable equipment. Complete your objectives and deliveries by enduring perilous conditions across wild, untamed landscapes in extreme conditions with dynamic day-night cycles. Explore an immersive sandbox environment, enhanced by improved graphics. Overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine.

With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills as allies, go solo or join up to three others in the coop multiplayer. On PC, download mods created by the passionate community for truck-loads of content and an ever-evolving Spintires: MudRunnerexperience.

Spintires: MudRunner will release at the end of the year on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Spintires owners benefit from an exclusive 50% discount on Steam, cumulative with the -10% special offer for all preorders, starting today also on Steam. "

source:

ss_24846b82bb21886dec0970e818a8155ddccd5
Edited by oday

There's literally nothing new in any of that.  Though Focus has actually responded to a couple of posts on their own forums, so they're doing better than Oovee already.

• Like 3

There's literally nothing new in any of that.  Though Focus has actually responded to a couple of posts on their own forums, so they're doing better than Oovee already.

well to be fair Oovee answered post when they first released their game too. lol

• Like 2

Focus have some answers!

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/617/answering-frequently-asked-questions

They have also confirmed that Oovee are completely gone, so I think we can entirely ignore this forum now.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/529/questions-oovee-won-t-answer/21

OoVee do not have any role in the development of Spintires: MudRunner.

Focus Home (we) will be the ones publishing it, so we'll be releasing it, handling future updates (along with the dev team) and distributing it, too.

Oovee won't have anything to do with the game.

We will be making a formal announcement on here and our Facebook page later today.

We didn't want to say anything till we could confirm to you all that this is real and Happening! You know we have not always be accurate on our promises but we said a long time ago this was happening and now you can see that it is!

You still lie! Oovee is gone. Not accurate on promises!!!! Really? MARCH 2016 you promised us our f-u-c-k-i-n-g driveshafts! MARCH 2016!

No one on Oovee deserves a cent from the sale of mudrunner. In fact, any Oovee staff that go to Focus or anywhere else may want to consider changing their names.

Oovee, you cut the inventor and developer of the game out of the loop, you lied. And lied. And lied. You promised us so much and delivered so little. You deserve to witness the death of your company.

Also, I happily accept the ban from these forums for saying F_U_C_K Y_O_U C_U_N_T_S. Theives. Liars. Arseholes.

See if you have the integrity to leave some truth here. I have see too many anti Oovee posts 'edited' by staff and moderators. Manipulating the words of others to fit your lies.

Your anti swearing software is still s h i t too.

Edited by freefall
  • Like 2

We are all entitled to an opinion but less of the swearing. There are 2 sides to a story and one day you may hear ours.

As for "our" anti swearing software being **** (I didn't swear I typed 4 * just in case) we didn't write it it's part of the forum software. Maybe the forum software update this week will fix that if not we will let the forum software developers look at it.

• Like 1

Ho look somebody from oovee AMAZING !

Whaaaa 2 years i didnt see that's !

From love,

A guy who gave you 100€ for "Receive a closed beta copy and get exclusive access to our dedicated ‘backers’ forum and pledge your ideas and suggestions! You will have the power to steer Spintires development. You will also receive the goodies from Reward #1, #2, #3, & #4."

All that i got was a tshirt and a fist in my....

• Like 1

You will have the power to steer Spintires development.

I don't think it's fair to blame Pavel being unreasonable on Oovee (in terms of him actually using other's suggestions)

As far as the backer's DLC? I'd blame that on Pavel not following through on pretty much any of his promises (because lets face it, he could have easily added a special truck or whatever, especially once the mod support update came, but didn't)

• Like 1

i think we need to take a minute and get back on track here. the new version of the game is nice and all, but that is not the spintires that oovee made and sold us. all this talk about the new version is side-tracking people. let's get back to where we was heading originally. what is oovee going to do or not do with this version of the game? will they continue uploads of mods for this version? will they even keep approving those mods when they are uploaded for release? will they ever give us explaination as to why they negected the forums and community for so long?

• Like 6

To be honest I blame Pavel more than Oovee. Oovee certainly could have done a lot better in the communication department, but I honestly think they were caught off guard by and unprepared to deal with what a diva Pavel is. Remember, Oovee can only tell us what Pavel tells them. And if Pavel doesn't tell them anything they are **** outta luck. I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what happened time and time again judging by:

• Glacial update pace
  • Timebomb shenanigans
  • Posting update info on his personal VK before telling Oovee
  • General "I GOTTA DO IT MY WAY, OR NO WAY AT AAALLLL" attitude with stuff like autozoom and constantly changing game code to hinder modding
  • etc

Then again I switched sides in the Pavel vs. Oovee war so many times I probably have no right to type this at all.

