Oovee® Games

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I wrote a fix, just unzip the d3d9.dll and its config xml it in the directory that contains spintires.exe Edit2: new version to handle even more nasty stuff: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m1

Update for you all   We expect to receive a hotfix for testing later today. We will get it tested and hopefully released once we confirm the problem is fixed   Thanks for the patience and positiv

First of all, many thanks to localhost for what he did here. Some people here may know that I'm a software-developer as well but localhosts skills go a few steps further and without his work and helpi

Posted Images

I am a patient man, but my patience are wearing thin. Over the past year I have talked many people into buying this game. I even gave a free copy on my Facebook page to help generate "buzz". My YouTube page should be called "The Spintires Network". I praised this game in an editorial in PC Gamer Magazine. I have purchased 3 copies for myself and my children. This is getting ridiculous now. Today, for some unknown reason, my game is even more broken than before. I love this game, but I am feeling absolutely no love in return. If you guys are hoping to have success with Spintires 2 you had better sort this out. I am holding back on writing any negative letters in the magazines and gaming sites I freelance for, but my instinct is telling me to start writing. I really don't care whose fault it is. I paid good money for a game and now it's broken.

I hear you Mosca, agree.

For me nothing is fixed as for now. (05:40 Amsterdam 02/03/2016)

Reinstalled the game several times(last few hours,via steam) backed up trailed (hah) and error(ed) and the only thing that solves it  for me for now is setting back the (PC)date to before 29-02-2016. At least i can play a bit in the mud waiting for the dev to have his eureka moment,if ever.

Setting the date back to today(read accurate time) won't break anything (not even if you start the game on todays date) as far as i know so date back and play and date to today and life goes on.

Edited by Faxer222
  • Like 1

I hear you Mosca, agree.

For me nothing is fixed as for now. (05:40 Amsterdam 02/03/2016)

Reinstalled the game several times(last few hours,via steam) backed up trailed (hah) and error(ed) and the only thing that solves it  for me for now is setting back the (PC)date to before 29-02-2016. At least i can play a bit in the mud waiting for the dev to have his eureka moment,if ever.

Setting the date back to today(read accurate time) won't break anything (not even if you start the game on todays date) as far as i know so date back and play and date to today and life goes on.

I work at home and use my PC for other "date sensitive" programs. I should not have to change the date on my PC to get a game to work. I am going to just delete it until all this blows over. I was supposed to "live stream" an online session tomorrow. I guess I'll cancel it. Good luck Faxer :)

protect your computer from anything bad happening from the rest of your computer/data

that is what AV vendors would like you to believe, but luckily you contradicted yourself in the first line already. Try not falling into that trap. Edited by MarijnS95
Fixed quote

I work at home and use my PC for other "date sensitive" programs. I should not have to change the date on my PC to get a game to work. I am going to just delete it until all this blows over. I was supposed to "live stream" an online session tomorrow. I guess I'll cancel it. Good luck Faxer :)

Have you tried running Spintires with runasdate.exe? That changes the date for Spintires only, no other programs get affected.

Works fine for me in combination with localhosts v4 fix.

i did everything in this post

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

17540-badge-.png

This question has been asked a lot, but answers drowned in the other posts, so I'll put this here and sticky it.

You probably have some mods installed, or some files left from a previous update. The easiest is to right click on the game in Steam, select properties..., then go to the local files tab and click browse local files. Now you see a couple of folders. (if there is any .mdmp file in there you want to remove that too!). Open the map Media(not Media.zip!) and remove all folders except videos (make sure you backup any mods/tweaks/textures/whatever you have there if you want to keep those).

Now you can go to the exact same local files tab in Steam and click verify local files. this will probably not find anything.

Now go into the game and click the achievements button. If you see all your achievements you're good to go, but if you see a white text about game files differ you need to dig deeper. Read on in the next section.

We will now uninstall the full game, because there probably is some stuff left elsewhere.

What you want to do is right click on the game in Steam and click remove local content. This will delete the game.

Next step is important. You have to navigate to the installation folder, usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common. If you manually changed this folder, you should know where you put it. Then select the SpinTires folder and delete it. If it is not present, then the Steam deletion removed everything successfully.

Now go into Steam and double click the game. This should install the game. When installed, you should be able to play again.

If all the steps above did not work, this is the last thing you can try:

Remove your AppData/SpinTires folder. Press windowskey+R, and a little 'run' window should popup. Type in %appdata% and press enter. A folder pops up. Search for the SpinTires folder, and either rename it if you don't want to lose it's contents (screenshots, saves and config file) or remove it. Now start the game and everything should be working fine. If not, start a new topic in the support section, and provide as much info as possible.

That's all. Happy offroading :)

i still havnt been able to get past the main menu please help Edited by MarijnS95
Fixed quote

Would you rather have another broken update or something that really works?

Let me just post a cheap meme here to make a point

31.jpg

Programming is one of the most difficult jobs there is.

If it was simple, you wouldn't be complaining like manchildren in the first place.

Be glad the devs are cooking something up and still trying to implement official mod support, sure it takes some time but better have some patience instead of rooting for a game that is actually dead.

Some of us here barely read threads before posting their complaints/ramblings/preemptive conclusions, let alone read up on a couple of threads.

Keep calm and carry on!

Edited by Art034
  • Like 2

Hi,

At 10:03 in France, ST crashes everytime.

I delete the Spintires file in Raoming, but it's the same.

When i launch the game this morning i have a Steam update

So, i wait for a fix.

Thanks for whose work on it.

Some of us here barely read threads before posting their complaints/ramblings/preemptive conclusions , sure you may not have the time to read through 18 pages but at least try.

Keep calm and carry on!

18 pages? Ha! Most people here barely take the time to read the post directly above the one they are making!

• Like 4

well since there is NO game play I will just leave it alone, and maybe check from time to time to see if it has been fixed ....... until of course until I forget to check, and then after more time checking I may forget to check again and after that I might have forgotten about Spin Tires completely (that would be a shame) 

We are still testing a fix for this issue and I will post later on the progress. Also we may have identified the cause, details will follow.

However fixing is our current priority so you can all play again. Will post again later

• Like 8

I broke my jeep 4wheeling  irl  all ready so I guess its time to mess with the work around ,till I can buy a new front axle shaft, was hoping this would be resolved by now, oh well maybe ill have to go buy a set of tires and   that shaft  and see if I can break it again before  this is resolved .......................     I got money on me breaking it again lol

Edited by Aaron Sanderson

heinz if your ever over here ill take you wheeling pit style , wide open and up tight trails but irl owening is jeep off roading ends up being lot more expensive then the cost of no sleep lol with the shaft and tires it's close to $1600 us. Just for a set of 33" mud tyres and they ware fast and beat the craps out of the rest of the drive line plus as it becomes more capable it goes deeper in to the swamp/woods making it twice as hard to recover once stuck but it's worth it to me for my hobby I guess lol. With 3ds and blender tyres cost me some sleep as opposed to cash I needs my st fix lol

• Like 1