Hein

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

The top image looks to me like the truck is giving off a larger shadow from a setting sun. I'm guessing the sun gives off realistic shadows depending on what time of day it is. There are no shadows like that in game now.

• Like 1

I noticed what tattoo said and wasnt the new update a AO update? whe only saw previes but no actual game play of it maybe this is the in game look of that AO update I think

The top image looks to me like the truck is giving off a larger shadow from a setting sun. I'm guessing the sun gives off realistic shadows depending on what time of day it is. There are no shadows like that in game now.

gXZl3wN.jpg

Just after sunrise, screenshot taken today. Other than the nicer skybox I don't really see anything different.

• Like 3

Other than the nicer skybox I don't really see anything different.

On the 2nd screenshot, the utility semitrailer has offroad wheels instead of the usual double wheels. Superb gamechanger. <_<

• Like 3

On the 2nd screenshot, the utility semitrailer has offroad wheels instead of the usual double wheels. Superb gamechanger. <_<

That's a wheelie good observation power you've got there. 

• Like 3

gXZl3wN.jpg

Just after sunrise, screenshot taken today. Other than the nicer skybox I don't really see anything different.

Hmm, no kidding. My bad, I thought that was new.

• Like 1

Apparently he added clouds is what I've heard

well it is not exactly "clouds" but different shading of the skybox.

Wow, the long awaited update is... clouds?  What kind of smoke makes these clouds???  We should just declare the game deceased.

• Like 2

Already 24 hours gone and my request in other topic stil didn't even apear. It's not just the game, that is dead, but the forum as well...

Those pictures are probably meant to showcase some extremely minor thing. You know the kind I mean, where months pass before an update then all we get is "optimized wheel texture" or something.

At least we got updates back then :P

Edited by Sorcerer
  • Like 2

Those pictures are probably meant to showcase some extremely minor thing. You know the kind I mean, where months pass before an update then all we get is "optimized wheel texture" or something.

At least we got updates back then :P

yes we did get updates, but there only has been two as far as i am concerned. unless you want to count the timebomb fix as 3. there was a few small ones, but only 2 major ones really. both times it broke things and at this late in the game i find it doubtful many mods (trucks and maps) will be fixed by the authors. we shall see.

We will be making a formal announcement on here and our Facebook page later today.

We didn't want to say anything till we could confirm to you all that this is real and Happening! You know we have not always be accurate on our promises but we said a long time ago this was happening and now you can see that it is!

• Like 4

It's awesome to finally see some live from Oovee after ignoring us for 16 months.  So, a few questions:  
1.  Will this be an entirely separate game that ST users will have to purchase, or is this the update that we were promised in April of last year? 

1a.  If a whole separate purchase, what is the expected cost?

1b.  If a whole separate purchase, what guarantees do we have that you will continue to develop this game and not abandon us like you did with ST?  To be fair, you have some faith to earn back from the community.

2.  Will there be a comprehensive list released on what makes this different from ST?  The video doesn't appear to be all that far from what ST currently has.  (It may not be specifically showing features, so I ask.)

2a.  It mentions real-time mud.  Does this mean we will finally have real-time mud sync from all players in multiplayer sessions? 

2b.  Do we finally get multiplayer saves so that maps don't need to be completed in a single session?

3.  Will existing mods work in this release?  (I'm going to assume no.)  

3a.  Will you include mod support from the start? 

3b.  What will you do to entice modders to trust that the game will stick around and to encourage them to provide mods? 

4.  Will there be a map editor (assuming the current one doesn't work?)

5.  How many official maps can we expect, in addition to the 19 vehicles?

6.  Will that god awful camera auto-zoom finally be resolved? 

7.  Will we finally get a cockpit camera?

8.  Did tracked vehicles ever get finished and implemented? 

Anyway, I'm sure there will be more questions, but I have to ask these, now that we finally have dev communication happening again.  I'm doing my best to believe that this is really going to go somewhere, as I truly loved the game that ST started out as and set out to become.  

Edited by kourtjestr
  • Like 2

We will be making a formal announcement on here and our Facebook page later today.

We didn't want to say anything till we could confirm to you all that this is real and Happening! You know we have not always be accurate on our promises but we said a long time ago this was happening and now you can see that it is!

it has been a long tiresome wait, but finally glad to hear something.

• Like 2

You're really not buying it because it has no interior view..?

OK then, I shall enjoy it all the same without!