Edited by Sorcerer
  • Like 4

i think we need to take a minute and get back on track here. the new version of the game is nice and all, but that is not the spintires that oovee made and sold us. all this talk about the new version is side-tracking people. let's get back to where we was heading originally. what is oovee going to do or not do with this version of the game? will they continue uploads of mods for this version? will they even keep approving those mods when they are uploaded for release? will they ever give us explaination as to why they negected the forums and community for so long?

Oovee has vaguely hinted that future updates *may* come, but I wouldn't trust that for a second.  I think they're just hoping to lure people into continuing to buy a game they won't ever do anything on.  I'd wager they never touch the game again.  After all, they said repeatedly that they couldn't do anything without Pavel and he has left them now.

And we all know just how likely it is that Oovee will ever answer this question officially, since they don't answer ANYTHING.

Edited by kourtjestr
  • Like 2

what is oovee going to do or not do with this version of the game?

will they continue uploads of mods for this version?

will they even keep approving those mods when they are uploaded for release?

will they ever give us explaination as to why they negected the forums and community for so long?

A bigger question is whether or not any of that really matters... At the end of the day you either enjoy playing the game or you don't (assuming that the game isn't broken in some fundamental way and does not work at all) so either play the game, or don't.

Buying something based on what it is 'promised' (bearing in mind that as a game is developed it may turn out that any given feature may get dropped, for a variety of reasons. Especially given PZ's amazing record of 'updates that no-one asked for and no-one wants') is silly really. You wouldn't buy a Ford Focus just because the guy you are buying it off says "Oh, it's a Focus now, but in 6 months it'll be a Mustang!"

FWIW, 'community' sites are virtually always a better source for mods (and apart from maps, why not get mods off the Workshop?) than 'official' sites anyway, and apart from some modding resources and stuff from the '14 Demo days what would be missed about this whole site shutting down? Watching y'all work yourselves into a froth over things that can't/won't/weren't ever going to change (and people defending PZ, like he is some sort of saint!) has been amusing for me so I guess I'd miss that.

• Like 2

A bigger question is whether or not any of that really matters... At the end of the day you either enjoy playing the game or you don't (assuming that the game isn't broken in some fundamental way and does not work at all) so either play the game, or don't.

Buying something based on what it is 'promised' (bearing in mind that as a game is developed it may turn out that any given feature may get dropped, for a variety of reasons. Especially given PZ's amazing record of 'updates that no-one asked for and no-one wants') is silly really. You wouldn't buy a Ford Focus just because the guy you are buying it off says "Oh, it's a Focus now, but in 6 months it'll be a Mustang!"

FWIW, 'community' sites are virtually always a better source for mods (and apart from maps, why not get mods off the Workshop?) than 'official' sites anyway, and apart from some modding resources and stuff from the '14 Demo days what would be missed about this whole site shutting down? Watching y'all work yourselves into a froth over things that can't/won't/weren't ever going to change (and people defending PZ, like he is some sort of saint!) has been amusing for me so I guess I'd miss that.

i have enjoyed the game since day 1 like many others, but you are right, none of it really matters. so why even bother anymore.

i see what you are getting at, but buying a focus because it could turn into a mustang? i will have what you are smoking. maybe it will help.

of course community sites are better for content. the community plays the game so we should have some idea of what we might want.

i 100% agree on the point of "why do people hold pavel in such high regard?" when he is bacisly just as guilty/bad as oovee in listening to their customers/community. true he might of brought us the game, but he also brought many headaches as well, most of which is pavels own doing. example: people have bitched about the camera since day one, but the only real things done for the camera has been things pavel wanted not the community. auto zoom was not asked for and asked to be taken out, but instead we just got a longer delay in the auto zoom. 

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 1

I think you moaning idiots need to move on, pay a few quid and put it all behind you ffs.

We are all entitled to an opinion but less of the swearing. There are 2 sides to a story and one day you may hear ours.

As for "our" anti swearing software being **** (I didn't swear I typed 4 * just in case) we didn't write it it's part of the forum software. Maybe the forum software update this week will fix that if not we will let the forum software developers look at it.

If you had pulled heads from asses and provided your/their/anyones side of any damn story, even if it was a goddamn fairytale, you may have avoided creating the resentment inside the community that destroyed anyone's interest in your side of the story.

In well over a year, the only definitive information that mudrunner had come into existence. Even then, you were not forthcoming with the full truth.

If there is 'your side of the story,' I advise you tell it. When you utilise the context that you have (There are 2 sides to a story and one day you may hear ours) you are again being non-committal. This lack of commitment, again, signifies evasion. What are you avoiding?

Given the patterns that have been set by Oovee, the most likely assumption is that you are again avoiding the truth.

Again.

I welcome your side of the story. I would love to be proven wrong. As for the swearing, you are going to hear a lot more of it.

May the truth set you free...

Edited by freefall