Hein

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

MarjinS95, Reece Bolton, Zane Saxton, where the hell are they? Probably in Fiji talking about how to steal the money from another gullible gaming community.

careful who you are lumping in to your list. like Marjin, he is just a moderator. not someone from the company. he is one of us and just got tired of all the complaining.

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 3

Hey, I'm sure that the unpaid, volunteer moderators have definitely gotten enough money from Oovee to vacation in Fiji... oh.. wait.. no.  Marijin is clearly one of the good guys in this.

I'm pretty sure Pavel doesn't work on the official game anymore, nor do I think he will sabotage it. Oovee probably locked him out by now and he's working on his own similar game that he will release outside of Steam.

People will find him as the game is broken enough as it is. (Is Multiplayer even still a thing? I don't know any people for whom it still works properly.)

And yeah the unpaid forum mods are easier to forgive as they are unpaid and not officially part of Oovee, but they weren't a completely innocent party either. They always ignored serious problems with how Oovee addressed things and game breaking bugs. Just like many developers they'd look at a post with 10 problems and only reply to the one problem they know can be fixed easily and they pretended the other problems don't exist. And then there were some censorship issues... So it's quite understandable why they get so much hate.

Edited by OttoNL
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Pavel doesn't work on the official game anymore, nor do I think he will sabotage it. Oovee probably locked him out by now and he's working on his own similar game that he will release outside of Steam.

People will find him as the game is broken enough as it is. (Is Multiplayer even still a thing? I don't know any people for whom it still works properly.)

And yeah the unpaid forum mods are easier to forgive as they are unpaid and not officially part of Oovee, but they weren't a completely innocent party either. They always ignored serious problems with how Oovee addressed things and game breaking bugs. Just like many developers they'd look at a post with 10 problems and only reply to the one problem they know can be fixed easily and they pretended the other problems don't exist. And then there were some censorship issues... So it's quite understandable why they get so much hate.

Was not going to at first but i will for sake of fun.. Otto je bent een lief manneke maar je hebt het mis. 

I'll continue in English. " but they weren't a completely innocent party either. They always ignored serious problems with how Oovee addressed things and game breaking bugs" <-- The task of moderators on any forum is to take care of the forum. We, moderators, are not responsible for game breaking bugs. We did report them to Oovee but apparently that was not heard or ignored. And we did ignore serious problems if by that you mean know-it-all users who always seem to know best, yes looking at you Otto. 

But to clear things up, i left this forum about a month ago. I give up, it's filled with some really good people but also a lot of trolls (yes looking at you again Otto). And really i can't blame the trolls (yes you again Otto) for Oovee have created the perfect play pen for trolls. No communication, no news etc etc. Trust me i have tried and tried again to shake news out of them but nothing happened. Sad to see a forum go sour like this but that's what you get when the company behind it leaves it without content like this. 

So, again, i say Thanks for all the fish. Hein Out.

• Like 7

Putting my irritation at all things Spintires aside, I must thank you, Hein, for all of your effort.

• Like 5

Was not going to at first but i will for sake of fun.. Otto je bent een lief manneke maar je hebt het mis. 

I'll continue in English. " but they weren't a completely innocent party either. They always ignored serious problems with how Oovee addressed things and game breaking bugs" <-- The task of moderators on any forum is to take care of the forum. We, moderators, are not responsible for game breaking bugs. We did report them to Oovee but apparently that was not heard or ignored. And we did ignore serious problems if by that you mean know-it-all users who always seem to know best, yes looking at you Otto. 

But to clear things up, i left this forum about a month ago. I give up, it's filled with some really good people but also a lot of trolls (yes looking at you again Otto). And really i can't blame the trolls (yes you again Otto) for Oovee have created the perfect play pen for trolls. No communication, no news etc etc. Trust me i have tried and tried again to shake news out of them but nothing happened. Sad to see a forum go sour like this but that's what you get when the company behind it leaves it without content like this. 

So, again, i say Thanks for all the fish. Hein Out.

thank you for posting a moderator side of things Hein. i know from being a moderator the vast majority of the time it is a thankless job, but as freefall said thank you and all the moderators for what you do.

Edited by 8up local
  • Like 1

I actually have a suggestion: can we start a crowd funding campaign to purchase the rights and source code spintires from Oovee and either make it open source or form a new for profit company that will actually make updates to the game.

Thoughts?

You never said 'okay, we're passing this on to the publisher or development' you just let the topics die without a response and the problems never got fixed.

I can't know what you're doing behind the scenes. That's why other developers and publishers use this new thing called 'Communication'.

It's really easy to put the blame on the faceless Oovee, but you guys did the exact same thing. The players were always in the dark.

