Hein

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

I know im beating a dead horse here,but has anyone heard if they still plan on a console realease like its been what like a year and a half since they said they were planning on it then they went silent for the billionth time such a shame that an awesome looking game like itself has to be run by the slowest most unresponsive team imaginable...

I know im beating a dead horse here,but has anyone heard if they still plan on a console realease like its been what like a year and a half since they said they were planning on it then they went silent for the billionth time such a shame that an awesome looking game like itself has to be run by the slowest most unresponsive team imaginable...

Whom you mean with "they"?

The guys from OOVEE are "Lost In Space" for month now and Pavels itself looks like a fake at the moment.

Better to ask the Oracle of Delphi *lol*

Edited by Schlammspringer
  • Like 1

you first must have a horse to beat, but no. only thing about console is talk at this point. for some time now that has all there has been and being used as an excuse as to why PC version has not had anything done to it. now once things hit the fan we shall see.....

one thing is clear. Oovee made an effort when they started, but now their effort seems to be in ignoring their responsibilities they created. they might as well just stay in the background making DLC's again. they would be hard pressed to find trust from their customers after this shindig.

also, i can not see where people feel they can put trust in Pavel either. after all it was his doing that gave us the time bombs and broke the game for a bit.

imo, both parties are just as shady and untrustworthy as the other imo, no exceptions.

• Like 3

My guess is money made from Spintires was used to launch Saxton Haulage last year. My previous message about this was never accepted to be posted on the forum so i guess this is somewhat delicate matter to talk about.

My two cents.

also, i can not see where people feel they can put trust in Pavel either. after all it was his doing that gave us the time bombs and broke the game for a bit.

Those are different kind of issues. I would not trust either part enough to make a preorder or something. I am certainly not going to trust Oovee again when it comes to "promises", because they have given very good reason not to do so. I'm finding it very hard to believe they are even involved any longer.

Pavel on the other hand has a different track record. (maybe? I haven't really been here from the beginning) Also the fact that he's been clear that it's not going to be an update to the existing product. If there wasn't an "update" in the works it would make more sense to lie and say that it's going to be an update for the existing game, in order to keep people buying it. Whether it's coming "soon" like he says is another question, however.

• Like 1

Whether it's coming "soon" like he says is another question, however.

That's not a question.  They said "soon" in April of last year..  That doesn't fit in any definition of "soon" I've ever heard.

• Like 3

Those are different kind of issues. I would not trust either part enough to make a preorder or something. I am certainly not going to trust Oovee again when it comes to "promises", because they have given very good reason not to do so. I'm finding it very hard to believe they are even involved any longer.

Pavel on the other hand has a different track record. (maybe? I haven't really been here from the beginning) Also the fact that he's been clear that it's not going to be an update to the existing product. If there wasn't an "update" in the works it would make more sense to lie and say that it's going to be an update for the existing game, in order to keep people buying it. Whether it's coming "soon" like he says is another question, however.

well, whether or not pavel intended for time bombs could be questionable. i believe there is no question that he did nothing to try and fix them. 

however yes you are right this all has to do with oovee, not pavel. i only mentioned pavel because others posted about him. 

@8up local: Timebombs definitely weren't a typo, if that's what you're wondering. Unless you can make a typo the size of your post, 30 times as if replying coherently to different people. And then refer to those 30 posts from 45 other posts... accidentally...

Even Oovee's PR didn't make their presence an accident. The way I understand their last official statement, the timebombs were part of an homemade DRM that accidentally triggered due to a bug.

IMO in a court PZ might be able to get away saying it wasn't indented to trigger (on legit customers), that some triggered because Oovee was late to publish an update, and that he accidentally tripped 1 or 2 because he forgot that changing the description of certified mods on the workshop also triggered some.

Pop quizz: do pirates have access to the workshop?

Hmm...maybe they could make one in the future, Your Honor.

• Like 2

@8up local: Timebombs definitely weren't a typo, if that's what you're wondering. Unless you can make a typo the size of your post, 30 times as if replying coherently to different people. And then refer to those 30 posts from 45 other posts... accidentally...

Even Oovee's PR didn't make their presence an accident. The way I understand their last official statement, the timebombs were part of an homemade DRM that accidentally triggered due to a bug.

IMO in a court PZ might be able to get away saying it wasn't indented to trigger (on legit customers), that some triggered because Oovee was late to publish an update, and that he accidentally tripped 1 or 2 because he forgot that changing the description of certified mods on the workshop also triggered some.

Pop quizz: do pirates have access to the workshop?

Hmm...maybe they could make one in the future, Your Honor.

pop quiz answer: yes, unless i am misunderstanding what you mean by pirates. 

@8up local: You mean it's possible to download workshop items from a cracked ST? I thought you had to be authenticated by steam's servers before they allowed the download.

@8up local: You mean it's possible to download workshop items from a cracked ST? I thought you had to be authenticated by steam's servers before they allowed the download.

oh, no. i was thinking you mean if someone can just take a workshop truck and re-edit it. so i was misunderstanding what you was saying. my mistake. unless you want to talk about those links on nl that was direct file downloads for trucks instead of linking to the workshop trucks, but i imagine that is why Hazzard has been changing the links there.

@8up local: Ah, I see what you mean: pirates have indirect access to workshop content if an insider forwards them the .zip.

The pop quizz question was a means of saying it was odd to have a "DRM" that crashes your game when the game connects to the workshop and sees that the description of some certified mods has changed, but does not crash if it can't contact the workshop (ie: offline or pirate mode). Because said "DRM" can only ruin the experience of those whose game has workshop access = legit customers.

SpinTires.New version.)) Screenshots by Pavel Zagrebelnyy.

M0ITVVqy40.jpg

SelokKF52g.jpg

Information source: https:vk.com/pavzag

looks pretty, but shall wait and see... <_<

tbfh it looks the same as it does now (there are actually better shots in the screenshot topic). Maybe a bit more variety in trees?

Imo, Pavel still having a job is a miracle of the modern world.

• Like 2

No Cockpit no buy new spintires sorry  ;)

Edited by yilmaz
  • Like 1

What are we even looking at? New trailers? Is the sun effect new?

enhancements. what i see in those 2 pics, there seems to be different shadings to the sky. no single color. trees look a touch nicer but not much. new trucks.

also notice there is no mud clumps on the tires and ground texture/deformation looks the same too.

other than that it still looks the same to me also.