Haha, I'm a troll now for sticking up for the paying customers who never got any support?

If that makes you feel better about yourself for being a shitty employee (volunteer, whatever), go right ahead :)

Edited by OttoNL
  • Like 2

You never said 'okay, we're passing this on to the publisher or development' you just let the topics die without a response and the problems never got fixed.

I can't know what you're doing behind the scenes. That's why other developers and publishers use this new thing called 'Communication'.

It's really easy to put the blame on the faceless Oovee, but you guys did the exact same thing. The players were always in the dark.

Haha, I'm a troll now for sticking up for the paying customers who never got any support?

If that makes you feel better about yourself for being a shitty employee (volunteer, whatever), go right ahead :)

Dude, let it go.  The game is dead on the developer side (barring a giant surprise).  It isn't the fault of the mods.  Further, if the mods have signed NDAs or other contracts, and have inside information they can't share, then they.. can't share it...  Just go find something else to play and let this game be dead.  No need to disrespect the mods who were doing the best they could with a crappy dev standing behind them.

• Like 3

Remember the last time Spintires got an update
Pepperidge Farm remembers

• Like 7

Hello everyone. News about the future of the game. Sorry for such translation.  ;)

Information source: 
https:stmods.ru/spintires/news/iz_besedy_s_razrabotchikom_spintires_2017_07_06_by_khan/
https:vk.com/stmods_ru

Translation:

Hello, friends!
We have for you some information about the future of the world of SpinTires.
We managed to talk with Pavel Zagrebelny and ask him a few questions:

- Paul, hello! The network has a lot of rumors about further plans for the development of the game (up to the creation of the second version of the game). I would like to hear from you the official version (it would be ideal, if with details and screenshots) to share with subscribers.
Pavel: Hello! Unfortunately I can not share the specific news on the game. Soon there should be an announcement! The game is not abandoned! The process is on! =)
- Oh well. We do not get tired of waiting!) Can not even say - will this be a separate game or an update of the current one? Who will be the publisher (if new)?
Pavel: It definitely will be a new game, not an update to the stimulus. There's just too many changes. Almost every detail has changed just for the owners of Steam copy we will try to make a discount. Who the publisher can not yet say - I do not know for sure.
- Well, it's understandable, so much time has passed. Many are already set up that there will be a new game and have long since not believed that the current one will be updated. It's a pity you can not tell the details. Can you tell me when the announcement is planned? When release?) Maybe a beta test?
Pavel: There will not be a beta test, the announcement should be in a few weeks. Release in a couple of months =)
- An optimistic forecast! Let's hope that everything will be so :) The new version will be on Steam?
Paul: Yes, the incentive
- well! If you can not talk about the new version of the game, can you share your opinion about the current state of the game? I mean what the players and modders managed to achieve. For example, caterpillar technology, (pseudo) floating technology, etc. Did you expect that it will come to this?
Pavel: I did not expect. Well cool, a lot of interesting things did =) It's a pity that the game itself and the engine curves a little. But in the future I will try to make the new version more mod-friendly!
- It would seem that there is much more mod-friendly, when so many modders were able to do :) As far as I remember, there was no official statement about the purposes of the release of the game on the Mail.ru platform. Tell me, for what it was and whether the expected results? New version of the game will be on another engine?
Pavel: For the time being on the same. The mail version of the expected results did not bring =) ... New is not the second part, rather a remake with improvements. 

Оriginal: 

Здравствуйте, друзья! 

У нас есть для вас кое-какая информация о будущем мира SpinTires. 
Нам удалось пообщаться с Павлом Загребельным и задать ему несколько вопросов: 

- Павел, здравствуйте! В сети много слухов о дальнейших планах развития игры (вплоть до создания второй версии игры). Хотелось бы от вас услышать официальную версию (было бы идеально, если с подробностями и скриншотами), чтобы поделиться с подписчиками. 
Павел: Привет! К сожалению не могу сам пока делиться конкретными новостями по игре. Скоро должен быть анонс! Игра не заброшена! Процесс идет! =) 
- Ну хорошо. Мы не устаём ждать!) Не можете даже сказать - это будет отдельная игра или обновление текущей? Кто будет издатель (если новая)? 
Павел: Это точно будет новая игра, а не обновление к стиму. Там просто слишком много изменений. Практически каждая деталь поменялась просто для обладателей стимовской копии постараемся сделать скидку. Кто издатель пока не могу сказать - сам точно не знаю. 
- Ну оно и понятно, столько времени прошло. Многие уже настроены, что будет новая игра и давно не верят, что текущая обновится. Жаль, что вы не можете рассказать подробностей. Может быть скажете когда планируется анонс? когда релиз?) может быть, бета тест? 
Павел: Бета теста не будет, анонс должен быть в течении нескольких недель. Релиз в течении пары месяцев =) 
- Оптимистичный прогноз! Будем надеяться, что всё так и будет :) Новая версия будет в Steam? 
Павел: Да, в стиме 
- Отлично! Раз не можете говорить подробностей о новой версии игры, может быть поделитесь своим мнением о текущем состоянии игры? Я имею в виду то, чего смогли добиться игроки и мододелы. Например гусеничная техника, (псевдо)плавающая техника и т.д. Ожидали ли вы, что дойдёт до этого? 
Павел: Не ожидал. Ну круто, много всего интересно делали =) Жалко только, что сама игра и движок кривые немного. Но в будущем постараюсь сделать новую версию более mod-friendly! 
- Казалось бы, куда уж более mod-friendly, когда уже столько смогли сделать мододелы :) Насколько я помню, не было официального заявления о целях выпуска игры на платформе Mail.ru. Расскажите, для чего это было и принесло ли ожидаемых результатов? Новая версия игры будет на другом движке? 
Павел: Пока на том же. Мейловая версия ожидаемых результатов не принесла =) ... Новая это не вторая часть, скорее римейк с улучшениями. 
Edited by At'Meh

So he leaves all of his fans in the dark for a year+ with no warning, then reveals that he's making a new game and that he'll "try to give us a discount."

Are we witnessing the apex of feature creep???

This is the new mode of game development / money grabbing.  You Early Access a game, make a ton of money, make a ton of promises, keep the money, abandon the promises, ditch the game, and move on to the next one.  I've seen Early Access games *SELLING* DLC for a game that wasn't finished.  I've seen Early Access games that have had strong downward pricing trends double their ORIGINAL price when they move out of Early Access....  They no longer have to finish games.  Just build enough to sell to people and then move to the next big money grab.

• Like 3

So he leaves all of his fans in the dark for a year+ with no warning, then reveals that he's making a new game and that he'll "try to give us a discount."

Are we witnessing the apex of feature creep???

The discount is for the "updated version" of the current build. For the second game you will pay full price :)

• Like 1

Who the publisher can not yet say - I do not know for sure.

If he is not working with Oovee on this one it makes sense* that he makes a new game. Oovee's legal page says:

Game engine code © 2014 Pavel Zagrebelnyy. SPINTIRES code and all other materials © 2014 Oovee® Ltd. Oovee, the Oovee logo, SPINTIRES and the SPINTIRES logo are trademarks of Oovee Ltd

So if PZ wants to release a game named "Spintires" or reuse any .xml, texture, map, etc he's made for ST, he needs to get a license/permission from Oovee. Depending on their offer, (re)making a game with a new name, logo, game-code-that-is-not-engine-code, etc, might be cheaper or the only legal choice.

*"makes sense" does not mean "makes paid updates attractive to customers". 

BTW question to the US residents: did any of you stumble on a boxed version of ST at your local mart? Supposedly they've been out for a couple months now...

BTW question to the US residents: did any of you stumble on a boxed version of ST at your local mart? Supposedly they've been out for a couple months now...

LGR found one in December of last year

https://youtu.be/Pwgae-dFLPg?t=94

• Like 1

The mail.ru version has Saber Interactive text written all aver the place (in the protection files) , so maybe Pavel will work with them again.

@Sorcerer: perfect, thanks. Last info I had on boxed edition was Tri Synergy announcing "Spintires Now Available at Walmart" at the end of march 2017. Guess it had already been available for 4 months, the announcement was just...late(?).

Edited by Localhost
  • Like 2

Guest Lord of the Rings

Oovee made a really good Job here! *%#$ YOU!

I hope our Money makes you (Zane, Reece, Tony) happy, you god damn betrayer.

• Like 1

it's not the moderator's problem that the issues don't get fixed, it's oovee's problem, or even more, pavel's problem, but pavel isn't even on this forum, so nothing anyone can do. "other publishers and developers" are actively trying to improve their game for the most part since that is how you keep your paying customers nowadays, oovee doesn't care about spintires (the game itself), just the money it generates and pavel only improves what he thinks is a good improvement even if players don't want those "improvements" at all.

and yes, you're a troll. i can tell by this sentence "If that makes you feel better about yourself for being a shitty employee (volunteer, whatever), go right ahead"

• Like 1

Wow.

This is really pathetic business practice - So so so so sick of this capitalist BULLSH!T.

I will never give you money for any thing ever again OOVEE - you deserve to be sent to prison and a**raped with BARBED WIRE.

You can try to change your business name to something else to hide your greedy ways of theft, but we will find you and expose you.

Edit for spelling of GREEDY

Edited by kraag
  • Like 3